Awesomenauts Starstorm

More
19 Aug 2013 23:33 #32298 by Dreyvas
www.kickstarter.com/projects/ronimo/awesomenauts-starstorm

What do you guys think? Extra 'nauts, more modes, general awesomeness. I think I'll probably pledge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2013 03:00 #32305 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Awesomenauts Starstorm

Wow, they're already almost 1/5 of the way to their goal.

More
20 Aug 2013 06:30 #32310 by Leonresevil2
Replied by Leonresevil2 on topic Awesomenauts Starstorm
I'm mixed. The game is good, I felt one of the stronger points was that you buy the game and you get ALL heroes. I'm not keen on that separation, as there is no way to unlock the heroes outside of the DLC. I could go either way on new maps. Global chat, meh, never seen it be helpful. SMNC had it but that community collapses because of too many modes to play.
Spectating is cool, I'm a bit concerned at the idea that it will be limited until a stretch goal is met, all the spectator modes I've seen for games have not had limits on viewers so it seems like a bait for a stretch goal.
Also reading the goals and tier info, it sounds like a fair amount of this stuff is done. The beta would start in October, the characters are already starting, and the first character would release in November. If anything, I think the base goal is underwhelming (125k for 3 characters and VO, 1 map, new features and 2 months pay, then 75k for a map and song?) and underestimated dates, which makes me think (since they developed this game and knew how hard it is to make this content) that most of it is prepped and NOT depending on kickstarter to complete.

I feel like most of the goal cost is JUST to get on PS4, and PS4 users get shorted by getting no keys, no chat, no spectating, and none of the stretch goals besides characters and maps. Alright, if we are paying for PS4 licensing and development, they should be clear about it. If characters will start appearing from DLC only, I'd like to know that too. $15 DLC for a $10 game, it's a bit odd.

I like the game, and I'll probably get the DLC later. I support the ideas, I'm just hoping they aren't mismanaging and using kickstarter as the new preorder system for things that are GUARANTEED to come out.

"In order to truly bring Awesomenauts to the next level, we would like to add features that require much more time and effort than we have currently allocated for it." That makes me wonder if they are developing something else, maybe a new game.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

We have 2260 guests and no members online

supportus