Case running too cool?

More
17 Apr 2012 20:08 #24656 by Ender
Case running too cool? was created by Ender
Ok...so I have run into a great question, given to me by an individual in my IT Department. I was talking about the temperatures in my case and how they are getting to be REALLY low and ran into the question, "Won't that begin to develop condensation in your case?" I thought about it for a while and did some research. It's an equation (which i have yet to find) between the air on the outside of my case reacting with the cold air of the inside of my case to create condensation through humidity. I just looked at my temperatures last night and was kind of proud of myself for getting my CPU temp to 6 degrees Celsius. I never thought I'd get that low in my temps before =P

Attached is a screenshot of my temperatures.

Now they may not be "too low", but I am adding 4 more fans to it tonight and i got kind of worried. 3 of them are 200mm megaflows from cm and 1 is a Xigmatek 140mm crystal. I mainly wanted them for the airflow and the red glow :lol: Anyways, my house stays at about 68 degrees at all time. Not sure if any of you have ever ran into this question or happen to have an answer. It would be nice to put my mind at ease ^.^

Thanks!
Ender
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2012 21:09 #24658 by THUMPer
Replied by THUMPer on topic Re: Case running too cool?
What program are you using to monitor those temps?

More
17 Apr 2012 21:25 #24660 by Brandonxcore
Just a warning, HWMonitor is never 100% accurate, but other than that, I don't think condensation would be a problem since your temps outside the housing are pretty low, if you get below freezing, I think I would be just a tad worried about condensation, btw, DAMN those are low temps, im jelly, what case are you using? xD

More
17 Apr 2012 22:08 #24661 by THUMPer
Replied by THUMPer on topic Re: Case running too cool?
Check cpu temps in BIOS, I bet they are higher. You should never go off those universal programs whether it be HW monitor or speed fan. Get the temp probe tool from your mobo maker (assuming EVGA has one) if you want something a little more accurate.

More
17 Apr 2012 22:17 #24662 by Ender
Replied by Ender on topic Re: Case running too cool?

Brandonxcore wrote: Just a warning, HWMonitor is never 100% accurate, but other than that, I don't think condensation would be a problem since your temps outside the housing are pretty low, if you get below freezing, I think I would be just a tad worried about condensation, btw, DAMN those are low temps, im jelly, what case are you using? xD

I'm using the HAF X Case. =)

More
17 Apr 2012 22:20 #24663 by Ender
Replied by Ender on topic Re: Case running too cool?

THUMPer wrote: Check cpu temps in BIOS, I bet they are higher. You should never go off those universal programs whether it be HW monitor or speed fan. Get the temp probe tool from your mobo maker (assuming EVGA has one) if you want something a little more accurate.

I'll take a look at the temps from the BIOS, but I used 4 different programs to look at the temps. I have used HWMonitor, ELEET (Which i believe pulls the temps straight from the BIOS), CoreTemp, and one other one that I can't think of off the top of my head.

More
17 Apr 2012 22:56 #24664 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Case running too cool?
You shouldn't have temps lower than ambient, if you are then your readings may be off. This happens a lot, motherboards sometimes have issues with temp readings. The software programs are all using the same readings from the motherboard, changing programs won't fix that issue. Although I prefer realtemp normally myself.

Wes

More
18 Apr 2012 00:12 #24665 by jj_Sky5000
if your not gaming in northern canada without heat or outside at nite you should be good.

More
18 Apr 2012 01:41 #24670 by Arxon
Replied by Arxon on topic Re: Case running too cool?
My cpu right now based off asus AI is 26C

We have 1756 guests and one member online

supportus