Console peasant stuff.

More
19 Aug 2014 18:54 #35403 by Deb0
Console peasant stuff. was created by Deb0
Sony has sold 10m PS4s and still are confused as to why lol.

Shuhei Yoshida: The 10m sell through in the first nine months is well beyond what we had hoped for. As you know, we have struggled to keep up with demand of PS4 for so many months. It was hard to find and purchase PS4. Now we are able to supply units so in every territory I believe you can find PS4. So we just managed to catch up with demand.

It's just beyond our imagination. We are so happy. But I for one am a bit nervous because we do not completely understand what's happening. You need to understand why your products are selling well so you can plan for the future, right? It defied the conventional thinking. Lots of people thought the dedicated game hardware might not be needed going forward, but still lots of people are very excited. When you see the new games coming out and being announced this E3 and Gamescom, I think there's a good enough reason for a gamer to believe this is something worth investing in.

www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-19-to...ery-of-10m-ps4-sales

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2014 16:49 #35435 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic Console peasant stuff.
While I do think the console itself plays a role (as well as blind fan-boyism), I think a large component of why consoles still sell as many as they do is because of what exclusive games they offer, and right now PS4 has a better ( or at the very least more interesting) list of exclusives.

More
20 Aug 2014 16:55 #35437 by Deb0
Replied by Deb0 on topic Console peasant stuff.
Microsoft's exclusive list has always been a bit dubious even in the days of the original XBox as most of the games "exclusive" to that system were also PC Windows releases or only temporary 3-6 month deals. Sony "exclusives" have always seemed to be more solid.
That being said I find it interesting that a multi-billion dollar company with all the metrics experts at their disposal admittedly has no idea why they are successful.

More
22 Aug 2014 21:50 #35484 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic Console peasant stuff.
Magic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davey_Boy

More
22 Aug 2014 22:21 #35485 by Deb0
Replied by Deb0 on topic Console peasant stuff.
That sounds like an Apple marketing campaign.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shroud

We have 1854 guests and no members online

supportus