Health

More
21 Aug 2012 02:45 #27359 by Wingless92
Health was created by Wingless92
So as many of you know, i'm a pretty big dude. 6'4, 290. Well, that's a problem. I have really let me health slide. And you know what? FUCK THAT. I'm done with it. Eating late, tons of Monster. I'm through with it. I really let myself slide over the last couple of years.

So 3 weeks ago I started walking/running 5 miles a day. As of today, I have ran/walked more than 80 miles!

With some help of my friend that I did the write up on the stock trading PC I am going to get down to a size 38 and my goal is a 36. I'm already at a 40 but I want to really slim down.

So, if you see me spamming my twitter account about fitness that's what it's for.

Sorry Cory, no more pounding Monsters.

Biggest tip that Matt gave me was Diet Mountain Dew. Drink that or diet soda, that's it. If it's not diet, don't drink it.

Now I just gotta figure out WTF i'm going to do with 50 cans of Monster, lol.

You are probably wondering why i'm doing this and it's for a trip that I am taking next week to Cedar Point with my family. I wasn't able to fit on the Millenium Force last year cause the seat belt wasn't long enough. I have rode it in the past but all of the bullshit I was eating really took over me. That might be a stupid motivation but that's what did it for me.

I can say that I have been feeling better day by day and I have a massive amount of more energy.

If anyone else is thinking about doing the same thing, let me know. We can work together to meet our goals.

Stay healthy everyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2012 03:09 #27360 by Sideout
Replied by Sideout on topic Health
Gratz on your weight loss!!! Here are some tips:

1. Red meat = bad change to pork / turkey
2. Protien - get alot of it.
3. Sugars - cut them out
4. Change from diet soda to no soda and drink Powerade Zero.
5. Reduce your portions to 8oz a meal.

At 6'4" and 290 your BMI is 35 which is obese. A healthy BMI is 24 or less. For you that is about 205.

I have dropped 63lbs and feel way better.

I am the LAN!!!!

More
21 Aug 2012 03:19 - 21 Aug 2012 03:19 #27361 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Health
Thanks for the tips!

On a side note the BMI is a load of shit. I know this cause Matt and his wife are both models. He does Abercrombie and she was on America's Next Top Model and there BMI is no where close to the BMI rating.

Regardless, thanks for the tips. I will not give up soda. Diet Mountain Dew has no calories and no sugar plus, it tastes good to me.

As for meat, i'll still eat T-bones and filet's. I am a huge fan of potatoes, i'll just cut back on the butter substitute that I use.
Last edit: 21 Aug 2012 03:19 by Wingless92.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L0rdG1gabyt3, Myndmelt

More
21 Aug 2012 03:19 - 21 Aug 2012 03:20 #27362 by L0rdG1gabyt3
Replied by L0rdG1gabyt3 on topic Health
I went from 260 to 179 by only switching to diet soda. Guys tend to hold to the sugar more than women.

As far as the rest of the diet.... heck with that! :D

At 6'1" and a weight of 179 puts my BMI at 23.6! Hooray!

Good luck on the diet Wingless!
Last edit: 21 Aug 2012 03:20 by L0rdG1gabyt3.

More
21 Aug 2012 03:31 #27364 by Sideout
Replied by Sideout on topic Health
Studies show that even diet soda will stimulate your need for sweets so the more you can reduce your intake of that , the easier it will be to reduce your cravings.

Plus you have the other health factors such as high blood pressure / diabetes / and syrosis of the liver that are affected by BMI.

did you know the first organ in your body to stress when you are overweight is your liver? That will start the chain reaction that will lead to other risk factors.

But everyone has to find their own way to a healther , better self and if it works for you then great , stick with it.

I am the LAN!!!!

More
21 Aug 2012 04:10 #27366 by lonewolf170
Replied by lonewolf170 on topic Health

Sideout wrote: Gratz on your weight loss!!! Here are some tips:

1. Red meat = bad change to pork / turkey

Really should drop pork as well and only eat lean meats. Those are chicken, turkey, and fish. If you are still eating read meats stick with the lean ones so like filets.

BMI has it's niche. It doesn't really work on body builders but for the regular person it is fine.

More
21 Aug 2012 04:58 #27372 by cytog64
Replied by cytog64 on topic Health
Good luck sir.

Someone asked me why I do the triathlons and half marathons...

"A person will only change when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of changing"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

More
21 Aug 2012 05:11 - 21 Aug 2012 05:11 #27373 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic Health
My BMI is currently 59........... I'm just trying to see if you go so far that the number starts over again!

On a more serious note, I really have to get back to the gym and stop eating all this crap food my wife and I love. Why does the crap have to be the easiest, yummiest, and most available?

But yes, I have to do this. This thread is a little inspirational I must say. I think my wife and I are going to the gym tomorrow and may try to hit up the pool there 1-2 times week.

But come lan time, Pizza and Monster will be ON like Donkey Kong.
Last edit: 21 Aug 2012 05:11 by Myndmelt.

More
21 Aug 2012 05:24 #27377 by Cyphis
Replied by Cyphis on topic Health
Yeah, as a big guy myself and with a series of recent health issues, I can attest that we, as big people, should loose the spare tire and what not. Not easy to do, but kudos to you for doing it. I need to follow suit. It's tough at times, but stick in there and show us how its done!!

More
21 Aug 2012 05:24 #27378 by Arxon
Replied by Arxon on topic Health
When I can't look down and see my ding dong i know I am way over weight. But I still can so I am good.

More
21 Aug 2012 18:08 #27392 by drpain
Replied by drpain on topic Health
I'm 5'11 and was 260 2 years ago and eventually just by dieting I got that down to 230 last year and now with dieting and exercising I'm down to 175 going from a size XXL shirt/40 waist to a Medium shirt/32 waist now. Still have some chub around the lower abdomen but that is the last place it will always go.

You can see hit the Monsters but just need the 0 calorie ones or Diet soda which actually has come quite a ways now in taste compared to a few years ago which tasted like crap.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

More
21 Aug 2012 19:14 #27397 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Health
Woke up this morning feeling better than I ever have before! Had a small dinner last night and then nothing till breakfast. That was always a problem for me. Late night snacks, no more though. Had a piece of toast with and some fruit for my first meal. It's really not that hard. For lunch I'm going to either Taco Bell or Arbys. Just need to cut down on the portions.

Thanks for all of the comments guys.

Like I said before, if anyone else wants to hop on the health train let me know. I would be more than happy to help you along.

More
21 Aug 2012 19:37 - 21 Aug 2012 19:42 #27398 by drpain
Yeah it's really all about portion control and when it's time to call it quits on the eating. Don't turn into the insane guy that can't eat anything calorie wise outside of toothpaste because you will start hating life because you can't go eat anywhere.

I still enjoy my beer, wings, Chinese food, Mexican food and the likes but I just need to control the portion size or do an extra hour or so at the gym.

Also don't get in a habit of constantly weighing yourself and obsessing over the results since the body fluctuates so bad day to day. There are some days I'm up 3lbs then in two days I'm down like 5lbs haha.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Last edit: 21 Aug 2012 19:42 by drpain.

More
21 Aug 2012 20:14 #27400 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Health
I read this in a book recently:
"...A disciplined world-class athlete named Dave Scott, who won the Hawaii Ironman Triathlon six times. Even though he had a training schedule that would burn at least 5,000 calories per day he would still rinse his cottage cheese to get the extra fat off." Good to Great - James Collins

While you do'nt have to do to this extreme obviously, depending on your goals for the plan, sometimes they are won in the little things. Like that extra dollop of sour cream or few bites of cake...

Good job on the health kick, i did one back in January with some people from work, just mainly watched what i was eating (did weight watcher points via an app on my phone) lost about 15 lbs in 3 months and have kept it off, still looking to loose another 50 at lest to get down to my high school weight, which was still overweight, but better than where i'm sitting now.

I saw this on another site and thought if we were going to get something going, why not make a game out of it, we're all gamers anyway...

fitocracy.com

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
21 Aug 2012 20:34 #27402 by lonewolf170
Replied by lonewolf170 on topic Health

Twodavez wrote:
I saw this on another site and thought if we were going to get something going, why not make a game out of it, we're all gamers anyway...

fitocracy.com

I have an account on there. It's pretty sweet to level up. I just get tired of logging workouts, why I never got into it. Cardio is easy to log; weights... not so much.

More
21 Aug 2012 20:40 #27403 by drpain

lonewolf170 wrote:

Twodavez wrote:

fitocracy.com

I have an account on there. It's pretty sweet to level up. I just get tired of logging workouts, why I never got into it. Cardio is easy to log; weights... not so much.

Yeah I ended up buying a Fitbit that keeps track about as good as any other device out there on your steps, activity points and calories burned and log all that on Earndit.com to get discounts for things as well as Gympact which earns you money for people that don't go to the gym but of course if you don't go then it debits your account. Kind of a little incentive to keep you going.

We have 2712 guests and no members online

supportus