Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition

More
28 Dec 2016 03:16 - 28 Dec 2016 03:19 #38282 by cytog64
I've discovered a game that is just too darn good not to share!

The developers call it a "Metroid-Vaina" platformer. While I spend most of my time playing FPS, RTS and RPGs, this one caught my attention during an Awesome Games Done Quick marathon. I purchased it 2 days ago and on start up managed to get sucked in so completely that 10.2 hours later (according to Steam) and two ripely blistered thumbs (xbox controller recommended) I was finally able to stop playing.

Every year I usually replay Super Metroid, that SNES 16bit hit from 1994. Ori and the Blind Forest, a hit from 2015 shows that the genre isn't dead but becomes even better 20+ years later.

You can feel and observe the passion of the artists that built this game. Bonus points for the obvious inspiration from Studio Ghibli (Princess Mononoke). If you want just more of the music...garethcoker.bandcamp.com/track/trailer-d...eat-aeralie-brighton

I hope you give it a try. (PS I see a few [OC] peeps with this on their wish list) If you do nothing else, at least watch one of the speed runs.

PS: the game has a death counter...i killed poor ori over 400+ times
Last edit: 28 Dec 2016 03:19 by cytog64.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2016 04:11 #38283 by garfi3ld
Reminds me of Trine in parts of that video, looks like a good game will have to check it out

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We have 1833 guests and no members online

supportus