FFXIV, A Realm Reborn beta

More
22 Aug 2013 22:12 #32428 by X-Infinity-Zero
Was very impressed with phase 4 of the beta (except for the bug that kicked me out for 20+ hours) but from what i was able to play i could immediately tell there were some great improvements over phase 3 of the beta.

Phase 4 didn't feel like i had to grind to get to the higher levels. I also noticed that the abilities for some of the jobs had changed.

I noticed that the graphics had been tweaked with higher textures, better dynamic lighting and shadows and the full support for Crossfire and SLI were added.

I also really enjoyed the new voice over cut scenes and I hope they continue to add more voice overs to the rest of the game.

Tho there is a lot more to do to this game, i feel it has great potential. I have already preordered the game and i cant wait to start playing again this Saturday when the servers open early.

Greenmangaming.com currently has a code to get the game for $22.

Is anyone else picking up this game?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2013 22:21 #32430 by X-Infinity-Zero
Use this code GMG25-OGRUH-7SM8H for 25% off.

I think this code ends 2morrow.

More
22 Aug 2013 22:53 #32432 by Deb0
Replied by Deb0 on topic FFXIV, A Realm Reborn beta
Already registered pre-order and everything. Will be on the Balmung Legacy server it looks like. There is a lot of potential here unlike the first incarnation with apparently 3 tiers of endgame already set and ready to go. Will be playing a ton of it at the lan most likely and streaming a bunch of my play from home come EA.

More
27 Aug 2013 03:28 #32480 by X-Infinity-Zero
About to ask for a damn refund. I havent been able to play at all. Every time i log in it says world is full, try again later.

The reason for this is because they didnt implement a damn AFK timer to boot anyone who isnt playing So what people are doing is logging in and leaving their toons just sit their while they are at work or asleep.

On top of that they limited how many people can log on to the servers because the load is just to much for the servers to handle. They straight up said that they didnt expect this many people to be playing the game at launch or early access.

Is there not a way to see how many of the damn games you sold and you can predict server load based off of that? All they need to do is add more servers and add a damn AFK timer.

I cant believe i paid for a damn game that i want to play but i freaking CANT!.

The kicker is that 2morrow is the official launch of the game and if they are having this much trouble with early access then god help them when it comes time for the launch when more people start to flood the servers.

More
27 Aug 2013 05:35 #32484 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic FFXIV, A Realm Reborn beta
I've had that problem too. I don't think I've ever had a game that I paid and couldn't access a server. That's kinda lame.

More
27 Aug 2013 09:59 #32486 by Deb0
I honestly don't know what to say, I must be in the minority. I have rarely had any problem other then a short queue time and dealing with the maintenance.

More
27 Aug 2013 16:44 #32487 by Lersar

mem0man wrote: I honestly don't know what to say, I must be in the minority. I have rarely had any problem other then a short queue time and dealing with the maintenance.

Well you don't have to worry about login queues if you never stop playing :P

More
27 Aug 2013 16:47 #32488 by Lersar
Heh it's just one thing after another for me I guess. Now this morning I click on Play and Character Selection comes up but it doesn't load anything else. Just pan the area of glowing lights and flowing particles.

More
28 Aug 2013 00:17 #32491 by Deb0

More
28 Aug 2013 03:39 #32501 by Lersar
Well my character loads now, but the world is full again... I'm starting to get a little pissed off.

More
28 Aug 2013 05:54 #32504 by X-Infinity-Zero
Well im glad they finally decided to add more servers...

Looks like im just going to shelve this game for a week.

I hope the server issue is fixed by the time LAN OC starts.

More
29 Aug 2013 18:30 #32528 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic FFXIV, A Realm Reborn beta
I'm considering playing this. Will probably wait untill server issues get fixed. What server are you guys on?

More
30 Aug 2013 01:21 #32533 by Lersar
Balmung Legacy with mem0.

More
30 Aug 2013 16:18 #32540 by Lersar
I should mention that as much complaining I've done, its only because I want to play the game. When I have been able to get in, I'm loving it.

More
30 Aug 2013 16:43 #32541 by Ropplestiltskin
I need to figure out my log in and down load this game again.

Ok so I need a bottle of nitro, a stick of Dynamite, a roll of duct tape and ... Oh yeah! a squirrel

More
30 Aug 2013 20:19 #32544 by Deb0
I'll be hitting 50 today =D

More
31 Aug 2013 05:23 #32548 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic FFXIV, A Realm Reborn beta
Sales are closed until they expand server capacity so I no longer have a choice but to wait. haha

More
01 Sep 2013 01:20 #32553 by Deb0

More
02 Sep 2013 06:51 #32558 by X-Infinity-Zero
Now that i have had 2 full days of play time with the game, i can now say that i love this game and i now have no life. lol.

Im on Atomantois and i have a lvl 23 Pugilist and a lvl 15 Lancer. Im going for a Monk.

Again i love this game. It will be even better for everyone when the servers are fixed.

More
03 Sep 2013 22:40 - 03 Sep 2013 22:41 #32575 by X-Infinity-Zero
Well i am now lvl 25 and i have gotten 3 runs out of the way and defeated my first summon.

The more and more i play the more and more i can feel my life slipping away lol.

The runs i found to be very fun and very different. The are very creative and very polished in terms of graphics. They even put some things in the runs that caught me and the others in my group completely off guard. I had a few awesome WTF! moments that made me love the game even more.

The summon fights are incredible and i cant wait to fight the others.

I havent had this much fun in an MMO since Wow/Wrath.

They have an amazing game and i just hope they can fix the service so everyone can enjoy it. The game looks and feels extremely well polished and if they can build off of what they have and fix the server issues, i honestly think that this game will give Wow a run for its money.

I tried to play Wow a little after playing FF14 and i just couldnt do it. Wow feels so out dated compared to this that i dont think im ever going to go back.
Last edit: 03 Sep 2013 22:41 by X-Infinity-Zero.

More
04 Sep 2013 00:15 - 04 Sep 2013 00:16 #32580 by Deb0
The game starts picking up around 35. The dungeons get a lot harder and unforgiving and you finally start getting more skills beyond your standard combos for each class. Now at 46 on my Paladin I have 9 tanking cooldowns 2 reactives, 3 type based interrupts and two stances =D

I had to go to a third bar since hitting 50 on my Warrior.
Last edit: 04 Sep 2013 00:16 by Deb0.

We have 1711 guests and no members online

supportus