Asus -2 Karma

More
12 Feb 2012 07:06 - 12 Feb 2012 07:09 #22811 by Wingcmdr77
Asus -2 Karma was created by Wingcmdr77
I gotta wait for ASUS to send me an Advance replacement RMA on my defective board. Beginning to dislike ASUS, especially their slow turn around time. I paid extra for a premium board for premium service and don't feel like I'm getting it...

I faxed over the Advanced Replacement Form on Monday. They said two days to process the form,
one day for the warehouse to get it out. You can't even get them to conference call you in
an RMA person and CSA to find out what the hold up is. They claimed they lost the
Advanced Replacement Form and told me to call back the next day to see if they located it
which they did.

The refurbed/new board is suppose to be mailed Monday. Although I am a little doubtful. At
least its coming out of their Jeffersonville, Indiana warehouse as I'm told.

+2 Karma to me for taking the time to use Western Digitals Lifeguard Diagnostics in Dos mode
to use the extended tests on 4 drives (no errors) used Seagate tools as well (no errors)
and memtest 86'd the ram no errors. Took a long time but I really think it must be a bad
board.Tested the video cards and PSUs (swapped them out). I had practically zero trouble with the Crosshair II.

Might be time to leave Asus in the wind and switch to Gigabyte next major upgrade. If it
wasnt for the lack of service and follow through on their part I might not be
so hard on them. I've thought Asus products were products were some of the best of the best.
:blink:

According to the BBB I'm not the only one whom feels this way. And they posted up an
alert on them via their page. Keep in mind the volume of business they do though. So
I'm torn with siding with some of these people based on what I've gone through or just
chalking it up as a fluke... read the report on your own and decide. Don't let my experience
be your deciding factor if you buy from them or not. I do think their Video Cards are
always top notch!

www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/busine...-in-fremont-ca-16870
Last edit: 12 Feb 2012 07:09 by Wingcmdr77.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2012 07:47 #22812 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Asus -2 Karma
Asus normally has good service.

Also buying a premium board isn't going to get you any different service than someone buying a cheap motherboard. Your paying for the extra features.

Wes

More
12 Feb 2012 11:13 #22813 by Plague
Replied by Plague on topic Re: Asus -2 Karma
I have similar issues with the motherboard in my Asus laptop... Mailed the laptop to them, and they delayed for 3 week with the only answer I got was "It is on the workbench for testing." I ended up not even getting my laptop back. I got a refub. BUT besides all of that the Laptop is a great machine and I would buy another one in a heart beat.

More
12 Feb 2012 13:22 #22814 by Arxon
Replied by Arxon on topic Re: Asus -2 Karma
My Asus tablet has a cracked screen that would ahve cost me 280 to fix. It took about 2 weeks for them to tell me that.

More
13 Feb 2012 00:12 #22815 by Wingcmdr77
Replied by Wingcmdr77 on topic Re: Asus -2 Karma
nice to read i'm not the only one with slow turn around time and slow for them to give you some type of feed back.

More
13 Feb 2012 02:51 #22819 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re: Asus -2 Karma
What is the exact problem that you are having with the board? Just random BSOD's? Or is it something more specific?

More
13 Feb 2012 04:53 #22824 by Wingcmdr77
it BSOD after it restarts windows 7 for the very first time. basically, I install windows 7
via a raid 0 install on two identical drives (bought them together) after after the very first
restart it "says loading windows" then a very fast BSOD" I can't hit the pause break button
fast enough to get the exact message. however, it takes an install when going sata okay.

and i stripped it out to the bare bones aka 1 stick of memory, video card, and drives. that didnt fix it. level 2 guy asus tech rep said at this point he thinks it's the onboard raid
controller. i swapped on the PSU didnt help either.

More
13 Feb 2012 08:04 #22828 by L0rdG1gabyt3
Replied by L0rdG1gabyt3 on topic Re: Asus -2 Karma
If you need to see what the BSOD is, use the F8 boot, and choose "Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure". That will halt the system on BSOD until you either press and hold the pwr button for 5 sec, or unplug the pwr cord.

Good luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wingcmdr77

More
13 Feb 2012 09:11 #22829 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re: Asus -2 Karma
Not trying to be an ass but why are you running a RAID as the boot? Not saying that you wouldn't have a problem down the road but more or less i'm just curious, lol.

If it is the onboard RAID controller then ya, that is something that only an RMA would fix.

Hopefully it gets resolved quickly for ya.

More
13 Feb 2012 19:17 #22831 by THUMPer
Replied by THUMPer on topic Re: Asus -2 Karma
So windows loads up fine on the RAID array right? odd... Then it BSOD's... odd..
Are you overclocked? Stable OC?

Also, I thought Asus had an office in Indiana. Or was that Gigabyte? or MSI??
My next board MIGHT be a Gigabyte. I haven't used them since C2D days. MSI also has amazing tech support. They all speak english and are in Cali.

More
13 Feb 2012 22:30 #22839 by illuminatiASUS
Replied by illuminatiASUS on topic Re: Asus -2 Karma
Hello Wingcmdr77,

I have sent you a PM to you please provide your contact information and RMA information. Once i have received that i will forwarded it to our RMA management team so they can look into the concerns you have noted and have them follow up with you to help ensure you have all the information you need to be satisfied in regards to the RMA for your product. I hope we can have everything resolved quickly and effectively for you.

With that noted i would like to noted something regarding services experiences.

While I can understand your frustration in your current situation, especially considering that no user wants to go through an RMA we are always active at looking at our total experience had by our users relative to their service experience. As part of that we are consistently trying to maintain effective, efficient and responsive support. This is evened follow up on directly by our CSC team who completed random calls of 25 users + monthly to evaluate their entire chain of experience through the RMA process.
That being noted there will of course be times where issues can present themselves such as extended testing on a product needing to be completed, inventory availability or potentially breaks in communication as well as other factors. Please keep in mind that in many cases though forums only highlight the generally negative experiences with service and support. They do not generally detail the experience of hundreds of RMAs that are completed quickly and with satisfactions by our users. In addition while I can understand your consideration to go with a competitor as a whole in both channel sales for DIY users and SI's ( system integrators ASUS leads in market share for its high reliability and overall consistently better supported product.

With that noted I hope we can resolve your issues soon.

Please enjoy the rest of your day.

Best Regards,
JJ
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld, Lersar, draymac, Wingless92, Arxon, Wingcmdr77

More
13 Feb 2012 22:51 #22840 by THUMPer
Replied by THUMPer on topic Re: Asus -2 Karma
Now we're talking!

More
15 Feb 2012 07:57 #22894 by Wingcmdr77
thank you to the Asusilluminati and the extra follow through I received.

issue resolved. probably just a fluke in the RMA process.

ASUS +2 Karma B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld

More
15 Mar 2012 08:18 #23883 by TownFunk
Replied by TownFunk on topic Re: Asus -2 Karma
I know this was a month ago, but dang, I wish someone from ASUS could help me with my problem. I've called and emailed about not being able to boot into BIOS and having overheating issues with my laptop, but they all said they couldn't do anything unless I send it back to them. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

More
15 Mar 2012 08:33 #23884 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Asus -2 Karma
I think that is fairly understandable, they can't repair it over the phone and I'm sure they aren't allowed to walk you through tearing your laptop apart.

But asus may be listening on this post, who knows

Wes

We have 1988 guests and one member online

supportus