Sponsors Page

More
24 Aug 2011 06:00 #18776 by Twodavez
Sponsors Page was created by Twodavez
While i love the sponsors as much as the next guy, would there be a way to give them their own index for their announcement/topic? I just feel that everyone really appreciates every sponsor, and wouldn't we be better suited to thank them more publically on facebook and reference LAN OC than to have everyone go through systimatically and thank then via the LAN OC forums. With so many sponsors it really bogs down the recent topics tab and some important topics are now on page 2 or 3 which people who casually check the site might miss, such as the LOL tourney talk that was going really good there for a little while.

I'm just saying, that they should get their own spot, and we should be a little more personal in thanking them by doing it in a more public place to give them the thanks they deserve...

WIthout the sponsors i may have a dual core AMD PC With like 3 gigs or RAM instead of my quad Intel with 6 gigs and a sweet a$$ case! I love them and always make sure to post up on their facebook pages if/when i win something. Just think it clogs up the talks that are going out when everyone just posts "thanks" on their topics via LAN OC's website...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2011 07:26 #18780 by draymac
Replied by draymac on topic Re: Sponsors Page
I am a lil guilty of this...hehe...thanks for pointing this out fourdavez. ;-) I know I will be hitting up the facebook pages as well!

More
24 Aug 2011 07:37 - 24 Aug 2011 07:39 #18782 by Leonresevil2
Replied by Leonresevil2 on topic Re: Sponsors Page
I can understand the point here, but I think things are tolerable as-is. I dealt with back-tracking and reading all the posts I was interested on the previous pages, even from 48kbps internet. And it's rare enough that we get sponsors, only happens twice a year and we should give them some good attention.

I could appreciate an algorithm to not put one-word or short posts as high on the Recent Topics, but we don't have that big of an issue with (legitimate members) spam so there's not much reason to add confusing code or do anything complex to the system.

Think of it as advertising. But instead of that silly Applebee's commercial, it's an ad that doesn't pop up every 15 minutes, and is actually relevant. And your reward for acknowledging and negotiating through it is amazing sponsorships. I'd deal with commercials much more, if they offered me legitimately free prizes!

As for casual checkers of the site, I think (sadly) we have some people that come and post regularly, and others that won't. I know I disappear sometimes, but I would check more if I had the internet and fancy phones some others have. To those that don't bother to log in while lurking the forums on their high-speed internet and phones, I say man up and get involved. The more member activity, the more we can get these sponsors and support, and grow LanOC.

But I wouldn't mind a page that contains all the facebook links for the sponsors. But things work as is.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.
Last edit: 24 Aug 2011 07:39 by Leonresevil2.

More
24 Aug 2011 09:27 #18788 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Sponsors Page
If you read the forums using the index you wouldn't have to click the forum that all of the posts are in.

Other than that there is no way to avoid it.

A lot of the people who post in our posts also post up on their facebook pages. Part of our agreements with our sponsors is posting up announcing their support on both the forums and in the sponsor listing at the top of the page. It would look really bad if we had all of those posts with only one or two people expressing there excitement or appreciation.

The best way to handle it, honestly, would be to post up as soon as I post each post. If everyone did this we wouldn't have the "spam" all at once while still properly thanking the sponsors.

Would it help if I made the recent posts page longer? :)

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: draymac

More
25 Aug 2011 05:02 #18854 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re: Sponsors Page

garfi3ld wrote: Would it help if I made the recent posts page longer? :)

I think so, i wish it would display everything new since my last log-in. Wish it would go a step further and not mark it as "read" until i actually clicked on the topic. Sometimes i'll hop on for 5 min and not get to read everything that's actually new, and it resets all the "new" markers...

I agree with all your points, I've just had class so far every night this week and my PC time is limited, just trying to help keep things clean.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
25 Aug 2011 08:57 #18868 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Sponsors Page
I extended the listing, i hope it helps

Wes

We have 1750 guests and no members online

supportus