LanOC Case Mod Contest 2010- Thermal Mod Level X

More
12 Aug 2010 05:20 #8046 by ThermalModLevelX
Hello mates and this is a worklog of my on goin Pc case build, i started working on this case about 5 months ago and i am almost at the end right now. This case was build with 3 aspects in mind Enough room, air movment, quietness.

Since this is my very first full blown pc case build it took me about a month and a half to figure out what to create and also i spend alot of time in autocad designing the pc case, Unfortunaly i no longer have the 3d drawings or any of the dimensions that i had at the early stages.

The main material i used to create the frame was particle board with 2x3" for the support. After i had the entire frame created i used 1 coat of fiberglass mat and resin to give the frame the strenght; after that i used Bondo hair to fill up the larger imperfections in the body. After sanding down the bondo hair i used reguar bondo to cover up the rest of the imperfections.

This case is based on the thermaltake level 10 case, the reason i chose this case as a model was becouse i liked the idea of having the computer components in separate enclosures thus preventing the heat build up in a singe space enclosure.

Now the Fun Part Computer Specs
Motherboard- asus p5k deluxe wifi
Cpu- intel e8500
Gpu- Nvidia 8800Gt
Power Supply- Coolmax 700W
Hard Drive's- Not Decided
Memory- OCZ Gold 4GB (2 x 2GB) and OCZ Silver 4GB (2 x 2GB)

Worklog Begining

Lates progress

Pictures Taken On 3-20-10

Pictures taken on 3-31-10

Pitures taken on 4-4-10

Images taken on 4-25-10

Images taken on 5-2-10

Images taken on 7-21-10

Pictures taken on 7-25-10

{{{{FIRE PREVENTION}}}}

I sprayed the inside of the hard drive bays with fireproofing paint, i just wanted to be on the safe side incase the hard drive was to malfuncion and overheat and possibly burn the entire case down. I will also spray the inside of the case and also inside the motherboard and Power supply area.

Paint theme:
-Black, with Red highlights

Graphics:
- From the game “Counter Strike Source “the “SAS” Counter Terrorist will be holding a Desert Eagle Aimed at the Dell Logo on the back of the Case; Across the Fan Enclosures there will be Red Paint drops simulating a “HEADSHOT” the same way that it looks in the game when you shot somebody in the head and the blood splatter that is seen on the wall, Also around the Entire case there will be logos from my Sponsors. Maybe some Flames will be placed on the Door that covers the Motherboard Enclosure. I have a buddy who is a proffesional Airbrush Artist that will make this case look EPIC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2010 01:53 #8163 by garfi3ld
I have been following this one on facebook, looking forward to seeing it finished!

When will it be going in for paint?

Wes

More
16 Aug 2010 04:10 #8181 by Lersar
Given the name/inspiration, are you focusing on creating a build that significantly reduces temperatures?

More
16 Aug 2010 07:00 - 16 Aug 2010 07:01 #8196 by ThermalModLevelX
Thanks for your feedback guys
Last edit: 16 Aug 2010 07:01 by ThermalModLevelX.

More
16 Aug 2010 07:02 #8197 by ThermalModLevelX

garfi3ld wrote: I have been following this one on facebook, looking forward to seeing it finished!

When will it be going in for paint?

Hoppefully within 2-3 weeks

More
16 Aug 2010 07:06 #8198 by ThermalModLevelX

Lersar wrote: Given the name/inspiration, are you focusing on creating a build that significantly reduces temperatures?

Not necesserily, i just wanted to build a computer case that would fit my needs, and the design worked out in a way to help me keep the case cool.

More
24 Sep 2010 09:59 #9555 by Koolaid84
hello :) need a running pic, finished pic of you and the casemod please :)

Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead. --Anon

More
24 Sep 2010 14:45 #9567 by garfi3ld
did you get it painted?

Wes

More
26 Sep 2010 22:33 #9730 by Lersar
Just reminding that everything needs to be completed by October 1st for entry.

We have 1440 guests and one member online

supportus