Keeping it cool

More
27 May 2010 19:43 #6238 by Twodavez
Keeping it cool was created by Twodavez
With it getting warmer (or just plain HOT) outside, I was wondering if anyone has any crazy ideas on how to keep their PC cool. I'm looking for ideas such as sitting your computer on the floor on the vent so that the AC goes right into the PC, or piping your window AC directly into you front case fan to get that cool goodness on your system. I’m sure there are some good stories/pictures out there of extreme measures taken to keep a PC cool. Let’s see them; maybe it’ll help us stay cool in the up-coming summer season! :woohoo:

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2010 20:18 #6239 by technobear
Replied by technobear on topic Re:Keeping it cool
once had a 508mm fan attached to my full tower.. never took pics of it.

More
28 May 2010 19:32 #6260 by drpain
Replied by drpain on topic Re:Keeping it cool
My place generally stays pretty cool but if I do have to get some cooler air I have used a normal room fan and just aim it at the machine.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

More
28 May 2010 19:37 #6261 by technobear
drpain wrote:

My place generally stays pretty cool but if I do have to get some cooler air I have used a normal room fan and just aim it at the machine.

like i said... a 508mm fan... :D

More
28 May 2010 19:58 #6262 by drpain
Replied by drpain on topic Re:Keeping it cool
technobear wrote:

drpain wrote:

like i said... a 508mm fan... :D

File Attachment:

Yeah Yeah Yeah can't do Math blah blah blah :P

Had no idea that is what you were talking about earlier in the office lol damn heat and no AC

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

More
29 May 2010 01:45 #6264 by technobear
lmao the troll has lost his edge!!

We have 1329 guests and no members online

supportus