What up, What up

More
27 Feb 2011 17:36 #13969 by Mike02929
What up, What up was created by Mike02929
Totally didn't see this topic earlier... I was the noob at 7.5 who didn't have any games (oh yeah, that guy). Anyway, I had a great time and I'm looking forward to 8.0. I'm hoping to learn more about PC hardware/configuration and figured this is a great website for that. I currently work in the network group for a GIANT mega monster grocery chain. I've heard there can be some problems with Internet bandwidth at the big LAN events and would be more than happy to help out with that if needed. I want to thank everyone for being extremely welcoming and friendly at 7.5.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2011 19:47 #13971 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: What up, What up
Welcome to the site, it was great to meet you at the mini lan. I'm sure you will have a few games soon enough.

How could you help with more internet bandwidth?

Wes

More
27 Feb 2011 19:48 #13972 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re: What up, What up
Were you the guy with the Mac, or the guy playing MVC3? Anyway, that's awesome to hear! Do you have any certifications?

More
27 Feb 2011 21:04 #13973 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re: What up, What up
Yea Mike it was nice to meet you too. Here's what I do on games. If it's on Steam and it's dirt cheap, buy it. Never know when you are gonna play it but for those times you will have it. Also, I do Gaming News so I know what's coming out on PC and what looks good and what doesn't. Make sure and sign up for the the big LAN, v8.0. Those are always a blast. Don't forget that we have a group go to a bunch of different ones also, IUGaming's LAN, Stompfest, IndySmash. Those are the ones that I have been to with other LanOC'ers.

Jump on vent anytime you can. We are usually always on and ready to play something.

More
27 Feb 2011 21:34 #13979 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re: What up, What up
It was great having you Mike, hope to see you at future events.

More
28 Feb 2011 21:11 #14002 by Mike02929
Replied by Mike02929 on topic Re: What up, What up

Dreyvas wrote: Were you the guy with the Mac, or the guy playing MVC3? Anyway, that's awesome to hear! Do you have any certifications?

Well I don't have a mac and I don't own MVC3. I've got the CCNA and working on the CCNP (going really slow though).

More
28 Feb 2011 21:12 #14003 by Mike02929

Wingless92 wrote: Yea Mike it was nice to meet you too. Here's what I do on games. If it's on Steam and it's dirt cheap, buy it. Never know when you are gonna play it but for those times you will have it. Also, I do Gaming News so I know what's coming out on PC and what looks good and what doesn't. Make sure and sign up for the the big LAN, v8.0. Those are always a blast. Don't forget that we have a group go to a bunch of different ones also, IUGaming's LAN, Stompfest, IndySmash. Those are the ones that I have been to with other LanOC'ers.

Jump on vent anytime you can. We are usually always on and ready to play something.

I plan on buying a few of the cheap games listed here on the forum that will be played at the next LAN. Just waiting on payday :)

More
28 Feb 2011 21:17 #14004 by Mike02929

garfi3ld wrote: Welcome to the site, it was great to meet you at the mini lan. I'm sure you will have a few games soon enough.

How could you help with more internet bandwidth?

I was just thinking that keeping an eye on Internet traffic might be an idea since there would be so many people sharing the connection. This would be to watch for huge downloads/updates that may happening automatically and without the operator knowing. A well-placed sniffer could take care of this. Just a thought.

More
28 Feb 2011 21:36 #14005 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: What up, What up
that would be great, internet bandwidth is always an issue. We are looking at options for a load balancing router to be able to run two or three cable modems.

Wes

More
28 Feb 2011 23:17 #14008 by Dreyvas

Mike02929 wrote:

Dreyvas wrote: Were you the guy with the Mac, or the guy playing MVC3? Anyway, that's awesome to hear! Do you have any certifications?

Well I don't have a mac and I don't own MVC3. I've got the CCNA and working on the CCNP (going really slow though).

That's awesome! I just have A+ so far, but I'm almost done with CCNA classes at school, so I'll be sitting for that cert as soon as possible.

More
01 Mar 2011 01:44 #14011 by Mike02929
That's awesome! I just have A+ so far, but I'm almost done with CCNA classes at school, so I'll be sitting for that cert as soon as possible.[/quote]

Good deal man. You going to take the CCENT first or go right for the CCNA?

More
01 Mar 2011 03:30 #14012 by Dreyvas
Probably CCENT, then CCNA.

We have 3868 guests and no members online

supportus