v9.0 Registration is Live!

More
11 Jul 2011 09:51 - 11 Jul 2011 09:52 #16616 by Lersar
I've really been looking forward to making this post guys. LanOC v9.0 registration is now live! This event will take place on August 27th and 28th at our normal venue, the Ohio City Community Building. A few notes of importance:

- v8.0 sold out. And sold out again. The community building is only so big, and last time we had to squeeze a table or two in to accommodate everyone, and still had to unfortunately tell people we were full. We're posting on the forums here first to give our community members a chance to register first. Please take that opportunity, we want to see each and every one of you there.

- Keep in mind that a pre-paid ticket trumps on a non-paid ticket. This means the only way to guarantee your seat is to pay ahead of time. If you pay before July 31st, you will receive a discounted price of $10 and an extra entry into the raffle. After the 31st the price will be $15. Paypal is the easiest way, but if you need a different payment method please contact a staff member as soon as possible.

I would also like to take the opportunity to thank Cooler Master, Trendnet, CPU Magazine, Fractal Design, and Bigfoot Networks for such early sponsorship of our event. Though we'll be picking up many, many more in the following weeks, we truly appreciate these companies' eagerness to be part of our LAN. Please, if you have a moment, stop by their Facebook pages and drop them a thank you!

Can't wait for August? Me neither! We are hosting our mini-LAN v8.5 on July 30th (Saturday) at the Ohio City Community Building. Attendance is absolutely free, and showing up will score you 12 hours of gaming with the people you enjoy fragging online. Our capacity is 50 seats for the mini, and we're looking forward to seeing each and every one of you in them. Also, this may be an excellent opportunity to take care of payment for v9.0.

Remember, you decide what we play. Get on the forums and tell us! See you all soon!

v9.0 Registration
v8.5 Registration
v9.0 Game Discussion
v9.0 Event Sponsors
Last edit: 11 Jul 2011 09:52 by Lersar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld, Dreyvas, Kurzuul, Arxon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2011 04:12 #16699 by garfi3ld
Just wanted to give this a bump. We need to promote this early, we only have just over two weeks for the early pay discount.

If we get close to selling this event out we are getting a projector! So lets do this.

Wes

More
15 Jul 2011 22:47 #16704 by Plague

garfi3ld wrote: a projector!

really? a video projector?

More
15 Jul 2011 23:28 #16705 by garfi3ld
hopefully an HD one yes. A few uses that we are looking for

- large format old school tournament
- Schedule posted on the wall for everyone to read
- Tournament brackets for everyone to see
- geeky movies
- streaming some tournaments and other matches
and many more!

our end goal is to have two projectors to cover that list

Wes

More
16 Jul 2011 04:08 #16708 by Twodavez
Let me know when we can start picking seats, that's when i'm sure the registration will really take off! No-one wants to sit next to the guy with a HUGE monitor or the smelly kid :-P

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
16 Jul 2011 04:17 #16709 by Randle

Twodavez wrote: Let me know when we can start picking seats, that's when i'm sure the registration will really take off! No-one wants to sit next to the guy with a HUGE monitor or the smelly kid :-P

That doesn't leave many seats then, does it?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas, Kurzuul, Lersar

More
16 Jul 2011 04:29 #16710 by garfi3ld
lol, seating will open after the mini lan

Wes

More
16 Jul 2011 10:14 #16712 by Shroud
I'll actually be able to come back the 2nd day for this one, fantastic.

More
03 Aug 2011 23:03 #17569 by Myndmelt
After you pay with paypal, does it take a while before you can pick your seat on the seat map? It keeps saying I haven't paid, but I have.

Sorry if I'm being impatient.

More
03 Aug 2011 23:06 #17570 by garfi3ld
the software is a little sensitive about 1 in 15 people have problems. From what we can tell if the redirect after payment gets interrupted while forwarding you back to the website it doesn't show the payment through the software. But no worries, I can see your payment and will credit it right now.

Wes

More
03 Aug 2011 23:10 #17574 by Ender
I seem to be getting the same message too =( I paid, but it won't let me reserve my seat. Never got the redirect either. Me and myndmelt have a group of us (6 of us) trying to get the middle seats =P

More
03 Aug 2011 23:11 #17575 by Myndmelt
Thanks garfi3ld, its working like a champ now. :cheer:

More
03 Aug 2011 23:27 #17582 by garfi3ld

Ender wrote: I seem to be getting the same message too =( I paid, but it won't let me reserve my seat. Never got the redirect either. Me and myndmelt have a group of us (6 of us) trying to get the middle seats =P

your should have been confirmed right after you paid, i did it myself lol

Wes

More
04 Aug 2011 18:47 #17601 by Myndmelt
B) Looks like about 8 more seats were added in the lower left of the seat map. B)

More
04 Aug 2011 19:09 #17602 by Wingcmdr77

Myndmelt wrote: B) Looks like about 8 more seats were added in the lower left of the seat map. B)

I cant find the link for the seat map, go figure, me the newb. Hey its what the avatar says! :whistle:

More
04 Aug 2011 19:30 - 04 Aug 2011 19:39 #17604 by Myndmelt
Last edit: 04 Aug 2011 19:39 by Myndmelt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wingcmdr77

More
04 Aug 2011 19:34 #17605 by garfi3ld
you can find all the information you need including the seat map up top in the menu under LanOC LANParties

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wingcmdr77

More
15 Aug 2011 18:18 #18264 by Lincoln7
Hey guys,

I just read the seat map and it looks like there are still 6 seats open - am I reading that correctly?

More
15 Aug 2011 18:29 #18265 by Myndmelt
All the seats have been purchased its just that those last few need to get on a pick their spot on the map (from what I understand).

More
15 Aug 2011 19:35 #18266 by garfi3ld
Yeah Sorry Kris all the seats are sold out. I really wish we could fit you in. If I find out that anyone can't make it I will let you know. If I could open up any more seats I would :(

Wes

More
15 Aug 2011 21:46 #18275 by Lincoln7
That's ok. I wish I would have signed up earlier, it's just that I never know if i am going to be able to go to these things until the last minute because of work and school and family, etc.

I'll have to try and plan ahead for the next one. :-)

We have 1597 guests and no members online

supportus