Post your tax time upgrades

More
18 Jan 2011 05:54 #13406 by garfi3ld
Hey guys its almost that time of the year and I am curious to see if anyone has a tax time pc upgrade or rebuild being planned. Nothing big on my front currently with the move and everything but you guys can expect to see some new office photos soon.

I am also hoping to start a new build this spring but that's not really tax time ether. So whats everyone's plans?

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2011 07:03 #13409 by Wingless92
Maybe another 580 and I need another SSD for the LanBox. Will go with Intel on the SSD cause I've used them in the past with no problems.

As for the 580 I will have to wait and see.

Thank god my laptop got an SSD, thing was pitifully slow with the 5400RPM HDD in there. Now, it's like a whole new machine.

Looking at the CoolIT systems for the LanBox also. Not sure if I need one but it's always an option.

More
18 Jan 2011 16:57 #13411 by cytog64
I'll be paying down the $1700 NEW DRIVEWAY I purchased last July to try and help sell my house in New Philadelphia. Going on 10 months of owning and paying for an empty house.

More
18 Jan 2011 21:07 - 18 Jan 2011 21:17 #13412 by jj_Sky5000
I will have to pay taxes (lol) But thats after my 2010 bonus from work.

I am planning on some upgrades Probley going to get Gtx 580 sli Untill I see something that beats them. I also need a new Mb 1366 socket There is alot of new options available. I may also pick up another Intel ssd for Raid. It will all go in the Level 10 that I won from Geeksmack mod contest. I will also be Modding the level 10 a bit. Cough "Tron" Cough So stay tuned for More
Last edit: 18 Jan 2011 21:17 by jj_Sky5000.

More
19 Jan 2011 02:16 #13415 by Dreyvas

jj_Sky5000 wrote: I will have to pay taxes (lol) But thats after my 2010 bonus from work.

I am planning on some upgrades Probley going to get Gtx 580 sli Untill I see something that beats them. I also need a new Mb 1366 socket There is alot of new options available. I may also pick up another Intel ssd for Raid. It will all go in the Level 10 that I won from Geeksmack mod contest. I will also be Modding the level 10 a bit. Cough "Tron" Cough So stay tuned for More

Oh man, can't wait to see what you're cooking up. :)

More
19 Jan 2011 09:15 #13417 by L0rdG1gabyt3
As much as I would really love to do some upgrading/rebuilding this year, I have decided to use my refund in a "responsible" manner and get some financial things straightend out first. The wife and I would like to buy a house within the next 18-24 months.

Who knows. If I have some left over after being "responsible" maybe I can get something done. Ive already filed. Direct deposit on the 28th according to the IRS website. :D

We have 1616 guests and one member online

supportus