The Bluth Family LAN Dec 5th

More
23 Oct 2009 18:27 #657 by Letter3
Registration is now open for Arrested Development Clan's second official LAN. It's all going down on Dec. 5th from 10am to midnight in the Whitley County 4-H Community Building. We are offering game voting this time around so that everyone can see what games others want to play. The most popular games will be nominated for a tournament at the event. We will offer high speed internet, so game updates and Steam can play nicely all on a Gigabit backbone switch.

You are not required to pay once you register, in fact, you are encouraged to find a friend to bring so that you may share your unique Friend Code and both receive a $5 discount on admission. Solo admission will be $15, $10 if you bring a friend.

Homepage: www.lanevents.net/

Any questions should be directed to our forums here: www.lanevents.net/forums/ or email me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Hope to see you all at the LAN!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2009 22:48 #1027 by Twodavez
Bump, this is the LAN we're going to from the FW Gamers/Muncie Gamers! Lets show Columbia City a good time and rock it out!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
02 Nov 2009 22:54 #1029 by Nacelle
Darn, I was hoping to go to a free event, for once.

More
02 Nov 2009 22:56 #1030 by garfi3ld
Alex and I should be coming to this one, we may have an extra seat depending on how things go. (looking at adam)

Wes

More
03 Nov 2009 02:07 #1033 by Twodavez

Nacelle wrote: Darn, I was hoping to go to a free event, for once.

Nacelle, tell you what, i'll buy your entrance to this LAN! now you have to pay for your kids, but it's still $10 free for you! Thanks for being willing to move locations and we'll see you in a month!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
03 Nov 2009 02:19 #1034 by Twodavez
My Friend Code is 63224, who wants to be my friend?
You have to promice to give away your code also!

More
03 Nov 2009 03:05 #1037 by Nacelle
Friend codes don't work that way. One person changes their code to match the other. The code you had is void.

More
03 Nov 2009 03:20 #1038 by Letter3
Correct Nacelle, they only work in pairs. Once you share with someone, either yours or theirs goes away. It's our way of boosting attendance and rewarding you at the same time.

The Paypal Pay Now button changes price based on your Friend Code Status. You are also welcome to just pay at the door since there is not really any need to give Paypal anymore money, but use it if it's more convenient for you.

Also, Thanks for the support!

More
03 Nov 2009 03:26 #1039 by Nacelle

Twodavez wrote: My Friend Code is 63224, who wants to be my friend?

I'm still trying to get an answer from ThA LoCo JOK3R on whether or not he wants to go. Since there'd be 3 of us, if he does, we need another person to friend up with. He's the most wishy-washy of my kids. I'll try to get an answer post haste.

More
03 Nov 2009 12:32 #1043 by Twodavez

Letter3 wrote: Correct Nacelle, they only work in pairs. Once you share with someone, either yours or theirs goes away. It's our way of boosting attendance and rewarding you at the same time.

The Paypal Pay Now button changes price based on your Friend Code Status. You are also welcome to just pay at the door since there is not really any need to give Paypal anymore money, but use it if it's more convenient for you.

Also, Thanks for the support!

But if i use someone else's code both his and mine go to $10 and i still have my code to give out to someone so they can get in for $10. Right?

More
03 Nov 2009 14:07 #1046 by Reaper

Twodavez wrote: But if i use someone else's code both his and mine go to $10 and i still have my code to give out to someone so they can get in for $10. Right?

I reviewed this some more last night, it looks like as soon as one person inputs a code, the system will consume two. At that point both people (the person inputting the friend code, and the friend that shared their code) have their registration fees dropped to $10 but neither can use their code again. Refer to www.lanevents.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27 , first post for clarification.

More
03 Nov 2009 18:04 #1051 by Lersar

garfi3ld wrote: Alex and I should be coming to this one, we may have an extra seat depending on how things go. (looking at adam)

Mine!
lol sorry, just got the ok from mist.

More
03 Nov 2009 23:49 #1059 by Letter3

Reaper wrote: I reviewed this some more last night, it looks like as soon as one person inputs a code, the system will consume two. At that point both people (the person inputting the friend code, and the friend that shared their code) have their registration fees dropped to $10 but neither can use their code again. Refer to www.lanevents.net/forums/viewtop … 3&t=27, first post for clarification.

Correct. Everyone starts off as a code host, then when someone enters your code they become a friend and no longer host a code. Their code gets unassigned, while yours is sort of locked, but you are able to kick your friend from your code if you would like until one of you pays, then it is locked from either of you removing yourself from it. Hope this helps clear up any questions; we tried to make it as transparent as possible, but it still gets confusing sometimes.

More
12 Nov 2009 20:43 #1192 by Letter3
We have posted a summary of the event info in a colorful flyer!
www.lanevents.net/images/flyer.jpg

We have also posted an event schedule here: www.lanevents.net/schedule.php

More
16 Nov 2009 02:51 #1249 by Dreyvas
Still hoping to go to this. Still waiting to see whether I'll be able to get off of work.

More
27 Nov 2009 15:30 #1392 by Twodavez
Only a week away. Get signed up. Should be a good time!

More
02 Dec 2009 06:17 #1406 by garfi3ld
im excited about this weekend, although i can officialy say that my new setup will not be there. I'm still waiting on parts, not to mention I'm worryed about damaging it with the car being packed full like im planning on.

Wes

More
02 Dec 2009 14:01 #1407 by Twodavez
Guess you'll just need to put togeher another lan in Feb. to show it off at! I'm ready for another LAN OC PARTY! Even if it's a mini with no prizes, the group of people the LAN OC attracts are good at the games played and fun to hang out with!

More
02 Dec 2009 21:46 #1408 by Lersar
Dave said it best

More
03 Dec 2009 01:42 #1409 by Twodavez
If it's on a Saturday i'd be willing to come early to help set up, plus it would generate more money for the server fund :-)

More
03 Dec 2009 02:23 #1413 by garfi3ld
Ill let you guys know as soon as I get the building scheduled :).

Wes

More
04 Dec 2009 01:09 #1422 by Dreyvas
Awesome. :D

More
07 Dec 2009 00:23 #1438 by Letter3
Thanks to everyone that came! I have uploaded the photos that I took, check them out here: www.flickr.com/photos/lanevents/sets/72157622825428897/

More
07 Dec 2009 02:00 #1442 by Lersar
It was a good time, thanks again for hosting! Hopefully we'll see the [AD] clan more often in the future!

More
15 Dec 2009 15:16 #1565 by Twodavez

garfi3ld wrote: Ill let you guys know as soon as I get the building scheduled :).

I know you can't schedule around everyone's personal calendar, but i wanted to see if you could not schedule the LAN on Feb 13th? I've got pre-birth classes that day and wouldn't be able to make the LAN OC event if on that day.
Looking forward to another LAN OC event in Feb :-)

More
15 Dec 2009 16:32 #1566 by Reaper
Plus that's Valentine's Day weekend, for many of us married folk that's not going to fly. I put a poll up on FWG to do 1/23, 1/30, 2/6 (only 3PM-1AM probably), 2/7 noon - ? (yes... Superbowl Sunday), 2/20 or 2/27. My guess right now is that it will end up being in January since we haven't had one for a while though. There ought to be enough results in by tomorrow to know when it will be.

More
15 Dec 2009 18:05 #1567 by Twodavez
Good thinking Reaper, i'm glad i scheduled my thing that weekend, it'll be a good couples thing! I rock and didn't even know it.

More
15 Dec 2009 22:07 #1569 by jj_Sky5000
i always have my super bowl party on sunday. which you are all invited, like i do every year!!!

More
15 Dec 2009 22:10 #1570 by Reaper
JJ, 2davez (and anyone else that wants to drive to FW) get on over to my forums and vote already..... :-D

More
15 Dec 2009 23:41 #1572 by Twodavez
I'm trying to get my mom to throw Rachel a Baby Shower a weekend in Feb, so i'm want to get that hammered out so i can go to your LAN while she's doing her girl things :-)

We have 2080 guests and no members online

supportus