New Monitor Suggestion

More
13 Sep 2018 20:19 #38558 by Wingcmdr77
Im looking for suggestions for a new gaming monitor for my PC. Ive been using a DVI connection only for years and was strongly considering going with HDMI to get the best picture.

I also need it to be in the price range of 200-250.00.

Suggestions, comments, concerns?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2018 20:44 #38559 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic New Monitor Suggestion
If your video card supports it I would skip HDMI at this point and go DisplayPort.

So basically you want to decide if you want a high refresh rate or high resolution. In a perfect world you get a 1440p that does 144Hz but that would be out of your budget. High refresh rate will feel much smoother, especially if you play a lot of shooters. Higher resolution will have more detail, but as you go up in resolution you need more GPU power to push it.

I personally love Asus monitors, but when looking for a high refresh rate monitor this 27 inch curved monitor is 144Hz and is in your price range. The company is newer, but they are actually based out of South Bend, or at least they have an office there. I've been working with them, will have some coverage up soon on their 32inch 1440p 144Hz model.

Here is a link to the one I'm talking about
amzn.to/2x8sPl5

Wes

More
15 Sep 2018 01:14 #38561 by Wingcmdr77
Replied by Wingcmdr77 on topic New Monitor Suggestion
I've taken a look at this and it looks/sounds awesome. I'm keeping it on my list to get!

thanks!

We have 2258 guests and no members online

supportus