Big LAN Dec 5th, 12th, or 19th?

More
29 Oct 2009 19:29 #888 by Twodavez
Anyone know of any large LAN party's (50+ people) going on the weekends of Dec 5th, 12th, or 19th? I'd like to get another big one in before the end of the year, but I’m having a hard time finding any on all the random LAN Lists. I'd be willing to travel to Chicago, Detroit, Cincinnati, or Cleveland and anywhere in-between (Not more than 4 hours away from Fort Wayne/Ohio City). Obviously getting a group together to go would be fun, so keep your eyes and ears open about some big LAN's and lets see where we can take the LAN OC crew to party next!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2009 20:50 #890 by garfi3ld
yeah not a lot of big lans durring the holidays. Its hard to get people to have the time to get out :)

Wes

More
29 Oct 2009 22:28 #901 by Lersar
If I can manage to get by without Misty killing me, I would definitely be in.

More
30 Oct 2009 01:32 #907 by garfi3ld
i would also be down for one if i dont have to work

Wes

More
30 Oct 2009 01:45 #909 by Twodavez
The only one i'm finding is Whempys past dayton... I send him a message to see when the Dec one is... I guess it's free your first time and they ahve about 50 people there every month. I'll keep my eyes open...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
30 Oct 2009 07:13 #917 by Shibumi

Twodavez wrote: The only one i'm finding is Whempys past dayton... I send him a message to see when the Dec one is... I guess it's free your first time and they ahve about 50 people there every month. I'll keep my eyes open...

I've heard mixed reviews about Whempy's. Not that I've been there personally, all my information is 2nd hand and in some cases 3rd hand. But I know some of the LANOhio guys have been and had mixed feelings going both ways.

More
30 Oct 2009 11:43 #919 by Twodavez
Yeah it seems pretty primative, it's in a large garage type pole barn with just tables set up. Looks kinda dirty, but to get that LAN fix in Decemember, that might be the only thing going on.

More
30 Oct 2009 13:38 #921 by Twodavez
I would like to get a BIG LAn planned for next spring/summer. What's the biggest LAN anyone has been to. I'm sure we could find a 500 person lan in the midwest/east coast worth the drive. Rent a 16 passanger Van, make someone drive while everyone else played PS3 & Xbox360 in the back, and make it a major Road trip.
Might even be able to make it a LAN OC Annual trip to a random LAN 4-5 hours away! Could be fun!

More
31 Oct 2009 01:39 #967 by garfi3ld
we have gone to Million man lan and showdown. Showdown is no more right now and Million man was ok. Could have been better, but still a good time.

Wes

More
31 Oct 2009 03:37 #974 by Twodavez
Well we need to find something. I still can't believe there isn't a well organized site that lists all the Big lans in the country/world.It's like you have to get lucky and stuble upon one and hope it's still an annual thing. I'm sure there are some in detroit/chicago/cincinatti/cleveland/ even New York, but it's hard to find some where that puts them all together by date or even by area of the country. No offence, but Muncie Gamers is the 4th most popular LAN in indiana on one of the sites. I'm sure there are other LAN's that are bigger than muncie gamers, but they aren't on the list, so it's not a good representation of the LAN's in the area.
Now i love Muncie Gamer's lans, they are free and there are good people there to game with, just frustrating that the other lans aren't listed. :-)

More
02 Nov 2009 00:06 #1007 by Twodavez
It's looking like Dec 5th would be my last available weekend for the year. My wifes Holiday Party is the 12th and i think the 19th is too close to christmas and other family things.
Let me know what everyone's availablity is for that weekend. Even if it's just a smaller 10-15 person party, it would still be good times!
I know Muncie Gamers & Fort Wayne Gamers were trying to put together a joint party. WE'll see what they are able to hammer out.

More
02 Nov 2009 01:01 #1008 by garfi3ld
im down for a lan, we can get the building if needed also.

Wes

More
02 Nov 2009 02:41 #1009 by Twodavez
That would be pretty cool... Lets see what everyone else is feeling. WE could come set up around 10 and just LAN until midnight and help clean up. Can't imagine we'd get more than 20 people to come so set up should be simple, and who knows we might even raise a little money for the Server fund in the process. I know Letter3 from columbia City was talking about doing something up there, but i think Ohio City would be more convienent for the muncie crowed...
Maybe we could get a vote going just to see who all would be able to make it.

More
02 Nov 2009 02:54 #1010 by Reaper
I posted on FWG too but basically wanted to say that I would be down for this. We haven't got a ton of replies / interest for November / December from the FWG crew but I'm sure I could snag at least 3-5. I would be very willing to come help setup. If the number is much below 20 I'm always willing to host as well, I'm comfortable hosting ~ 16 at my location.

More
02 Nov 2009 03:40 #1011 by garfi3ld
just let me know ether way guys, as long as i can get off work im game. I can also bring server wherever (now with 4 times the ram thanks to Crucial)

Wes

More
02 Nov 2009 11:50 #1014 by Nacelle

Twodavez wrote: i think Ohio City would be more convienent for the muncie crowed...

Fort Wayne's better for us.

More
02 Nov 2009 14:26 #1016 by Twodavez
Well i don't mean to change your Thanksgiving weekend plans (i thought there was talk about doing a LAN Nov 28th), but if everyone can make it, why not plan for Dec 5th @ Reaper's house and if we get more than 20 people to confirm, we can move it up to Columbia City with Letter3's group/building.

More
02 Nov 2009 14:58 #1017 by Reaper
I like that idea. I'll go ahead and throw the LAN party announce on my forums for Dec 5 from 10 AM to 1 AM Sunday... If anyone from the LanOC group wants to make the drive, you are all welcome of course. If we hit more than 16 we will need to consider using the Columbia City or LanOC venues, we can take a vote at that time what is better for everyone. Anyone that is not familiar with my site... you will need to sign up before you see the FWG LAN party forums. Right now I have to approve new memberships to stop spambots from signing up but I check pretty often to see if there's any new apps. Site is fwgamers.net/ .

EDIT: Party posted on FWG... fwgamers.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=439

More
02 Nov 2009 15:46 #1018 by Twodavez
Sounds like a PLAN. Thanks everyone for their imput and willingness to have thir at their building/house. We'll see what kind of attendance we can get!

More
02 Nov 2009 17:19 #1019 by Dreyvas
I'm in if I can get it off, got the green light from my better half.

More
02 Nov 2009 22:00 #1024 by Reaper
Dreyvas, sounds good. We made a wee bit of a scheduling mistake though... CC Gamers already had a party for the 5th scheduled. I'm sending PM's back and forth with their site admin now but may end up being the one I'm planning for the 5th will already go to CC Gamers. Their website is here: www.lanevents.net/event.php .. sorry for the confusion!

More
02 Nov 2009 22:24 #1025 by Dreyvas
So we would all just go to their event on the 5th instead?

More
02 Nov 2009 22:45 #1026 by Twodavez
yeah Dreyvas that's the plan. it totally slipped my mind that they were having their lan on the 5th, so we're just going to go to theirs and not do ours... IT's only another 40 minutes west from Fort Wayne and should be a good time, looks like they have a good space and the network to support us all. Plus for $10, it's just a good deal all around! Mine as well support our local LAN people, plus we could recruit more people for LAN OC's big events!

More
02 Nov 2009 22:51 #1028 by garfi3ld
well its looking good for me going. im hoping that I can unveil my new case at this one

Wes

More
02 Nov 2009 23:02 #1031 by Dreyvas
Sounds awesome. I'll do my best to get it off.

More
03 Nov 2009 17:33 #1050 by Lersar
to my surprise, i'm in as well, if i can find a ride

More
03 Nov 2009 18:41 #1052 by Twodavez
I'm leaving from Fort Wayne, so if you can get here, you have a ride!

More
03 Nov 2009 21:08 #1054 by garfi3ld
lol adam read my post...

and i knew adam was coming before he did. Im shocked she didnt make you wait even longer to find out

Wes

More
04 Nov 2009 13:40 #1072 by Twodavez

garfi3ld wrote: lol adam read my post...

and i knew adam was coming before he did. Im shocked she didnt make you wait even longer to find out

I think it's funny that you knew he was coming before he did, yet you still haven't registered and he has! Who's behind the ball now?

More
04 Nov 2009 13:49 #1073 by Lersar

Twodavez wrote:

garfi3ld wrote: lol adam read my post...

I think it's funny that you knew he was coming before he did, yet you still haven't registered and he has! Who's behind the ball now?

aaaawwww yeah

We have 1712 guests and one member online

supportus