Worldwide LAN Party List, Woot Events - Opinions?

More
12 Jun 2012 13:30 #25639 by gnat
Hello lanners! Nathaniel "Gnat" Sabanski here.

www.wootevents.com is now online, and we wanted to know what you all think.

We hope to turn this into a valuable community resource, to help LAN parties expand and new ones get off the ground.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2012 16:31 #25640 by Twodavez
I do like the look of it. I remember there being a few LAN party websites, but non of them really accurately showed all the LANS. Hopefully we can get this one going to be useful to everyone in the community.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
12 Jun 2012 22:03 #25648 by jj_Sky5000
I veiwed it as well, missing alot of the smaller lans 50-100 folks , hopefully he will try to fill it up.

More
12 Jun 2012 22:24 #25650 by Twodavez
I gave Gnat all the local LANs i could think of for him to make contact. Sites like thise are only going to grow as much as the community allows... I can't even think of a good lan party site that shows more than the ones i already know about...

Here's the ones i was able to come up with for him, which is how he got here :-)
www.forgelan.com/forum?mingleforumaction...ic&t=22.0#postid-115

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
15 Jun 2012 10:40 - 15 Jun 2012 10:43 #25746 by gnat
Thanks guys!

Our team will try to add as many LAN parties we can think of, but there are so many we don't know about yet, which is why we need a website like this! Hopefully we've made it easy enough that people will be encouraged to help us add these ones we miss.
Last edit: 15 Jun 2012 10:43 by gnat.

More
28 Aug 2012 22:13 #27587 by Twodavez
Not sure if Gnat still checks out this site, but upon further investigation of the lan happening this weekend, it's pretty low on the list as it's in some order besides which ever is coming up first... There is a LAN scheduled for Jan 2013, that shows up on the list in front of LAN OC. Seems to me this is something that needs updated on the site. They should be in date order, not random...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Arxon

We have 1404 guests and no members online

supportus