Games for windows live closing July 1st 2014

More
20 Aug 2013 03:17 #32306 by garfi3ld
I saw this one on reddit, microsoft edited the page but here is a copy of the original.

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2013 06:03 #32309 by Leonresevil2
I wonder if it's AoEO or all of Games for Windows. It kinda makes sense, they haven't pushed for PC gaming or connectivity with consoles, but I think it's a bad move. I liked the idea of compatibility between Windows Phone and PC games, and Microsoft could be a strong force as most games are developed for the OS. Microsoft could provide a strong platform to connect mobile gaming and PC gaming, and unless they are doing this to replace GFW with something better, I figure Android will dominate that market of mobile/tablet/PC platform.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
20 Aug 2013 17:08 #32318 by Lersar
www.egmnow.com/articles/news/microsoft-r...live-down-july-2014/

AoEO just seems to be the avenue the news got revealed, leaked, etc... I don't think there is an official statement from Microsoft, just the update from AoEO that reveals it.

More
20 Aug 2013 19:31 - 20 Aug 2013 19:32 #32325 by garfi3ld
yeah, this would also explain other games loosing games for windows live as well

news.softpedia.com/news/Batman-Arkham-Ga...-Report-367239.shtml

Wes
Last edit: 20 Aug 2013 19:32 by garfi3ld.

More
22 Aug 2013 18:45 #32422 by Myndmelt

garfi3ld wrote: yeah, this would also explain other games loosing games for windows live as well

news.softpedia.com/news/Batman-Arkham-Ga...-Report-367239.shtml

This would be great! But my question is, if its not a Steam game, lets say its a retail copy of a game that has GfWL, and they shut down the GfWL part... wouldn't they have to release a patch to remove the GfWL part or you can't play the game?

More
22 Aug 2013 22:23 #32431 by garfi3ld
If they are switching to steam the news may activate on steam. But if this really does happen there will no doubt be games that loose all multiplayer support because the devs have no interest in working to patch the games

Wes

We have 2169 guests and no members online

supportus