Salutations

More
16 Aug 2012 17:12 #27207 by parall4x
Salutations was created by parall4x
Greetings!

parall4x here from the Fort Wayne area, born and raised (enter Fresh Prince theme...). I'm a software engineer in the Fort Wayne area and have a background in network engineering and systems administration as well.

I went to school at Purdue over in West Lafayette where I was privileged to work with many other students in the Purdue University Gamers Group (PUGG). I was generally responsible along with two other officers for planning our needs for power, local networking and routing. We started with smaller-scale LANs of about 40 participants in campus dorms and steadily grew to 100+ participants for both PC and console in the building known as The Armory on campus. Working with PUGG makes for some of my fondest college memories, so I'm thrilled to have LanOC this close so I can get my LAN fix.

I'm mostly a PC gamer. I've been focusing on BF3 lately and am anticipating the Armored Kill expansion. I'm a reformed WoW addict. That said, and despite having played WoW for a number of years, I prefer low-commitment games that can be readily picked up, played, and just as readily dropped without substantial cost or effort, so I'm particularly fond of Quake-style FPS games at LANs. My friends and I adopt any co-op game that we come across and we only really wake up each day so that we're a day closer to Borderlands 2's release.

Anyways, I think I've talked enough about myself to satisfy my narcissistic needs. I'll see you all at v11.0 in a couple of weeks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2012 17:14 #27208 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Salutations
Excellent. Greetings, and welcome to the community! Look forward to fragging you soon.

More
16 Aug 2012 18:32 - 17 Aug 2012 03:52 #27209 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic Salutations
Hello and welcome. Feel free to see my signature and add me on steam and other platforms. I would recommend you check out the Vent server (details are on the right side of each page if you scroll down). Also there is a LanOC Facebook, twitter, steam group, etc. Feel free to join us all on those different area's and if you haven't yet signed up for v11. You'll want to do that right away.

Oh I'm also in Fort Wayne. So good to have another local gamer!
Last edit: 17 Aug 2012 03:52 by Myndmelt.

More
17 Aug 2012 00:52 #27226 by Wooderson
Replied by Wooderson on topic Salutations
Welcome to the LanOC community! I'm from Newark it's located in central Ohio. I will see you at V.11 (it's a great time). My Steam name is [OC]Wooderson

I kill CPU's

More
17 Aug 2012 05:24 #27235 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Salutations
Welcome to LanOC, looking forward to gaming with you at the LAN. If you're like us and can't wait until then, feel free to drop some invites, you can find a lot of user information for clients below. I've also linked the info for our Vent server.

Add List
Vent Info

If you have any questions between now and then, let us know one way or the other. We have a lot of great members more than happy to help, and you can PM a member of staff as well.

More
17 Aug 2012 09:11 #27244 by Plague
Replied by Plague on topic Salutations
greetings!

More
17 Aug 2012 19:03 #27251 by Cyphis
Replied by Cyphis on topic Salutations
Welcome to the madhouse...your straight jacket awaits. :)

More
18 Aug 2012 05:55 #27282 by Davey_Boy
Replied by Davey_Boy on topic Salutations
Welcome man! Always glad to see newcomers! :laugh:

We have 1504 guests and no members online

supportus