We got our Qpads today

More
16 Dec 2009 00:07 - 16 Dec 2009 00:07 #1574 by Nacelle
What I got is the Qpad CT w/hybratek coating. I'm not sure what kind of giant these are made for. But holy crap they are BIG. I'm contemplating taking a razor and a straight edge and cutting them in half, they're that big. They seem to use a standard mousepad foam rubber on the bottom. But not quit as thick as your run of the mill one. The surface looks to be made from a cloth type material with a clear coating, to make it fairly smooth. It's not shiny and slick like my previous Fragmat. Which is a thin piece of plastic glued to rubber. Never-the-less, it still allows the mouse to slide around without much effort. I switched my mouse back and forth between the 2 and found that I preferred the feel of the Qpad over the Fragmat. But I'm not sure how it will hold up over time. I can see the coating wearing off and dirt getting ground in. On the other hand it's not prone to getting creases in it like the Fragmat is. Which is really annoying. Because every trip to a LAN party seems to add another one to it. While I think the Qpad is a fine pad. I'm just not head-over-heals in love with it. I think it's above average. And I'll use it until it's in shreads. It's just a not must-have item for gamers, in my opinion. I'm still in search of the perfect mousing surface.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2009 00:29 #1575 by jj_Sky5000
Qpad are awesome. I thought about switching as well

More
16 Dec 2009 01:35 #1576 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic RE: We got our Qpads today
im glad to hear you guys got yours. We were playing mw2 with the ceo tonight, he is a good guy.

Wes

More
16 Dec 2009 01:46 #1578 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic RE: We got our Qpads today
I was pretending I was a reviewer there.

We have 2059 guests and no members online

supportus