LanOC v10.0 March 24th and 25th

More
18 Nov 2011 21:03 - 27 Feb 2012 10:35 #20975 by garfi3ld
Hey everyone I know it seem early to be posting up our next event but we want to get ahead of the game a little for our biggest and best event to date! LanOC v10 will be our 10th "main" lan and because of that we want to go over the top with everything we do. We have increased the capacity of the event up to 119 people, hopefully this way some of the people who had to miss out last time can make it. We will still have our normal activitys and tournaments but expect everything to be a little more over the top than past events.

Where will the event be?
We are hosting v10 at the same building we used for v9.0 in Van Wert, Ohio at 220 Fox road. We are just down the street from all the food you can eat and hotels and motels are also nearby. Please look up at the top of the website under LanOC LANparties to find out more about the hotels and motels in the area along with food.

Registration and costs
As most of you know going to our new building last event was a major jump in price for our building. After finding out how much everyone loved the new building we wanted to make sure we could stay there. To do this our price had to go up slightly. We have a three price breakdown, although we hope you prepay early enough where you won't have to worry about the other two. The three price breakdown goes like this

Now to Feb 24th at 11:59pm $15
Feb 25th until March 23rd at 11:59pm $20
At Event price $25

By doing the Early Bird pre-pay from now until Feb24th you will also get yourself a pre-printed name badge. Everyone after will have to be written in the day of the event.

Please remember the only way to guarantee yourself a seat is to pre-pay, until you have paid for it you don't have a seat. Once we sell out, if you haven't pre-paid you are out of luck.

Raffle
This is always a touchy subject for everyone including us staff. We are going to follow the same raffle format that we have had in the past with one exception. Each person will only get one raffle ticket for registration, no matter when you register. We are making this change to make sure that everyone gets a good chance to win. You will still be eligible to earn other raffle tickets by winning tournaments, contests, and other events both at the LAN and before. Remember also, our raffle tickets are given per person, not per seat as we have done in the past.

Tournaments
Our tournaments are up for discussion on the forums, we are planning on doing an FPS, an RTS, our walk up tournament, and then our old school tournament. If you do not post up suggestions, please do not complain about the games picked. We pick from the games you guys suggest while keeping in mind what will work best for the LAN.

Games
We are open to playing ANY game you guys are up for. In order to get the game you are interested in posted up on our suggested game list we will need to see a few people posting up interest in it. Please post up the games you are hoping to play at v10. Just like with our tournaments, if you don't post up your suggestions, please don't complain about the games picked.

Do I need a second seat?
There are a few situations where you might need a second seat. Specifically if you feel your PC is going to take an excessive amount of power, if you can't fit into just one seating area without hanging out over into another person's area or off the table, and if you want to hook up a second PC. The excessive amount of power would normally only be an issue when you are running triple or quad video card's. People with multiple monitor setups are asked to purchase two seats for both space and power reasons. We can only guarantee a 3 foot space per person, the building we have does have a few 8 foot tables but they will be used where needed to keep the rows spaced correctly.

Registration is open now! Sign up early and we are looking forward to seeing you there!

Wes
Last edit: 27 Feb 2012 10:35 by garfi3ld.
The following user(s) said Thank You: draymac, L0rdG1gabyt3, Myndmelt, Aeope

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2011 20:42 #21947 by garfi3ld
Bump, I just wanted to remind everyone to spread the word as we hit the new year. We haven't pushed registration very much but we are already half way full. As we get closer to the end of the early bird registration its going to fill up quickly. I would hate to see anyone miss out

Wes

More
01 Jan 2012 13:19 #21960 by Davey_Boy
This fills up fast guys! If you have signed up and haven't paid or gotten a seat...you better do it fast! One day you'll all of a sudden look and see all the seats filled! Like seriously i've seen it happen!

More
01 Jan 2012 14:56 #21962 by Arxon
I need 2 more seats but the site wouldn't let me register the people some names on here for registration.

More
01 Jan 2012 22:07 #21963 by garfi3ld
what did registration do? because we have people register on here all of the time

Wes

More
02 Jan 2012 03:46 #21973 by Arxon
Said access was denied when going to join the lan.

More
02 Jan 2012 04:23 #21975 by Dreyvas

Arxon wrote: Said access was denied when going to join the lan.

Make sure you're signed in, I have had the same issue when not logged in.

We have 3519 guests and no members online

supportus