More
17 Jul 2012 22:36 - 24 Aug 2012 20:19 #26233 by Twodavez
Table Top Games to play and who's bringing them:
Games to Play - Who's bringing it
Munchkin - Dreyvas
Settles of Catan - ?
AD&D/Pathfinder - Arxon
Cards against Humanity - Oh4sh0

Please post up what games you know of, or would like to see and also which ones you can bring/run. If you're an amazing DM (Dungeon Master) then bring us some characters to play and we'll get a few hours of AD&D going...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain
Last edit: 24 Aug 2012 20:19 by Twodavez.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2012 22:37 #26234 by Twodavez
I'd like to play some Munchkin, although last time i played it we had like 7 people and it took forever to complete a game. If we could get a few sets brought, i'm sure we could get a few different groups going.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
17 Jul 2012 22:55 #26236 by Dreyvas
I will be bringing my copy of Munchkin for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davey_Boy

More
18 Jul 2012 23:25 #26269 by Slash_Fury
I'll check with Nark'e, we might be able to get some Settlers of Catan going, too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

More
19 Jul 2012 00:12 #26270 by Twodavez
Is anyone familiar with the Pathfinder system of gaming? It's a D&D spin off...
We played a game called Commoners, that i think they made up, at Forge LAN that was really fun that i think we could play if we had a DM. I could try, but it's been a LOOOOOOONG time!

Basically you're a commoner in a town (baker, theif, bum, blacksmith, juggler) and you have to defend it against some incoming enemy. You only have 4 or 5 HP, so after you die, you get a new commoner to use. This process continues until all the enemies or commoners are dead. It's actually more fun than it sounds.

More
19 Jul 2012 03:51 #26273 by Arxon
I could DM this and help the noobs who don't know how to play.

More
19 Jul 2012 05:16 #26275 by Davey_Boy
I'm not normally a tabletop gamer...but I watched a video on munchkins and I really wanna play now haha :P

More
19 Jul 2012 06:05 #26284 by Rhythmatic
This isn't specifically a tabletop game, but this past weekend I played a card game called The Resistance, which is a Mafia/Werewolf-based game that is absurdly fun and fast-paced. I could try and hunt down the cards (they're like $20 for the pack with Expansion cards) and bring it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mc_disease

More
19 Jul 2012 06:13 #26286 by Dreyvas

Rhythmatic wrote: This isn't specifically a tabletop game, but this past weekend I played a card game called The Resistance, which is a Mafia/Werewolf-based game that is absurdly fun and fast-paced. I could try and hunt down the cards (they're like $20 for the pack with Expansion cards) and bring it.

+1

More
19 Jul 2012 16:37 #26294 by Twodavez

Rhythmatic wrote: This isn't specifically a tabletop game, but this past weekend I played a card game called The Resistance, which is a Mafia/Werewolf-based game that is absurdly fun and fast-paced. I could try and hunt down the cards (they're like $20 for the pack with Expansion cards) and bring it.

If you think it's a game that people can pick up on the fly and you have enough cards to share, i'll add it to the list. I know most of the card games now try to change up how we're used to playing the old school games such as Magic the Gathering and are a little hard to learn initially... Munchkin can get that way, but it's worth the pain of learning it. It's just soo random!

More
21 Jul 2012 11:07 - 21 Jul 2012 11:09 #26350 by mc_disease
As one of the people that played The Resistance with Rhyth, it is a lot of fun, and really easy to just pick up and play, and then drop out whenever.

As far as any D20 based gaming goes, whatever we decide to play, the campaigns have to be designed to be completed quickly. Within a few hours would be ideal. I mean, unless you want to play table-top all weekend and forego PC gaming altogether. I once played a short and sweet zombie apocalypse scenario based on the Call of Cthulu D20 game. It was a lot of fun, and everyone died. That's a suggestion, but I'm not even a great player, let alone DM or GM, so someone would have to design the campaign. Sound good to anyone else?
Last edit: 21 Jul 2012 11:09 by mc_disease.

More
02 Aug 2012 08:18 #26778 by Arxon
boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/72125/eclipse

I might be able to talk my friend into letting me borrow this. Awesome game!

More
03 Aug 2012 19:31 #26791 by Slash_Fury
Sadly, my attempts to bring Settlers of Catan have been shot down, but I am more than down for some Munchkin and wouldn't mind trying out Commoner!

More
03 Aug 2012 22:05 #26797 by Satansoul
I would play settlers with you slash and so would my son

More
03 Aug 2012 23:10 #26804 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic LAN OC V11 Table Top Gaming

Satansoul wrote: I would play settlers with you slash and so would my son

I believe he is saying that he is unable to bring the game, not that nobody would play it.

More
04 Aug 2012 02:10 #26812 by Satansoul
Wow. I thought it read that no one wanted to play. My old mind is getting older.

More
04 Aug 2012 03:33 #26813 by Dreyvas
I'd also be interested in Settlers, but sadly, I don't own it either.

More
04 Aug 2012 20:40 #26817 by Arxon
Replied by Arxon on topic LAN OC V11 Table Top Gaming
I know someone who does gonna talk to him to see if I can borrow his.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

More
10 Aug 2012 16:38 - 10 Aug 2012 16:41 #26981 by Twodavez
Any word on new games? i've been trying to get ahold of the person from Forge LAN who did Commoners, but their forums are completely dead and i doubt anyone's even seen that i posted out there :-(
I'll try to get with J0000000000 and contact them personally.

Arxon, are you still interested in running the pathfinder or really any D20 systems to run Commoner off of. It was pretty simple since we're not dealing with half-elfs with magical items. There is only so much you can roll on when fighting a baker, fletcher, or town drunk!
If i can't get all the character sheets, do you have a quick campaign you could run for us.
Here's a cheat sheet on Character Creation: www.pathguy.com/cg35.htm
Just need to know starting level and we can have guys up and running. I have all the books via digital copy if anyone wants to load them onto their tablet/laptop for quick reference in the game!

Last edit: 10 Aug 2012 16:41 by Twodavez.

More
17 Aug 2012 04:05 #27229 by Twodavez
Bump. With the late night poker, the table top gaming might be out, but i'd like to play a game of Munchkin for sure at some point!
not sure about the D20 game, we'd need a starting point to pre-create characters as that usually takes alot of time to do...

More
17 Aug 2012 04:19 #27231 by Oh4sh0
Replied by Oh4sh0 on topic LAN OC V11 Table Top Gaming
I would bring Cards against Humanity, but I feel like that's not quite the style of game most people are after here.

More
17 Aug 2012 05:27 #27236 by Dreyvas

Oh4sh0 wrote: I would bring Cards against Humanity, but I feel like that's not quite the style of game most people are after here.

No, absolutely bring it. It sounds amazing!

More
24 Aug 2012 20:20 #27498 by Twodavez
So we've got one set of a few games to play. Looking forward to munchkin, it's always been a blast everytime i've played it, even though i never ever get close to winning!

We have 2216 guests and no members online

supportus