Water Cooled Gaming Rig

More
07 Apr 2013 04:31 - 22 Apr 2013 05:21 #30300 by Masterfry
--EDIT: New price firm at $980, I need to jump start on this ITX build ASAP ;)----
I was thinking about upgrading my GPU but I was thinking about my LAN party experience and made up my mind. I want to build a mini ITX system so I'm selling my current rig now so I can start a new build. I'm planing to start a new build and I'm trying to sell my build I just finished a few months ago so that I can get a start on my new build. All the parts have original boxes, paper work, and warranty information. Here is the craigslist add I have up for it guys feel free to check it out and message me offers!

columbus.craigslist.org/sys/3724050596.html

980 is a great deal I feel and hopefully it find a nice home!

Steam SirFry
Last edit: 22 Apr 2013 05:21 by Masterfry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2013 04:52 - 07 Apr 2013 04:55 #30301 by Masterfry
Replied by Masterfry on topic Water Cooled Gaming Rig
Here's just a little picture of my initials thoughts and plans for my new build. I already have that case and a motherboard on the way for my build.

Steam SirFry
Last edit: 07 Apr 2013 04:55 by Masterfry.

More
07 Apr 2013 07:12 #30303 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Water Cooled Gaming Rig
i like it, Adam is using the same case as well

Wes

More
07 Apr 2013 09:06 #30304 by Masterfry
It seems to be decently spacious considering the lack of real estate in a mini ITX case. I'm excited for this new project and I can't wait to see if a water loop will fit inside it haha

Steam SirFry

More
07 Apr 2013 10:11 #30305 by Arxon
Replied by Arxon on topic Water Cooled Gaming Rig
If you use an external cd drive that should help with the loop and space.

More
07 Apr 2013 10:20 #30306 by garfi3ld
I don't see one, that is where his res in that bay.

If it was me, I would go with a pump/bock combo and a radiator/res combo then remove the hard drive and 5.25 cage's to open the case up to get it looking great and leave room for good wire management.

Wes

More
07 Apr 2013 11:44 #30307 by Masterfry

Arxon wrote: If you use an external cd drive that should help with the loop and space.

My exact thoughts Arxon, I figured doing that and using a front bay rez/pump combo should make the choir of getting a loop in that case much easier and maybe even give me the opportunity to try for the GPU. Maybe not a full cover water block but at least one of those EK universal blocks or something smaller for sure. Now in terms of what Garfi3ld's idea.. that is an interesting way of looking at it and you defiantly opened my mind to new ideas with that statement. I'm going with a fully modular XFX PSU and I plan on having all cables braided [hopefully, like I said I want this for the next LAN.. ;) mod conest maybe ;)], but all cables braided by me so I can have exact lengths on connectors in the case!

Steam SirFry

More
08 Apr 2013 02:47 #30311 by Masterfry
I think i'm going to go with this Lan Li Q80B case instead because it seems to be a better case for what I need to do.

i.imgur.com/8PI5siO.jpg

Steam SirFry

More
08 Apr 2013 03:07 #30312 by garfi3ld
it looks good!

Only one note from me :D

You should have the input for your pump coming from your reservoir

also on second glance, your ssd and hdd will go in the bottom section of the hard drive cage. The larger middle section looks to be the removable section.

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Masterfry

More
08 Apr 2013 05:25 - 08 Apr 2013 05:34 #30313 by Masterfry
Yeah I was thinking about that because you can't let the pump run dry but at the same time I want the least amount of tube possible so idk. I'll probably end up doing what you suggested but not sure yet. As far as the hard drive cages go, the bottom has to come out because of where the motherboard sits and the slots are on the case(I think that's what you meant. The red square around the drives I drew is the hard drive cage I want. My plan was to remove both hard drive cages and then take the small bottom one and mod it so I can use it at the top, thus giving me the most space yet still allowing me to store the two drives I have for it. At least that's the plan, hopefully it works out ;) oh and sorry about using paint, I'm not very skilled with Photoshop haha. Thanks for the advice on the loop because I probably would have forgotten and ruined the pump by starting it dry.

Another view of that case insides

Maybe you have some ideas but I can't really think of anything yet, but I really want a window to show of the loop inside. I know how to make one and all that jazz but i'm not really sure where I should put it to show off the guts. It seems no matter what side you look at it from there is something in the way lol

Steam SirFry
Last edit: 08 Apr 2013 05:34 by Masterfry.

More
08 Apr 2013 07:11 #30317 by garfi3ld
yeah I see what you are saying, I was looking at the thumbscrew and got a little mixed up. Its funny because I actually have the same case :P

There really isn't any room at all for a window unless you figure out a different way to go on the power supply.

You might be able to put a small window in the top with an idea I have but I need to draw it out to make sure it will fit.

Wes

More
08 Apr 2013 07:21 #30318 by garfi3ld
assuming your 7970 is the normal length and the power plugs face up not out the end of the card you should be able to fit a radiator on the front case fan.

11.81 inches of clearance
-10.5 inches of video card
= 1.31 inches of room

That would make your tubing even shorter

res-pump-videocard-radiator-backtores or
res-pump-radiator-videocard-backtores (cooler vga temps hotter cpu temps)

Then you could put a small window in the top facing in

Wes

More
08 Apr 2013 07:29 #30320 by garfi3ld
Also this post is slightly motivating me to water cool Lunchbox 2. I'm planning on another small factor build similar to the Fridge but I may water cool what I have now to hold me off atleast.

Wes

More
08 Apr 2013 07:37 #30321 by Masterfry
Oh yeah I didn't really think about that.. that seems to be about my only option if I want a window looking in on all the hardware and water loop. If I just put the radiator in the front it looks like (with the shorter hard drive bay mounted on top) I won't be able to have a fan on the radiator. To be honest I'm not supper concerned with that honestly because If I'm not overclocking I don't think a fanless radiator will hurt anything at all. Without fans it seems I could fit that radiator in the front and have my window on top and that will be awesome! I'm planning on buying the XFX 7970 double D one so I should be ok on space. Thanks for the tip man i'll probably be going this route. If I have to have a fan on the radiator and no hard drive cages then I can just Velcro the SSD and HDD under the video card on the floor of the system I'm sure, there should be room considering the GPU will be on a water block. Thanks again! I'll make sure I do a build log thread once I start this, I plan on starting and having it finished before the next LAN party in September.

Steam SirFry

More
08 Apr 2013 07:43 #30322 by garfi3ld
I would go with an ssd and a laptop hard drive, they will fit on the bottom

Wes

More
22 Apr 2013 05:22 #30449 by Masterfry
Just did an edit to the thread letting you know i'm now asking 980! Thanks guys, hope all is well with everyone!

Steam SirFry

We have 1904 guests and no members online

supportus