DarthBeavis Project: nVidia Charity Build 2009Time

More
04 Oct 2010 05:17 #9977 by DarthBeavis
Time to get the Nvidia/Intel/Asus/Crucial/Danger Den/Silverstone/Performance PCs/Smooth Creations/Out of the Box Mods/Oznium charity build completed. It will be auctioned off with proceeds going for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. MUST have the build done by the end of the weekend.
My buddy, Paul, from Nvidia asked me months ago if I would do a mod for a charity (the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society). How could I say no. At the time we both thought it would just be a modest build and might raise a little money for a good cause. Well, things sort of went beyond what we thought with all sorts of vendors helping out. Here is a list:
Nvidia: Single PCB 295 GPU (I will have to ask who the AIB was), 3d Stereo glasses kit, Samsung 22" 3d Stereo monitor (thanks to Samsung as well)
Danger Den: Double-wide Tower case, full water-cooling including two Black Ice SR1 360 rads, pump, GPU block with custom green top, MC-TDX block with custom green top
Intel: 975 Extreme Edition Proc
Crucial: Two 256 gig SSDs and 12 gigs Green DDR3 Ballistix Tracer ram
Asus: Rampage II Gene mobo
Silverstone: Strider 1 K PSU
Performance PCs: ALL the accessories and custom sleeving services
Smooth Creations: One killer paint job on case, rads, psu
OutoftheBoxMods(me): labor

Anyways, let's start out by checking out the case (just got it mostly assembled)
Painted Panels:

Assembled (will take better lit pics tomorrow)

Got to get the waterblock installed and do some sleeving before going further.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2010 05:17 #9978 by DarthBeavis

More
04 Oct 2010 05:17 #9979 by DarthBeavis
Didn't get as much done today as I had hoped. Did paint the optical drive, sleeved some, installed water-block on GPU, installed a special water feature in the case, and did a few other things. Also tested all the hardware on one of my new test benches.

First, my lovely test bench (just did a quick build to test and install the OS) from my buddies at Case Appeal (www.caseappeal.net):

Installing the awesome Danger Den block on the single PCB 295 (Nvidia made it much easier to take the GPU apart). This block has a custom UV Green top.

Sleeving (had to modify a few of the cables but thanks to Performance PCs for pre-sleeving some of them - if you hate sleeving consider using Performance PCs as they do good work):

More
04 Oct 2010 05:18 #9980 by DarthBeavis
All the cables are now sleeved. Off to the gym, then when I get back time to plug it all in, fill the coolant, and fire it up.

More
04 Oct 2010 05:18 #9981 by DarthBeavis
System is running under water (you did not know it would be submersed ;) ). Made a custom mount to pimp the Crucial SSDS. Now I just need to install the case fans, pull the PSU cables tight (by connecting them to back of mobo tray), and add the LED strips from Oznium (should be receiving them tomorrow). Friday morning I will drop the build (and my American Flag build) off at PDXLAN 14.5 where it will debut and where the auction will be announced and will start online. Nvidia is handling the auction.

One cool thing is the Aero Touch 2000 fan controller. I connected the pump RPM wire to it so it displays the pump RPM as the first fan. Nice feature.

More
04 Oct 2010 05:19 #9982 by DarthBeavis
Nvidia requested I add another single PCB 295 so now I have to uni-sleeve a couple more PCI-E cables and get Danger Den to make another custom block (they will crank on out Monday for me). I displayed the rig at PDXLAN Friday night and today. Updated pictures and video on my blog www.outoftheboxmods.com

More
04 Oct 2010 05:22 #9983 by DarthBeavis
We ended up raising over 7k!!!
charitycasemod.com/
Jan 2010 of CPU Mag issue
www.computerpoweruser.com/Images/SmartCo...U_1001/pageflip.html
write up on page 38
This is digital version of the magazine

We have 1985 guests and no members online

supportus