-Character Consistent in Solo and Multiplay
-Literally hundreds of millions of weapons
-Over a hundred hours of gameplay
-Unique style of graphics with shading
-Lots of Quests
-Some sort of consensual PvP
-Drop in and Drop out on the fly multiplayer gameplay
-4 Character\Classes with unique abilities and skills
-Combination of RPG and FPS. (FPS Gameplay with RGP Skills, exp, damage, gear etc.)

Check it out at www.borderlandsthegame.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2009 07:21 #114 by Shibumi
Found the Games Press article about it...

Title: Borderlands™
Publisher: 2K Games
Developer: Gearbox Software
Platform: PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Games for Windows®
ESRB Rating: Not Yet Rated
Release Date: Fall 2009
Web Site: www.borderlandsthegame.com

Product Overview:

Borderlands™ combines the best in first-person action with player customization and vehicular combat to deliver an exciting Role-Playing Shooter experience. The game features a groundbreaking content generation system allowing for near-endless variety in weapons and item drops. Borderlands allows for multiple players to share the same game experience simultaneously online in co-op gameplay. Players can freely join or leave each other's games at anytime, or choose to play in the full single-player mode. These features, along with a rich and deep fiction that touches upon the mysteries buried beneath the surface of a danger-filled planet, combine to form a breakthrough experience that challenges the conventions of modern shooters.

Features:

* FPS Action Meets RPG Character Progression: Players can choose from one of four distinct characters and earn experience and gain proficiency in a number of specialties as they do battle with enemies. Upgrades can be invested in a wide variety of special abilities, allowing players to create a fully customized character that is tailored to their playing style
* Co-op Engineered Game Design: Borderlands is built from the ground-up to be an exciting and intuitive co-operative multiplayer experience that rewards players for investing in specific co-op skills
* Radical New Art Style: Fresh and exciting new visual style combines traditional rendering techniques with hand-drawn textures to paint a unique and eye-catching spin on the First Person Shooter genre
* Gun Lust: Choose from an arsenal of hundreds of thousands of weapons, each with their unique manufacturers, specifications and advantages. A revolutionary new content generation system produces almost infinite tools of destruction
* Intense Vehicular Combat: Get behind the wheel of and engage in intense vehicle-to-vehicle combat, complete with extensive damage modeling and spectacular explosions
* Next Big Original IP From Gearbox Software: Experience the action and creativity derived from the pedigree of one of gaming’s most consistent and respected developers

More
13 Oct 2009 21:19 #224 by Shibumi
Update: PC Version has been delayed until the 26th of October, Console versions still slated for the 20th.

If I had to guess I'd say that this is a copy of the current trend of PC games getting the 1-2 week delay to cut down on immediate pirating and boost console sales. A smart, but annoying move if you ask me. I think we may be seeing a LOT more of this kind of marketing in the future.

More
15 Oct 2009 01:32 #253 by Shibumi
Skill Trees for each class posted:

Mordecai - bit.ly/4nQPXu
Lillith - bit.ly/t9WPO
Brick - bit.ly/3NVbsD
Roland - bit.ly/PY4D3

Also Steam has a 4-Pack just like what they did with L4D. You can essentially get 4 copies of the game through steam for the price of 3. Also right now you get an even bigger discount if you pre-order (Order before the 26th) and you can get 4 copies for just 135.95 or something like that. You end up paying about 33.75 per person with the current pre-order 4 pack.

More
28 Oct 2009 21:47 #867 by Shibumi
Borderlands is out! Well it has been for a week now. First of all, its a really awesome game, definately worth playing\buying. Both the 360 version and the PC version are excellent. PC version looks better and I think looks clearly like a port though in the controls department.

However, all that aside there is virtually no DRM. That's right, if you go torrent it right now and follow the crack in the installer instructions properly you can play online, singleplayer, or LAN easy as pie. You just need a gamespy arcade id.

So go get it and an id and add me:

Gamespy ID: ensleygd

More
29 Oct 2009 18:43 #886 by Shibumi
[youtube]657Tt28xDc8[/youtube]

More
30 Oct 2009 02:36 #911 by Koolaid84
so its worth it? i want to play it but im up in the air about it

Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead. --Anon

More
30 Oct 2009 07:11 #916 by Shibumi
I decided my post deserved to be in the official Borderlands thread as well sorry for the double post.

First of all, its fucking awesome. Don't get me wrong, its not without its faults, but most of my issues with the game are fixable or patchable. There are only a small amount of very minor gameplay issues I don't like. Its honestly an excellent game all around.

If you love Diablo, if you love shooters, if you love loot, if you love RPGs or FPSs then this game is a great buy for you! Even if you don't like those, this is a new try to get you into those kinds of games.

Add to that, you can play the torrented version completely fine online\lan\singleplayer and you have yourself one awesome demo if you want. I highly recommend purchasing however, because gearbox definately deserves the sales from this wonderful game. Expect a full review from me soon.

More
30 Oct 2009 10:11 #918 by Shibumi
Some Vids I snapped while playing tonight...

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

More
31 Oct 2009 10:39 #979 by Shibumi

More
03 Nov 2009 03:56 #1040 by Koolaid84
btw the best game evar :D

More
03 Nov 2009 12:36 #1044 by Twodavez
looks cool, am i understanding right that it's just a 4 players game? is there LAN capabilities for us who might want to try it out before spending money?

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
03 Nov 2009 15:09 #1047 by Dreyvas
1-4 players, and yes.

More
03 Nov 2009 21:57 #1058 by Shibumi

Twodavez wrote: looks cool, am i understanding right that it's just a 4 players game? is there LAN capabilities for us who might want to try it out before spending money?

If you read my post you'd also see the evaluation copy is played online with no problems. So try away even before a LAN.

Ps. What's your gamespy id kool?

Add ensleygd

More
05 Nov 2009 01:09 #1083 by Koolaid84
Its AfterDark84

We have 2901 guests and no members online

supportus