Star Wars Blu-Ray box set

More
04 May 2011 20:27 #15457 by garfi3ld
I pre ordered mine months ago, can't wait :)

www.engadget.com/2011/05/04/star-wars-bl...rs-of-special-featu/

LucasFilm has chosen Star Wars Day (May The 4th) to finally reveal more information about the upcoming Star Wars Blu-ray releases, due to hit shelves September 16th. The three editions include The Complete Saga with all the movies included, or the original trilogy / prequels by themselves. When the counter hit zero the official website has dropped the curtain on... absolutely nothing since it's down, likely crashed by the refreshing of a billion fans around the world. Before it crashed completely we snagged the release dates (September 12th internationally, 16th in the US) and a list of special features (included after the break along with the Blu-ray announce trailer) that breaks down the commentaries on each disc plus several new documentaries. Currently the site is refreshing to the standard Fox page, the plan is apparently for a promotion where fans share the page on social media networks which unlocks additional artwork as more people continue to visit throughout the day. We'll let you know if R2-D2 can get the servers back up, until then we can all just imagine what the three new documentaries might be like.

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2011 20:41 #15458 by draymac
I am with you on this one baby! I love these movies and can't wait for the high-def goodness! We gotta plan a film festival and watch all of them at once, lol. I have always wanted to do that with the star wars films as well as the Lord of the Rings Extended Trilogy :-)

More
04 May 2011 20:59 #15462 by J_E_R_O_M_E
I was just going to post about this as well! I hope to pick up my own copies as well. Should be pretty sweet to watch. I agree we should get together and have a movie day to just watch them all.

"Where ever you go, there you are"

Battle.net: J_E_R_O_M_E
Steam: J_3_R_0_M_3

More
04 May 2011 21:12 #15465 by Davey_Boy
We need to do a marathon like this!! Get someone with really good internet to stream the movie and we can all watch and talk in vent :D

Then ppl can come and go as they please!!

More
04 May 2011 21:29 #15469 by garfi3ld
my house it open to this, we have the bigscrean also

Wes

More
04 May 2011 21:31 #15471 by Davey_Boy

garfi3ld wrote: my house it open to this, we have the bigscrean also

hmm...I smell I good time brewing B)

More
04 May 2011 22:55 #15479 by L0rdG1gabyt3
The US release date is my birthday, so I have already told my wife its the only thing I want, aside from a Blu-ray player to watch them and a better high def tv and a surround sound system. ;)

More
04 May 2011 23:52 #15485 by drpain
40 hours of extra content. Yep not going to see daylight for a week.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

More
05 May 2011 02:28 #15494 by garfi3ld

starkiller wrote:

garfi3ld wrote: my house it open to this, we have the bigscrean also

hmm...I smell I good time brewing B)

fo sho

Wes

More
05 May 2011 06:09 #15504 by Dreyvas

draymac wrote: I am with you on this one baby! I love these movies and can't wait for the high-def goodness! We gotta plan a film festival and watch all of them at once, lol. I have always wanted to do that with the star wars films as well as the Lord of the Rings Extended Trilogy :-)

That'd be quite the marathon. Return of the King extended is over four hours by itself. O_o

More
05 May 2011 06:36 #15509 by garfi3ld
i wouldnt be able to make it through the extended films

Wes

More
05 May 2011 17:41 #15515 by drpain
There's only 1 Return and thats Return of the Jedi.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas
The following user(s) said Thank You: L0rdG1gabyt3

More
05 May 2011 21:28 #15528 by J_E_R_O_M_E

drpain wrote: There's only 1 Return and thats Return of the Jedi.

Thank you Randal for clearing that up. LOL!! Great movies!!

"Where ever you go, there you are"

Battle.net: J_E_R_O_M_E
Steam: J_3_R_0_M_3

We have 1625 guests and no members online

supportus