Morbid Bunnie

More
23 Aug 2010 03:04 #8393 by Lersar
Morbid Bunnie was created by Lersar
So I'm finally wrapping up Misty's computer that I've been promising her since before we went to CES this January. Nothing too special, but I had to order a new micro motherboard since she had her heart set on the In-Win Allure case.

GIGABYTE GA-M68M-S2P GF7025
AMD Athlon 64 X2
4GB Mushkin RAM
NVidia GeForce 8800 GT
In-Win Allure

We're also going to do some vinyl lettering on the case to give it some originality. It's named after her first character she made in Diablo 2 (arguably her gateway PC game aside from Facebook). Pics soon, she'll be at the LAN, most likely playing Hotel City. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2010 04:54 #8452 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re: Morbid Bunnie
Got the mobo in today, everything is put together and she finally has her own Steam account, equipped with a fresh copy of Plants vs Zombies. Her username is pancake33105 to add her as a friend.

Everything went smooth, it's got an older Zalman heatsink and crappy Rosewill PSU, so upgrades are definitely a must in the future. Plus the board supports core, and she'll prob need a video card soon. Like I need more to sink money into this hobby. :laugh:

More
25 Aug 2010 05:17 #8454 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic Re: Morbid Bunnie
which model of Athlon x2? My daughter's clocked up to 3.2ghz without messing with the voltage. We'll see how much higher it will go when I get the time to mess with it more. I wouldn't worry too much about the gfx card if she's using a smaller screen. LocoBoy has that card and it runs fine on a 19".

More
25 Aug 2010 07:04 #8455 by Koolaid84
Replied by Koolaid84 on topic Re: Morbid Bunnie
i bet she thanks you for finally doing this for her :)

Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead. --Anon

We have 2207 guests and no members online

supportus