Bye Bye Windows XP

More
07 Apr 2014 23:21 #34599 by Wingcmdr77

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2014 23:24 #34600 by Deb0
Replied by Deb0 on topic Bye Bye Windows XP
It served admirably.

More
07 Apr 2014 23:39 #34601 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Bye Bye Windows XP
It was good for its time, but I never looked back after Vista. XP had some really arcane menus, especially if you'd gotten used to any of the more recent versions of Windows.

More
08 Apr 2014 01:23 #34602 by Wingcmdr77
Replied by Wingcmdr77 on topic Bye Bye Windows XP
XP was a champ, Win Me was largely a flop, and Vista was not much better in my book. It's nice to have another boot drive on an older machine for XP. Dusted off Star Trek Armada I and II this weekend. Win 7 doesnt like them to much. XP runs them just fine.

More
08 Apr 2014 16:42 #34604 by L0rdG1gabyt3
Replied by L0rdG1gabyt3 on topic Bye Bye Windows XP

Wingcmdr77 wrote: XP was a champ, Win Me was largely a flop, and Vista was not much better in my book. It's nice to have another boot drive on an older machine for XP. Dusted off Star Trek Armada I and II this weekend. Win 7 doesnt like them to much. XP runs them just fine.

Most of the key features that made ME stand out (there were a few) made it into XP. Its main problem was its instability due to the removal of DOS as its foundation. Vista had many great features too, and 90% of them made it into 7. Vista's problems came in the form of incerased system requirements, and a changed driver model.

With history teaching us lessons.... Windows 9 will be fantastic! ;)

I am glad that XP has finally (should have happened in 07') reached EoS. If you want to hang onto it... good luck! Keep it offline. Even the XP mode in 7 pro is EoS. The XP botnet will be upon us soon! :blink:

More
09 Apr 2014 00:39 #34605 by Wingcmdr77
Replied by Wingcmdr77 on topic Bye Bye Windows XP
Very well said!

L0rdG1gabyt3 wrote:

Wingcmdr77 wrote: XP was a champ, Win Me was largely a flop, and Vista was not much better in my book. It's nice to have another boot drive on an older machine for XP. Dusted off Star Trek Armada I and II this weekend. Win 7 doesnt like them to much. XP runs them just fine.

Most of the key features that made ME stand out (there were a few) made it into XP. Its main problem was its instability due to the removal of DOS as its foundation. Vista had many great features too, and 90% of them made it into 7. Vista's problems came in the form of incerased system requirements, and a changed driver model.

With history teaching us lessons.... Windows 9 will be fantastic! ;)

I am glad that XP has finally (should have happened in 07') reached EoS. If you want to hang onto it... good luck! Keep it offline. Even the XP mode in 7 pro is EoS. The XP botnet will be upon us soon! :blink:

More
10 Apr 2014 15:35 #34612 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic Bye Bye Windows XP
It was a good OS for many years, but now I am saying good riddance!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

More
10 Apr 2014 18:55 #34613 by L0rdG1gabyt3
Replied by L0rdG1gabyt3 on topic Bye Bye Windows XP

Myndmelt wrote: It was a good OS for many years, ...

Just not its first 3 (pre SP2) or its last 5! B)

We have 3220 guests and no members online

supportus