Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290

More
13 Jun 2014 12:23 #35009 by garfi3ld

With all of the Sapphire cards that launched this year the one model that I didn’t get a chance to check out was their Vapor-X cards. They share a lot of the styling of their other cards but Sapphire changed up the cooling design with a vapor chamber sitting between the heatsink and the GPU and PCB to spread out the heat for better cooling. I had to see how it compares to the standard Tri-X cooling as well as the competition, so I got in touch with Sapphire and put their Vapor-X 290 to the test.

Read more...

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2014 16:28 #35010 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290
Happy Friday everyone! Today I take a look at the Vapor-X R9 290 from Sapphire. This is a monster video card. You may have seen Ed from Sapphire sporting it in his rig at a few events as well.

Wes

More
17 Jun 2014 00:40 #35030 by Algin
Replied by Algin on topic Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290
Hello. First just wanted to say hi to all of you, as I'm newest member of this community :)
And now to the question - I'm currently in a market for 290, and I'm torn apart before few brands. I have narrowed my choice between the Sapphire and the MSI gaming.

As you have reviewed both of the cards, and from the charts it is shown that they both trade blows and achieve very similar FPS, which one would you recommend? Is the 5db noise difference really hearable? And how are the VRM temps on those cards? Are they kept in check like below 80C during gaming?

Price wise, in my country (Poland) the MSI gaming wins hands down - the version with 1007 MHz boost costs 1439pln - that's about $471 and is in line with other 290s, while Vapor-x is about 300 pln higher - that is about $100 more. Do you think, that this card is really worth it's premium tag, compared to Msi Gaming?

More
17 Jun 2014 04:00 #35031 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290
for that big of a price difference I don't think it would be worth it. They are both great cards, given the same or similar prices I would go with the Vapor-X>MSI Gaming>Tri-X

Wes

We have 2040 guests and no members online

supportus