Please read and consider helping a fellow gamer

More
09 Jun 2014 23:15 #34977 by garfi3ld
Some of you who have come out to our events for a long time might remember some of our older staff. Today I heard about a hardship that Chris our old console staff member(from back when we used to have a lot more console gaming) has been dealing with. Chris hasn't been a part of the community for a long time due to that falling out and our change in focus to the PC side of things but I still really wanted to share this with everyone to help him and his family. Hopefully with a little help we can help them through this.

Here is a link to the funding page as well as the story on what is going on posted by their daughter.

www.gofundme.com/a42q2o

"On May 19, 2014, My mother Bridgette Channell went to the Van Wert Emergency room, From there they found her White count up over 9000. She was then Transferred to the OSU Hospital in Columbus.. Within 24 hours of being admitted it was confirmed that she had Acute Myloid Leukemia (AML), the plan was to start her on Chemo and keep her in the hospital for 4-6 weeks. On the 4th day, She was admitted to the ICU and put on a ventilator and a Medicated Coma. Each time she starts to get a bit better giving Us hope that she will come off the sedation and ventilator, Something Else goes wrong.

My Mother is still on the Venitalor 3 weeks later, she has a Dialysis port and her Body is rejecting the platelets they are giving her. Each Day she is there Chris has been sitting by her side on every visitation keeping Vigil, He hasnt worked in weeks, and the Hospital got him a room but only for a week. We are asking to Raise the money, as to ensure that he has a place to sleep every night in a bed, instead of a chair in the Hospital Atrium, This isnt easy on him or the rest of us Family Members, Most of us are hours away, and if it wasnt For Chris and the Doctors keeping in touch we wouldnt know what was going on...

Kindly Please Help us not just with your Prayers, but also Donations, the Money will go to make sure Chris keeps up his strength with plenty to eat and Sleep, also pay for gas and the parking Garage since they are changing their prices and wont be allowing the discounts starting July first. Thank you for taking the time to read our Story, and Thank you in advance for your help"

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2014 05:27 #34984 by Wooderson
I'm up for helping out anyone in the LanOC community new or old for a good cause. I made a small donation and shared it on my Facebook. I hope other forums users will donate to this cause. After all whats a dollar or two going to hurt? Glad you posted this Wes.

I kill CPU's
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld, Lersar

More
10 Jun 2014 10:47 #34986 by Arxon
I will be donating. Been through this with my grandmother. Will also be sharing on my page.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld, Lersar

More
11 Jun 2014 16:41 #34993 by Lersar
Thanks everyone for your considerations. Chris posted that his wife Bridgette passed away last night. If you know Chris and his family, I'm sure they would appreciate your condolences. We're keeping them in our thoughts.

We have 1703 guests and one member online

supportus