CNET Founder's Bankrupcy

More
01 Jun 2013 05:50 #31219 by Wingcmdr77
Sad to see this happen to its founder! Im on their mailing list and have been getting their tech e-mails for years. Their reviews by Lee Koo are wonderful.

Glad this wont affect their operations as its not connected to them because of it's sale 5 years ago.

www.dailyfinance.com/2013/05/31/cnet-fou...-bankrupt-chapter-7/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2013 08:35 #31221 by draymac
Let this be a lesson to you kids out there...if only he would have waited for one of steam's big mega sales, maybe he wouldn't have gone bankrupt paying full price for his favorite titles. :o:evil::huh:

Forum browsing while drinking...a deadly combo!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

More
01 Jun 2013 10:03 #31222 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic CNET Founder's Bankrupcy

Wingcmdr77 wrote: Sad to see this happen to its founder! Im on their mailing list and have been getting their tech e-mails for years. Their reviews by Lee Koo are wonderful.

Glad this wont affect their operations as its not connected to them because of it's sale 5 years ago.

I wish it did affect their operations. CNET is a giant steaming pile of shitty malware nowadays.

More
01 Jun 2013 13:30 #31223 by Wingcmdr77
Replied by Wingcmdr77 on topic CNET Founder's Bankrupcy

Dreyvas wrote:

Wingcmdr77 wrote: Sad to see this happen to its founder! Im on their mailing list and have been getting their tech e-mails for years. Their reviews by Lee Koo are wonderful.

I wish it did affect their operations. CNET is a giant steaming pile of shitty malware nowadays.

I havent downloaded anything in a few months from them, even so I've never had any issues? So I'm perplexed as to what problems you've had, isolated incidents?

More
01 Jun 2013 14:07 #31224 by garfi3ld

More
01 Jun 2013 17:54 #31225 by Wingcmdr77
Interesting view from both of you. Whilst you have your opinions, I value CNETs Information.

If they and or the former founder were found guilty of a major crime, then I'd say to heck with them and unsubscribe or block them.

Only meant this post to be one of interest to whom might like it. :(

More
01 Jun 2013 19:04 - 01 Jun 2013 19:08 #31232 by L0rdG1gabyt3

garfi3ld wrote: www.theverge.com/2013/1/31/3937476/cnet-...ontroversy-dvr-named

Yep... after this happened, I don't think I could trust any "unbiased" review or news from Cnet.

And now that CBS just picked up the last 50% share of TVGuide Online.... Does that mean they wont post listings or information for shows on different channels? :evil: It is a "conflict of interest".

Oh, and another edit to be back on topic....
That is why you hire an accountant or money manager. If a person cannot manage $20, they certainly cannot manage $200 million!
Last edit: 01 Jun 2013 19:08 by L0rdG1gabyt3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wingcmdr77

More
01 Jun 2013 19:14 #31234 by Wingcmdr77

L0rdG1gabyt3 wrote:

garfi3ld wrote: www.theverge.com/2013/1/31/3937476/cnet-...ontroversy-dvr-named

Yep... after this happened, I don't think I could trust any "unbiased" review or news from Cnet.

And now that CBS just picked up the last 50% share of TVGuide Online.... Does that mean they wont post listings or information for shows on different channels? :evil: It is a "conflict of interest".

Oh, and another edit to be back on topic....
That is why you hire an accountant or money manager. If a person cannot manage $20, they certainly cannot manage $200 million!

Well if he's that bad he deserves what he got. I still enjoy reading CNET.

Never even cared for TVGUIDE. Ya it had content other than show listings. I always used the computer for that or newspapers back in the day before online was there.

And your right that is a conflict of interest. Unbiased my arse; that is sad! Silly mega-corporations, The more they overthink the plumbing (how bad they run themselves), the easier it is to stop up the drain.

More
01 Jun 2013 20:41 #31237 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic CNET Founder's Bankrupcy

Wingcmdr77 wrote:

Dreyvas wrote:

I havent downloaded anything in a few months from them, even so I've never had any issues? So I'm perplexed as to what problems you've had, isolated incidents?

I do corporate incident response, we get alerts from people downloading spyware/adware from them. Terrible site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonresevil2

We have 1723 guests and one member online

supportus