IE9

• L0rdG1gabyt3
  • L0rdG1gabyt3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • The character limit on this box is too small for m
More
18 Sep 2010 07:27 #9367 by L0rdG1gabyt3
IE9 was created by L0rdG1gabyt3
Anyone here trying IE9? If so, what do you think of its new interface? Did MS rip off Chrome? How do you feel the performance is?

I can answer some of these. I installed IE9 earlier today. I will say it does feel a bit faster when it comes to rendering pages. Even these forums seem more responsive and a bit peppier.

The main window does seem to be a bit "Chromish". The tab row is integrated into the same row as the address bar, and the top title bar is gone all together. So the frame of the window is smaller, hence giving (at least the illusion of) more visibility onscreen.

As far as the tech under the hood, from what ive been reading, IE9 is the biggest change to MS's rendering engine in a VERY long time, and it has been overdue. Again, pages seem to load much faster. IE9 is also one of the first browsers out to support HTML5. While some may not care if it supports HTML5 or not, some of the benefits of HTML5, such as native support for H.264 encoding, will surley benefit us all in the near future. (That is unless you work for Adobe! ;))

So anyway, just wanted to find out if anyone else is using the current beta and what they think about it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2010 18:35 #9370 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re: IE9
I honestly didn't think anyone actually still used Internet Explorer. I've been a Chrome devotee for what seems like years now.

More
18 Sep 2010 19:54 #9372 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re: IE9
Tried it, and with chrome when you highlight something you can right click and search google. I use that more than I thought I would. Now that I can't, uninstalled IE9. It is better but Google has me. I also use Chrome to Phone and I love it.

Chrome, Gmail, Docs, Reader and Android. I can't leave.

More
18 Sep 2010 20:05 #9374 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re: IE9
Yeah, the highlight + right click Google search is fucking killer.

More
19 Sep 2010 20:17 #9392 by Davey_Boy
Replied by Davey_Boy on topic Re: IE9

Dreyvas wrote: Yeah, the highlight + right click Google search is fucking killer.

/agree B)

More
19 Sep 2010 22:50 #9396 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re: IE9
Until they have everything that Chrome has and even more, IE is nothing to me. I even got away from Firefox, I have to run to many addons to make it worthwhile.

Sorry IE, Firefox, Chrome fan here. Not leaving anytime soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

More
20 Sep 2010 02:16 #9400 by Jolly-Swagman
Replied by Jolly-Swagman on topic Re: IE9

Wingless92 wrote: Until they have everything that Chrome has and even more, IE is nothing to me. I even got away from Firefox, I have to run to many addons to make it worthwhile.

Sorry IE, Firefox, Chrome fan here. Not leaving anytime soon.

+1 Agree Chrome all the way

We have 1835 guests and no members online

supportus