Blue Death!

More
18 Nov 2009 01:48 #1268 by Twodavez
Blue Death! was created by Twodavez
So i was playing myself a little TF2 just now and it was kinda being laggy, which i figured was the server, then i got the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!!
It was kinda scary, it's been a while since that's happened, and it's never happened on this PC.
Is there anything i need to do to figure out what caused it, or just restart the PC And move on with life?
:o

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2009 01:57 #1269 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic RE: Blue Death!
make sure everything is free of dust, overheating can do that

Wes

More
18 Nov 2009 02:11 #1271 by jj_Sky5000
Replied by jj_Sky5000 on topic RE: Blue Death!
Awe !!! did you install any thing recently Drivers or such...

More
18 Nov 2009 02:24 #1272 by Shibumi
Replied by Shibumi on topic RE: Blue Death!
Drives and overheating are two major causes that show up just out of nowhere for the BSOD.

Probably okay to just check stuff and then move on with life.

More
18 Nov 2009 03:00 #1273 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic RE: Blue Death!
yeah, i noticed one of my fans was covered in dust, i turned up my fan on my video card, but i guess i need to do it all the time, i guess with the heat going in the house, it's not used to a warmed environment...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
18 Nov 2009 03:18 #1275 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic RE: Blue Death!
you shouldnt have to run it on high all of the time though. Just make sure everything is cleaned up and keep an eye on temps as needed

Wes

More
18 Nov 2009 13:45 #1285 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic RE: Blue Death!
I have Speedfan that keeps track of the temps, but i'm not sure how to monitor it during game play. Is there a program that will pop in in the middle of a game if the temps get too high? I'm not sure why i dont get too air flow in my PC, i have a huge heat sink for my CPU and my GPU has it's own fan blowing out hot air. The Power supply takes air from the botton and shoots it out the back. I'm jus tnot sure what else is making heat. I don't even think my PC runs hot, but the fans blowing out either don't have much coming, or it's warm air... I think the case (cm 690) has too much junk between the fan and the inside spaces. There are mesh screens and also a pattern of plastic below it that i belive inhibit air flow. Maybe it's time to do a little more modding to get the cold air in faster. Also wished there was an easier screen to clean for the incoming air.

We have 1617 guests and no members online

supportus