MPCon XXV - LAN Party - 350 Gamers - July 9-11

More
02 Jun 2010 13:11 #6306 by jj_Sky5000
Thank you for your patience with us as we have been planning for this upcoming monumental 25th event, here are the details for the upcoming event, and we hope to see you there! Signups are now open!

MPCon XXV
July 9th-11th
Address: 900 Oakwood St Ypsilanti, MI. 48917 (Eastern Michigan University Grand Ballroom inside the student center)
Cost: $27 Prepay, $30 at the door

Signup for MPCon XXV

The LAN will run from Friday July 9th at 3pm until Sunday July 11th at 10am
Check-in times are Friday July 9th 3pm-Midnight, and Saturday July 10th 8am-Midnight

Please checkout the website mpcon.org/info.php#eventinfo for information on what to bring, this is a BYOC event, so please make sure to check that website.

Tournaments
1) Counterstrike Source 5v5 Double Elimination Cash Prize Tournament

•This tournament costs $25 per person extra, and that money is allocated to a 100% in/out prize pot
•Preliminary matches start at 7:30pm EST on July 9 and end at Midnight
•The Double Elimination bracket (every team qualifies) starts at 11:30am EST on July 10, and is scheduled to end at 7:00pm EST
•Tournament rules and FAQ can be found at forums.mpcon.org/viewtopic.php?id=593
•Prizes allocated to 1st and 2nd place (3rd place will be added if more than 20 teams show)

2) Call of Duty 4 5v5 Search and Destroy Single Elimination Tournament

•There is no entry fee to this tournament, and prizes will be announced when secured by sponsors
•Tournament starts at 6:00pm EST on July 10, and is scheduled to end at Midnight
•This is a single elimination tournament, and brackets will be randomized, rounds will be best of 1 map

•Tournament rules and FAQ can be found at forums.mpcon.org/viewtopic.php?id=594

•Prizes allocated to 1st and 2nd place
3) QuakeLive 1v1 Single Elimination Tournament

•There is no entry fee to this tournament, and prizes will be announced when secured by sponsors
•Tournament starts at 7:00pm EST on July 9, and is scheduled to end at Midnight
•This is a single elimination tournament, and brackets will be randomized
•Tournament rules and FAQ can be found at forums.mpcon.org/viewtopic.php?id=595

4) Trackmania Nations Forever

•Tournament starts at 4:00pm EST on July 10, and is scheduled to end at 5:30pm
•This is a top 50% tournament, meaning that to qualify for the next round, you must race in the top 50% of racers
•Maps will be announced AT the LAN.

•Each round will be 8:00 minute "best lap" races.
5) Left 4 Dead 2 4v4 Scavenge

•Tournament starts at Midnight Friday July 9, and is scheduled to end at 4:00am
•This is a single elimination, best of 1 map tournament

Sponsors

If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., and follow us on all of our social networking sites.

www.myspace.com/mpcon
www.twitter.com/mpcon
#MPCon on irc.gamesurge.net

Thank you for your patience, and we can't wait to see you in July,

MPCon Staff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2010 13:24 #6307 by Tiffany
sounds fun! wish I could go.. thats the day i leave for Afghan.. hope some of you guys get to go and kick some booty!! :)

More
02 Jun 2010 15:58 #6311 by Nacelle
Not too bad for you guys up north. I suppose it would be like you guys going to bloomington, IN LANs. A bit far for me.

More
02 Jun 2010 16:46 #6314 by Twodavez
I actually was looking into the LAN. JJ said it's a pretty good one. I've already got plans to head to Muncie to watch my friend compete in a half-ironman triathlon; otherwise I’d love to venture up north!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
02 Jun 2010 21:36 #6319 by Nacelle
In Muncie? I don't keep on on all the news. I listen to podcasts all day. I'm lucky to turn the radio on a couple times a month.

We have 2127 guests and no members online

supportus