LanOC Case Mod Contest 2010: The Unassuming NES PC

More
05 Aug 2010 03:43 - 03 Oct 2010 23:47 #7791 by d_stilgar
Nope. Go to my website if you want to see this. www.modsandends.com
Last edit: 03 Oct 2010 23:47 by d_stilgar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2010 03:46 - 03 Oct 2010 23:46 #7792 by d_stilgar
Screw this bullcrap. I was added to the contest list forever ago. You had forever to tell me that I still needed to add a picture and that the youtube video wasn't enough. If you want to see this project you can go to my website, www.modsandends.com. Or you can go to thebestcasescenario.com/forum. I do a lot of stuff there too.
Last edit: 03 Oct 2010 23:46 by d_stilgar. Reason: Lot's of BS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wingless92

More
05 Aug 2010 05:41 #7793 by Jolly-Swagman
Very nice modding of the NES, well done!

More
16 Aug 2010 08:47 #8199 by d_stilgar
Thanks! If I can get sponsorship I would really like to do a liquid cooled gaming NES. That would be a ton of fun.

More
16 Aug 2010 18:41 #8203 by Wingless92
I say lets burn him at the stake for messing up an original NES!!!! J/K. Really like the quality of this build. Everything is nice and neat. The pic with the mouse on the case almost looks like the NES came with a mouse. As before, I am one for lots of power in machines but with something this small it's gonna be hard to run SLI or a huge CPU. For what it is it's badazz!!!! I could use this for many different possibilites.

More
16 Aug 2010 20:18 #8205 by garfi3ld
I love it! The mouse really does it for me also. Its weird that something fairly simple is the icing on the cake for me

Wes

More
16 Aug 2010 20:52 #8208 by J_E_R_O_M_E
That is very sweet. Makes me want to find my NON-working NES in the closet and try and do something similar. VERY nice job!!

The mouse is the finishing touch

"Where ever you go, there you are"

Battle.net: J_E_R_O_M_E
Steam: J_3_R_0_M_3

More
17 Aug 2010 03:26 #8221 by d_stilgar
I have several gutted broken NES cases. I've bought a bunch that way. There are so many of them and people just don't use it any more so I don't feel that bad taking one apart. I do feel bad about gutting a Zelda cartridge, so of the two disk drives I've done with a Zelda cart I've always used a broken one.

More
17 Aug 2010 04:19 #8224 by garfi3ld
yeah the gold zelda was a little bit of a bummer. I have one here thats still in the packaging

Wes

More
24 Sep 2010 09:56 #9554 by Koolaid84
ok, can i have you list the parts that you used please and a final pic of the casemod and you :) thanks!

Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead. --Anon

More
26 Sep 2010 22:40 #9732 by Lersar
As a reminder, everything must be completed by October 1st for entry.

More
03 Oct 2010 02:23 - 03 Oct 2010 23:47 #9899 by d_stilgar
Last edit: 03 Oct 2010 23:47 by d_stilgar.

More
03 Oct 2010 07:49 #9909 by garfi3ld
Im really sory bud, but we can't include your mod due o the picture being late. I know for a fact that this one was one of the staffs top picks. A few of my favorite mods didn't make it in :(

Wes

More
03 Oct 2010 10:12 - 03 Oct 2010 10:14 #9914 by d_stilgar
Seriously? That's BS. The mod was done forever ago. I don't think posting a picture with the case late really counts. Beside that, I have 24 pictures per second in my other posts with me and the case. Also, you added me to the contest list forever ago, I thought that meant that I had met all the requirements. A PM or email might have been nice.
Last edit: 03 Oct 2010 10:14 by d_stilgar.

More
03 Oct 2010 14:39 #9916 by Lersar
It does suck that this didn't work out, but we have to be consistent. All other entries conformed to the rules, which have remained posted since day one. Your post was also reminded twice a week in advance as to what it was missing. As much as I'd love to see this in the contest, we just can't make exceptions.

I know you're pissed, and I probably would be too, but our hands our tied. I just hope this doesn't keep you from doing projects like this in the future, I'm really a fan of your work.

More
04 Oct 2010 00:13 #9934 by d_stilgar
Let's go through some logic. You host a contest to drive content and traffic to your website. I post some really good content that you yourself say you like a lot. I add the proper tags and you add my thread to the list of contestants, which makes me assume that I've met all the requirements. I then do nothing to my submission for months and you say nothing about how I haven't met the requirements.

So, now I'm not in the contest. I was going to promote myself and drive a lot more traffic here, but now I'm not. Because I have no real motivation to be here anymore (I have plenty of larger communities and my own website to get my stuff out), I'm deleting the content, so that's one less reason for someone to come here.

On top of that, I'm not coming back. I have plenty of really cool builds coming up in the next few months and planned out through next summer. Those aren't going to be posted here either.

So let's see, the goal was to drive traffic and build content, well, you've lost both from me. You shouldn't have added me to the contestant list if I hadn't met all the requirements for the contest. You should have told me back when I first posted that I didn't yet qualify. You messed up on this one and you will pay the price, as small or large as it is.

If you want to see what was here feel free to do a little google search or go to my website, www.modsandends.com

More
04 Oct 2010 00:24 #9935 by garfi3ld
We didn't verify all of the entry's until one week before the contest entry period ended. The reason for this was to give everyone time to make sure they were close to finishing before we started pointing out missing items. Two different staff members posted a week before the contest ended reminding you to post both a picture of you and the mod and your part listing. We did try to help you, I am sorry that you didn't get your photo uploaded in time. We are only trying to be fair to everyone.

Wes

We have 4206 guests and no members online

supportus