Should I even ask? XboxNone

More
11 Jun 2013 23:51 #31425 by Deb0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2013 02:44 - 12 Jun 2013 02:44 #31427 by X-Infinity-Zero
Last edit: 12 Jun 2013 02:44 by X-Infinity-Zero.

More
12 Jun 2013 17:05 - 12 Jun 2013 17:07 #31430 by X-Infinity-Zero
Now this is kind of a crappy statement by Microsoft.

Microsoft is pretty much saying if you dont have an internet connection, then dont buy the Xbox One but instead stick with a 360.

Wow...what a way to promote your new system Microsoft...

www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/12/gamers-w...x-360-says-microsoft
Last edit: 12 Jun 2013 17:07 by X-Infinity-Zero.

More
12 Jun 2013 18:19 #31431 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Should I even ask? XboxNone

X-Infinity-Zero wrote: Now this is kind of a crappy statement by Microsoft.

Microsoft is pretty much saying if you dont have an internet connection, then dont buy the Xbox One but instead stick with a 360.

Wow...what a way to promote your new system Microsoft...

www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/12/gamers-w...x-360-says-microsoft

Just to play devil's advocate, what are they supposed to say in this situation? Why would you buy an Internet-focused device that requires constant online check-ins if you don't have reliable broadband? It sucks, but it does make sense.

That said, ps4forlyfe >_>

More
12 Jun 2013 20:07 #31434 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Should I even ask? XboxNone
Sony isn't requiring any sort of internet requirements as far as the console goes, but I wonder how soon it will be before the games do? Especially since we will have one platform that does, essentially, guarantee an Internet connection, will game developers start incorporating features that rely on it? We've already seen small add-ins like being able to call in help from mobile users for Watch Dogs, for example. It can be more than a novelty: open world games were a huge selling point amongst all presentations, what if developers rely on that Internet connection to deliver content? Will we get to the point where not having an Internet connection will severly hurt the playability of the games themselves? In that light, I can almost understand Microsoft moving towards Internet requirements. I think that's give them a lot more credit than they deserve, but it is an interesting thought.

More
12 Jun 2013 20:17 #31435 by Deb0
Replied by Deb0 on topic Should I even ask? XboxNone
From what I saw on the games, everything has tablet/vita/second screen support in some way. More then a few of the games revealed are online multiplayer. But that is really the point isn't it? If the games require it that is fine, you buy the games because you want them and can play them. If the whole system is based on this principle you are pretty much screwed. I know alot of player base for the 360 came from the military in placed with shit internet connections. They basically gave that market the finger.

More
12 Jun 2013 20:36 #31436 by Lersar
How long before its not an option? Sony is receiving a lot of positive press because they aren't requiring the PS4 to have a reliable Internet connection, but in the end they may not have to. Tretton stated during an interview that third party developers will still be free to impose the same sort of requirements that Microsoft is doing as a whole. If Studio A is developing a game for both platforms and one of them already assumes an Internet connection, is that going to be a least common denominator we have to deal with? Having a reliable Internet connection becomes the majority norm if you consider PC in the mix.

Sure, you have the choice not to buy those games. This is a very "what if" situation, but imagine if most if not all third-party developers adopt this reliable Internet connection for their games, even outside of multiplayer, for content delivery, DRM, whatever it may be. Sony has said they won't do this with their first-party titles, and suddenly those become the only games that this demographic without an Internet connection can play. Sounds like a win win.

More
12 Jun 2013 21:45 #31437 by Deb0
I think the point here is let it be the developer and publisher's choice to implement their own system and let people choose on a game by game basis not at the console level. Most of us are kind of lax as this has been the status quo for PC for almost ever. The console market has never been this way though and there is a lot of kickback.

More
13 Jun 2013 03:36 #31439 by Lersar

mem0man wrote: I think the point here is let it be the developer and publisher's choice to implement their own system and let people choose on a game by game basis not at the console level. Most of us are kind of lax as this has been the status quo for PC for almost ever. The console market has never been this way though and there is a lot of kickback.

I don't disagree. Just trying to encourage some conversation.

More
13 Jun 2013 23:06 #31451 by Deb0
You want some bad mojo? How about telling one of your dev teams that makes an exclusive game for you that they can't use your system?

www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013...x-one-in-poland.aspx

More
14 Jun 2013 01:37 #31455 by Lersar
And the PS4? No region lock. At all.

More
20 Jun 2013 05:38 #31513 by Deb0
Xbox One80

More
21 Jun 2013 00:13 #31520 by Leonresevil2
news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Yup, they turned around on most of the issues for now, too much flak. At least they could see the early preorder sales and tell that PS4 was going to kill them.
Kinect is still iffy, if they can release a version of the system without it for the $400 price of PS4, they may come out ok. Still doesn't fix region locks (but remember that PS3 and Blu-ray was supposed to be region-free, THE LIES).

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
21 Jun 2013 00:57 #31522 by X-Infinity-Zero
I might be misreading and sorry if i am but are you saying that the PS3 isnt region-free?

I have a 2 hour Japanese Demo of Final Fantasy 13 that plays fine in my PS3 along with a few other Japanese only titles.

Again sorry if i misread the post and didn't catch any sarcasm.

Also i think the damage is done. I still see plenty of comments and posts of xbox gamers still completely pissed off and still sticking with the PS4.

If Microsoft wanted to avoid any major damages, then they should of done all these changes before E3 and addressed them. Instead they game Sony and opening to beat them down.

I got my PS4 preordered and couldn't be happier.

We have 1654 guests and no members online

supportus