IMPORTANT LAN INFORMATION!!

More
26 Aug 2011 17:27 #19035 by THUMPer
staying tuned

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2011 17:35 - 26 Aug 2011 17:37 #19036 by Myndmelt

jpwinkis wrote: I MAY HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM FOR BEING ABLE TO STAY A BIT LATTER ON SUNDAY. Someones gotta take one for the team though. I'm thinking a hostage standoff would buy us time if it happened around 6am when they want us out. The only issues is I don't know the SOP for when negations being when they cut the power off.

I think if we just stayed in there gaming and if anyone tried to walk in we all just yelled and threw items at them until they ran out, they would eventually get the picture :P Until one of them wised up and killed the power. But then you'd have like 100 angry gamers like a swarm of bees after them.

jk :evil:

*Edit*
How about we challenge them to a dodgeball match for the building on Sunday 100 Gamers vs who ever they are :P May the best team win.
Last edit: 26 Aug 2011 17:37 by Myndmelt.

More
26 Aug 2011 17:37 #19037 by Dreyvas

Wooderson wrote: I'm up for chipping in some more cash as well.

Same.

More
26 Aug 2011 17:37 #19038 by Ropplestiltskin
Well since this is my first Lan Oc I will be sure to have fun trying to find the place none the less.

Ok so I need a bottle of nitro, a stick of Dynamite, a roll of duct tape and ... Oh yeah! a squirrel

More
26 Aug 2011 17:47 #19040 by garfi3ld
I know Adam said 10am but we just found out that we are meeting them just after noon, I will keep everyone up to date.

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas, Lersar, draymac

More
26 Aug 2011 18:09 #19042 by THUMPer
glued to my monitor! I HOPE YOU GET THE NEW VENUE!

More
26 Aug 2011 18:22 #19044 by Wingless92
I know the staff wants to get the new venue also.

We are all hoping and praying!

More
26 Aug 2011 18:35 #19045 by renegade
Anything you all need let me know. Can come up early to help setup, bring what power runs I still have, switches etc.

Already talked to Wes on this as well.

Here crossing fingers all works out!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas, Lersar, draymac

More
26 Aug 2011 18:43 #19049 by garfi3ld
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kelf

More
26 Aug 2011 18:46 - 26 Aug 2011 18:46 #19051 by Wingless92
LAN Attendees

We are at DEFCON 3!
Last edit: 26 Aug 2011 18:46 by Wingless92.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zrigged

More
26 Aug 2011 18:57 #19055 by THUMPer
haha
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF MAN YOUR BATTLE SHIPS!

More
26 Aug 2011 18:57 #19056 by zrigged
Big_Ed will be more than happy to "ride it down" if necessary...

:woohoo:

Don't know if he has a Stetson, though...

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up. HST

More
26 Aug 2011 19:05 #19058 by Myndmelt

Wingless92 wrote: LAN Attendees

We are at DEFCON 3!

More
26 Aug 2011 19:05 #19059 by jpwinkis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fildy

More
26 Aug 2011 19:07 #19060 by Slash_Fury

jpwinkis wrote:

They're all waiting to find out if they'll have enough power to turn on their laptops.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lersar

More
26 Aug 2011 19:16 #19065 by Dreyvas
The following user(s) said Thank You: jpwinkis, Myndmelt

More
26 Aug 2011 19:29 #19067 by Heywood
Yup, something Big Ed Yo would do, fer sure!

The following user(s) said Thank You: zrigged

More
26 Aug 2011 19:34 - 26 Aug 2011 19:34 #19068 by zrigged
What we need to do is round up an official TWT princess to make up for any lost time. I mean, come on, he's never around when ya need a good laugh, ya know? :sick:

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up. HST
Last edit: 26 Aug 2011 19:34 by zrigged.

More
26 Aug 2011 19:41 #19071 by Bushwackr
Sorry to hear about the current situation. I like others here are willing to take the LAN any way it turns out and don't think LAN OH should wipe out their funds to make this a two day event. One long day would suffice if we have to. You folks always do a great job and I will be happy with whatever you decide. B)

More
26 Aug 2011 20:19 #19074 by Heywood
Bushwacker has LanOhio on the brain, I think he meant to say LanOC. I agree with him and the general consensus. I would be willing to kick in a little more cash to make this thing go off.

More
26 Aug 2011 20:27 #19075 by jpwinkis

Heywood wrote: Bushwacker has LanOhio on the brain, I think he meant to say LanOC. I agree with him and the general consensus. I would be willing to kick in a little more cash to make this thing go off.

If he said LAN OHIO, Id agree but he just did LAN OH instead of LAN OC so I think just a 1 letter typo. Which reminds me, when is LAN Ohio going to have their next event? Not looking forward to a 4 hour drive but would like to go to one.

More
26 Aug 2011 21:46 #19084 by Leonresevil2
Any news?

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
26 Aug 2011 21:47 - 26 Aug 2011 21:48 #19085 by CrazyBillyBob

jpwinkis wrote: Which reminds me, when is LAN Ohio going to have their next event? Not looking forward to a 4 hour drive but would like to go to one.

While it's not Technically "Lan Ohio" it all the same folks The Promised L.A.N. is having it's Event The End Of September (30th to the 1st) The Promised L.A.N. 2011 Website <---- Click the Linky for details!
Last edit: 26 Aug 2011 21:48 by CrazyBillyBob.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jpwinkis

More
26 Aug 2011 21:52 - 26 Aug 2011 21:52 #19087 by Myndmelt
I just had a couple of thoughts. I haven't thought them all through but just thinking out loud here.

First if you need to make up some funds you can always buy some ticket rolls and do a 50/50. Some people are even nice enough to donate back the winnings (or a portion) if they win.

Secondly of All, I know alot of these community building and stuff just write you in on a book, but I'm starting to think a contract is more the proper manner. Just saying that they are securing a location for you and if they back out, they are financially responsible for terminating their end of the deal. Besides of course extreme things that are out of their hands, like the building burned down or the power is out because of lightning or something like that. I mean they probably ask you for a deposit the least you could do is ask them to sign a commitment form.

And thirdly please forgive me because I don't know all the details and may be out of line but If who every is booked for Sunday trumps your year and a half reservation shouldn't the board or owners of the facility compensate you for your extra expense? I would think it would be the proper thing to do but again maybe that is extreme.
Last edit: 26 Aug 2011 21:52 by Myndmelt.

More
26 Aug 2011 21:55 #19088 by jpwinkis
Good points. I was thinking a 50/50 raffle to but they may have to do a 75/25 raffle and winner gets 25 percent. If I won, I'd pocket it. Just saying. Good idea with the contract but I think with the fact that they always fill up and have to turn people away and now this shit, that a new venue is a must. But it wouldnt hurt to have something signed for the next place.

More
26 Aug 2011 22:08 #19091 by Ender

CrazyBillyBob wrote:

jpwinkis wrote: Which reminds me, when is LAN Ohio going to have their next event? Not looking forward to a 4 hour drive but would like to go to one.

While it's not Technically "Lan Ohio" it all the same folks The Promised L.A.N. is having it's Event The End Of September (30th to the 1st) The Promised L.A.N. 2011 Website <---- Click the Linky for details!

Eek! Their website could use a few updates =P

More
26 Aug 2011 22:10 #19092 by CrazyBillyBob

Ender wrote:

CrazyBillyBob wrote:

Eek! Their website could use a few updates =P

We pulled out the Old site from Mothballs because of the "Retro" gaming agenda... But yah it could be updated some :)

More
26 Aug 2011 22:14 #19093 by Myndmelt

CrazyBillyBob wrote: We pulled out the Old site from Mothballs because of the "Retro" gaming agenda... But yah it could be updated some :)

Mothballs? How do you get their tiny legs apart? :silly:

More
26 Aug 2011 22:19 #19094 by THUMPer
LOL crt monitors.

More
26 Aug 2011 22:20 #19095 by Wooderson
did everyone get that email

I kill CPU's

We have 1413 guests and no members online

supportus