Sponsor - HarperCollins

More
12 Aug 2010 00:05 - 12 Aug 2010 01:37 #8011 by garfi3ld
I know this is a new one, but I was approched by HarperCollins to sponsor our lan. They are promoting the book Executive Intent from the Author Dale Brown. They think that Dale's war writings would be a great match for you guys.

File Attachment:

Click the image and take a look at the book. We will be giving away a copy of his last book Rogue Forces to each person at the LAN along with half of our attendees getting a hard back copy of his newest book! In total, around 1500 bucks in books. I am excited to see what everyone thinks of them

Wes
Last edit: 12 Aug 2010 01:37 by garfi3ld.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Koolaid84

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2010 00:12 #8013 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re: Sponsor - HarperCollins
A little different from the sponsors we typically get, but that's not a bad thing. Very interesting, I'm looking forward to checking this out.

More
12 Aug 2010 00:42 #8022 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re: Sponsor - HarperCollins
I agree, I don't know why I'm so excited to see this, but I am. The books seem pretty good, IMO.

More
12 Aug 2010 02:04 #8027 by draymac
Replied by draymac on topic Re: Sponsor - HarperCollins
I am with you Lersar...this is just really cool. I enjoy reading as well. Hoping to get one of those hardbacks ;-)

More
13 Aug 2010 16:20 #8070 by J_E_R_O_M_E
THAT IS AWESOME!! I am always down for free stuff. WHO ISN"T?! :)

But that is a pretty sweet deal. That will be an interesting read.

Thanks in advance to Harper Collins

"Where ever you go, there you are"

Battle.net: J_E_R_O_M_E
Steam: J_3_R_0_M_3

More
14 Aug 2010 20:15 #8087 by Wingless92
Very cool. I started reading books on my EVO with the Kindle app for Android. I konw for me that I will only read Ebooks. The whole point in being greener. Anything that I can do to be greener is a good thing. I have to help the environment cause the Stang has no catalitic converters on it.

More
16 Aug 2010 01:45 #8161 by garfi3ld
Well you should read this one, its not any less green. Even if you don't take the book it was already made.

Wes

More
16 Aug 2010 02:36 #8171 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic Re: Sponsor - HarperCollins
I'm trying to figure out when I'd have time to read a book.

More
16 Aug 2010 02:47 #8172 by Twodavez
Since LAN OC has a vent server, maybe we could get a gamer book club started. Everyone read a chapter and then we'll discuss it on sunday night :)
Or maybe Wes would be willing to read us chapters prior to going to bed. I'm not a huge reader. Mainly self help is all i get into, But i'm willing to check out anything

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
16 Aug 2010 04:01 #8178 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re: Sponsor - HarperCollins

Twodavez wrote: Since LAN OC has a vent server, maybe we could get a gamer book club started. Everyone read a chapter and then we'll discuss it on sunday night :)
Or maybe Wes would be willing to read us chapters prior to going to bed. I'm not a huge reader. Mainly self help is all i get into, But i'm willing to check out anything

I like this idea, but with video games too.

We have 2086 guests and no members online

supportus