LAN OC Fantasy Football

More
21 Aug 2012 16:58 #27389 by Twodavez
Would anyone be interested in playing in a casual fantasy football league with others from the LAN OC community. If needed we could make it a little interesting and charge $5 per person with winner take all prize at the end.

If we did do it, who would be interested and where would you prefer the league to be done through (Yahoo, ESPN, NFL.com and i'm sure there are others)? I'm used to the Yahoo or ESPN, but don't care either way as long as they have a good App for android that i can add, drop, and rearrange my team from my phone, and also keep up with the game while watching!

Lets try to get this figured out by the LAN so we can collect money at that time.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2012 17:53 - 21 Aug 2012 17:54 #27390 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic LAN OC Fantasy Football
I thought about doing one of these this year. But I'm not completely sure how all of that works. Definitely not something I'd spend money on. Plus do you really have to watch and keep up on ALL of those games, that's kinda crazy. If you don't know that someone is injured and you put them in your line up you are screwed, sorta??? I don't know... have you done these in the past? If so how much time in a week were you spending managing your FF team?
Last edit: 21 Aug 2012 17:54 by Myndmelt.

More
21 Aug 2012 18:03 #27391 by drpain
Replied by drpain on topic LAN OC Fantasy Football
I'm already in 3 leagues right now through Yahoo. No money or anything because we aren't that hardcore and I have done those leagues before and it just takes the fun out of it for me at least.

Don't need to watch all the games, just keep track of your players that are starting and I know with ESPN and Yahoo they will notify you if a player isn't going to be playing. Injured players don't matter since you can either bench them or drop them for some else if rules permit you to do so which most leagues do enforce because you can't be stuck with a bunch of players that just not fun or fair.

I set my teams up on Tuesday to get them ready for Sunday and Monday and once it gets closer to the middle of the season (Thanksgiving) you have Thursday games and eventually Saturday games during the playoffs.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

More
21 Aug 2012 18:20 #27393 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic LAN OC Fantasy Football
I'd be ok doing it for kicks and giggles and not put money into it. I just enjoy having reasons to watch and cheer for teams that aren't my normal team. It adds some enjoyment plus when the QB against your fav team scores a Touchdown, it hurts personally, but when it helps the fantasy team it's fun!

I'm interested in using whoever has the easiest App for my phone to play with my team. they aren't hard to set up, i'd be willing to do it, just need everyon's email address to send invites to. I'll have to research when the Draft will be, although i usually just allow it to auto draft, then people can trade or pick up free agents accordingly to build their team as the season progresses.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
21 Aug 2012 18:22 #27395 by drpain
Well I'm down and ready. Yahoo has a good app for iOS devices and I do most of my decision making and trading on there but not sure how their Android App is.

Hell we could even do an all QB league haha.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

More
21 Aug 2012 19:54 #27399 by evildoer
Replied by evildoer on topic LAN OC Fantasy Football
in

My long time work league dissolved this year :(

More
21 Aug 2012 20:31 #27401 by Twodavez

evildoer wrote: in

I'll do a little reasearch tonight, but do you car about which site we go the league through? I think i'm used to the ESPN one, but i'm sure they are all pretty similiar...

More
21 Aug 2012 20:52 #27404 by evildoer
Replied by evildoer on topic LAN OC Fantasy Football

Twodavez wrote:

evildoer wrote: in

I'll do a little reasearch tonight, but do you car about which site we go the league through? I think i'm used to the ESPN one, but i'm sure they are all pretty similiar...

Nope, I think ESPN is probably the standard right now.

I've used CBS Sportsline, Swirve (old) and Yahoo in the past as well all were OK.

Only thing I like are the default rule sets. I like feeling pain when I have to drop a productive wideout to pick up running back scraps because I have an injury or a bye.

More
28 Aug 2012 17:15 - 28 Aug 2012 17:21 #27579 by Twodavez
Based upon what i've used in the past and the other league i'm a part of, we're going to go with a Yahoo league. If you don't have a Yahoo account, please get signed up for one. Please sent me your email address (doesn't have to be a @yahoo.com) and i'll get the invites out. I'll also be making announcements at the LAN this weekend and we'll have the draft after the LAN. I'll figure out more details tonight when i get home.
Here's teh App if you wanna get it preloaded:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co...antasyfootball&hl=en

My email is twodavez at gmail.com

Please come by my spot at the LAN and lets discuss if you'd like to have certian rules for the league, otherwise i'll just set it up using the normal settings via Yahoo.

We'll need at least 10 people to be in the league. It's a free league, but if anyone would like to pledge a bawls or something to the winner, it could make the games a little more fun, especially if you can cash in at the next LAN.

Last edit: 28 Aug 2012 17:21 by Twodavez.

More
28 Aug 2012 22:49 #27593 by drpain
Sent a PM. If we are close to the deadline and don't have 10 people let me know. I've got buddies, co-workers and cousins who live and breath fantasy football haha

More
28 Aug 2012 22:54 #27595 by Twodavez

drpain wrote: Sent a PM. If we are close to the deadline and don't have 10 people let me know. I've got buddies, co-workers and cousins who live and breath fantasy football haha

Not sure we want any ringers! i'm assuming we'll do an auto draft as holding an actual event doesn't work well with everyone spread out between indiana and ohio, and i don't really want to spend hours at the LAN picking my team, person by person.

The way it's worked in the past, the draw order is random, you're able to say, which players you'd prefer and if they're available, you get them, otherwise you pick which positions you'd prefer to be picked first and it gives you the highest ranked player available in each topic. With all the players and injuries that happen throughout the year, things even out pretty well and trades/picking up free agents is a persons chance to shine as the team owner!

More
28 Aug 2012 22:58 #27596 by drpain
Well you can still set your roster to auto draft but I enjoy picking the players but since your the Commish its your call haha. Either way I'm ready for league number 5 I think now haha.

More
28 Aug 2012 23:09 #27597 by Twodavez

drpain wrote: Well you can still set your roster to auto draft but I enjoy picking the players but since your the Commish its your call haha. Either way I'm ready for league number 5 I think now haha.

I just didn't know how it worked everyone taking turns picking people, i figured that's 120 picks for 10 people to pick a team of 12 right? sounds time consuming and this being pretty last minute, not sure it could happen...

Maybe we'll be a little better prepared next year and could do this prior to or after the LAN.
you can still pick your top players you'd like, you just might not get them, but that's the same with a normal draft too...

More
28 Aug 2012 23:25 #27599 by drpain
Check your email, sent some screens of what most of the leagues I play in go by settings wise. We can tool it down to 8 as well if you don't get 10.

Default you will have 16 spots including bench (10 starting spots) so it does add up time wise especially in the bigger leagues when the pickings are so small towards the end.

If we can't get it together its no biggie.

More
30 Aug 2012 05:41 #27681 by Twodavez
If you want in, here's the link. First 10 people to get in, is the league.

football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/regi...29&password=lanparty

More
04 Sep 2012 01:48 #27798 by Twodavez
Only two people in the league. it's not going to be much of a match up if this stays true. please sign up ASAP if you wanna be a part, otherwise we'll have to cancel the league due to lack of participation...
football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/regi...rd=lanparty&.scrumb=

We have 1990 guests and one member online

supportus