LanOC 5.5 Mini Lan Feb 20th 2010

More
20 Jan 2010 19:55 #1801 by Lersar
hellzya

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2010 20:35 #1803 by garfi3ld
same here, i can't wait

Who else is coming? and what games do you guys want to play?

I was thinking

Wes

More
21 Jan 2010 02:02 #1806 by Lersar
I'd like to see L4D2. Some we're playing it at Bluth and seemed to have a good time. But I ran into the biggest problem with the game: if you're the ninth person interested, you have to find seven more other people that are, too.

More
21 Jan 2010 03:51 #1807 by Shibumi
Definitely wanna be there, I find out my schedule after monday and will have a for sure answer on whether or not I can make it out.

More
27 Jan 2010 13:40 #1879 by Twodavez
There's got to be more than 13 people interested in coming. Come-on people, get registered! 13 hours of gaming is a perfect amount to get you back into the swing of things and to get you ready for the BIG LAN's coming in April!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
27 Jan 2010 16:03 #1881 by Reaper
I hope to generate some interest for this on Saturday to get at least 3-5 more of the FWG regular crew to attend. I'll also check over on the LANEvents site for AD Clan/CC Gamers and see if they know about it as well.

More
27 Jan 2010 16:13 #1882 by Lersar
I'd also like to remind anyone, especially first time visitors, that if they plan on attending, they need to register. This couldn't be easier:

1. IF you're not registered on the forums, CLICK HERE .

2. CLICK HERE for registration site.

3. At the top, click the 'Sign Up' link.

4. You're done! The $5 entrance fee isn't due until the day of the event, at the door.

More
27 Jan 2010 17:23 #1883 by Nacelle
I don't want to mention another lan to my wife until after I go to the one in the Fort. Why push my luck.

More
27 Jan 2010 17:46 #1885 by jj_Sky5000
Written in the marrage aggrement, you are allowed one lan per month. Since we wont have one in march then you are allowed 2 the following month. Read you marrage aggremnent its in there.

More
27 Jan 2010 18:15 #1888 by Twodavez
At least you don't have a new baby scheduled for mid-March. I'm still planning on making it to Stompfest and hopefuly one of the days of LAN OC v6.0. She should think of it as Father-Son bonding. Would she get mad if you were a fisherman and took the boys out on the lake every weekend to fish? I think some women just have a problem with it because it's not what they like to do.
It's like TF2 for my wife. I can sit there and watch you-tube videos, write on all the forum's, check out other sites for 2 hours without a word from her, but if instead i booted up TF2, she's throw a fit...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
27 Jan 2010 20:30 #1892 by jj_Sky5000
Well, i told my wife , when the baby wakes up he really doesnt want me, i dont have the milk, your more for support for the wife, so inturn she should support your gaming habit.

More
27 Jan 2010 20:45 #1894 by garfi3ld
haha, one reason its nice to not have a kid.

And I agree with Dave, I find it hard to believe we only have 13 registered so far. We had 33 at our last mini lan. Plus all of the people bugging us to put something together before spring. I would really appreciate it if everyone helped spread the word, post it on other forums, tell your geeky friends. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, and hoping to meet some new people!

Wes

More
27 Jan 2010 21:59 #1897 by Twodavez

jj_Sky5000 wrote: Well, i told my wife , when the baby wakes up he really doesnt want me, i dont have the milk, your more for support for the wife, so inturn she should support your gaming habit.

But if I'm in Ohio or Indy it's hard to support her. That's why i'm excited about LAN's in Muncie (which it's been a while) and then in Indy because i can drop off my wife and my kid in the future and they can spend time with Grandma & Grandpa which makes everyone happy. Plus i do'nt have to spend time with the in-laws, which makes me happy. It's a true win-win! Although now that my brother-in-law has that awesome rig i built him, he's always interested in playing something with me, so it's gotten better there.

More
28 Jan 2010 04:17 #1914 by Lersar
Official Game List:

We are, of course, open to any game that has enough interest, so please bring any game you wish to play. The games above are simply what we know people are ready to play.

Versions:
CS:S - Updated via Steam
WC3 - 1.24d
TF2 - Updated via Steam
MW2 - Updated via Steam
Trackmania Nations - Updated via Steam

More
28 Jan 2010 07:16 #1920 by Scootpogo
Is there a crack available for MW2? cause i have the single player...im assuming not because of how the lobies are set up and its steam based for most people.

More
28 Jan 2010 11:13 #1921 by garfi3ld
yeah no cracked version, the main reason that is on our list is because we want to test it out in a lan setting

Wes

More
29 Jan 2010 15:54 #1934 by jj_Sky5000
I would like to see some good old straight WC3

More
29 Jan 2010 18:18 #1936 by Twodavez

jj_Sky5000 wrote: I would like to see some good old straight WC3

It's been a while! I started playing it a little at Indy Smash and i forgot what most of the elf buildings/trees did...

More
29 Jan 2010 21:18 #1940 by garfi3ld
its been on the list guys :D

Wes

More
29 Jan 2010 21:34 #1942 by jj_Sky5000
I know its on the list. but there is dota wc3 mod , and other various mods or classic wc3

More
29 Jan 2010 21:46 #1944 by Twodavez
Just because it's on the list doesnt mean we get around to playing it! Seems you have to beg someone to play a RTS game with you beause everyone is jumping into all the FPS games we have on the menu!

More
29 Jan 2010 22:09 #1945 by garfi3ld
I can't control what everyones going to play lol. We tried doing a game schedule last time, and most people didn't follow it

Wes

More
30 Jan 2010 02:36 #1946 by Twodavez
Understandable, the problem is once someone starts a game like that, there is a small window to hop in, and then it's another hour or two before another one comes around :-) we really need some type of a projector, even if it's an old school one that used dry erase markers, that people could put their name and what game they wanna play, then people could check it out and get something started... I think it sounds better on paper, but it might work...

More
30 Jan 2010 03:03 #1947 by garfi3ld
there is only a small window for fps's?

Wes

More
30 Jan 2010 06:04 #1950 by Dreyvas

Twodavez wrote: Understandable, the problem is once someone starts a game like that, there is a small window to hop in, and then it's another hour or two before another one comes around :-) we really need some type of a projector, even if it's an old school one that used dry erase markers, that people could put their name and what game they wanna play, then people could check it out and get something started... I think it sounds better on paper, but it might work...

This has been brought up countless times, and it always just comes back to yelling the games you want to play. It's the simplest, most effective way to get a game together. We already run BORG chat to attempt game organization and people barely check it. If they won't check something that doesn't even make them get out of their seat, I doubt they're going to have the drive to go check an actual list of games on a board.

More
31 Jan 2010 20:10 #1955 by LinkyPwns

Dreyvas wrote:

Twodavez wrote: Understandable, the problem is once someone starts a game like that, there is a small window to hop in, and then it's another hour or two before another one comes around :-) we really need some type of a projector, even if it's an old school one that used dry erase markers, that people could put their name and what game they wanna play, then people could check it out and get something started... I think it sounds better on paper, but it might work...

This has been brought up countless times, and it always just comes back to yelling the games you want to play. It's the simplest, most effective way to get a game together. We already run BORG chat to attempt game organization and people barely check it. If they won't check something that doesn't even make them get out of their seat, I doubt they're going to have the drive to go check an actual list of games on a board.

I think a non digital (BORG) way is a lot more effective. Dry erase board ftw

More
31 Jan 2010 22:23 #1956 by Twodavez
Oh i understand that luckily i know most of you and your gaming style to know what games you play and what you've got installed. I just got a little wake up when i went to Indy Smash where i only knew 4 people and the other 40 were strangers, it's hard approaching people to find out what they are playing unless it's a PFS where they have a server up and people can hop in whenever. About the only way to see what else people have is to walk around anyway, and even then, usually if they've already started a game, they will play it for 2 hours and not want to play another.
I'm just trying to look out for the new people who we're trying to attract to the LAN's and giving you their perspective on the whole situation. That's all :-)

More
03 Feb 2010 16:02 #1977 by Lersar
So we're at about two weeks to go yet... any final thoughts??

More
03 Feb 2010 16:17 #1979 by Dreyvas
More like, any last words? :P

More
03 Feb 2010 21:02 #1987 by Fildy
How about this for a final thought! I am new to lanoc but cannot wait to attend. I saw in the opening post that it was suggested to bring any game that I enjoy playing. Problem is my favorite game, Heroes of Newerth is currently in closed beta, what a shame. :-( Lucky for me I sent them an email explaining the situation,and they were gracious enough to supply keys for the lan!!! You could download the client now at www.heroesofnewerth.com or wait until the lan and I will have it to fileshare. I am really excited about this as I was kind of dissapointed that I would not get to play it at the lan. However S2 games, showing how great their service is yet again (nothing but good things to say about their support department, finally one that isn't oursourced to India!). By supplying keys for the max number of participants at lanoc 5.5. HON is a pvp based game much like DOTA or League of Legends so it wont be up everyones alley, but it will probably interest some people. So everyone a big thanks to S2 games for their wonderful support in making this happen, hopefully you guys can as addicted to this game as I am!

I'm a bear, put your head in my mouth.

I cry at night

We have 2042 guests and no members online

supportus