Games of Interest for LanOC V11.0

More
20 Aug 2012 06:34 #27324 by JOOOOOOOOOO
Any chance we could start a new thread with voting options for games for those who will be pubbing? I'm just curious what the general gaming interest is outside the tournaments, as I'm not really into any of those games. Would personally love to play some CS:GO and TF2. Thanks guys!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2012 06:39 #27325 by garfi3ld
this thread was also for games you plan on playing. There is a list on both the first post on here as well as on the LAN games listing on the website itself. Feel free to post up more if you guys are interested though.

Wes

More
20 Aug 2012 17:38 #27330 by jj_Sky5000
tf2 Man Vs Machine!!! I will probley start out playing that on sat !!!!!

More
20 Aug 2012 17:41 #27331 by Lersar

jj_Sky5000 wrote: tf2 Man Vs Machine!!! I will probley start out playing that on sat !!!!!

I tried several times this weekend. I don't know if its different if you pay for a ticket map, but the community servers for the free boot camp option were TERRIBLE. Sat in a queue for twenty minutes at a time waiting to get in only to get prompted with a
'server is running and older version' error. Documented problem several people were having according to the forums. Wasted probably an hour and a half trying to play. Never got in one.

More
20 Aug 2012 17:45 #27332 by Twodavez
I was watching some people play last night, tried to get into a server, but the queue time was longer than i was willing to wait to play some TF2... The mode looks interesting and appears to require lots of team play, which is i guess how TF2 is supposed to be played anyway right?

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
20 Aug 2012 17:59 #27334 by JOOOOOOOOOO

Lersar wrote:

jj_Sky5000 wrote: tf2 Man Vs Machine!!! I will probley start out playing that on sat !!!!!

I tried several times this weekend. I don't know if its different if you pay for a ticket map, but the community servers for the free boot camp option were TERRIBLE. Sat in a queue for twenty minutes at a time waiting to get in only to get prompted with a
'server is running and older version' error. Documented problem several people were having according to the forums. Wasted probably an hour and a half trying to play. Never got in one.

I was planing on bringing my TF2 server. I have had good success playing MVM on it with 6 guys and a couple spectators. Also I have mani admin installed so we can RTV and change maps quickly and easily without a shutdown. It's up to date and currently available on the net if you want to test joining. You can join it by typing connect forgelan.no-ip.org in your console in TF2. Need 3 people to start the round tho.

More
20 Aug 2012 18:02 - 20 Aug 2012 18:02 #27335 by Twodavez

JOOOOOOOOOO wrote:

Lersar wrote:

I was planing on bringing my TF2 server. I have had good success playing MVM on it with 6 guys and a couple spectators. Also I have mani admin installed so we can RTV and change maps quickly and easily without a shutdown. It's up to date and currently available on the net if you want to test joining. You can join it by typing connect forgelan.no-ip.org in your console in TF2. Need 3 people to start the round tho.

To avoid the wrath of JJ, just make sure the respawn time is low, especially if we don't have a full server as a 15 sec respawnt time can sway the game too much to come back, even if there are skilled players...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain
Last edit: 20 Aug 2012 18:02 by Twodavez.

More
20 Aug 2012 18:07 #27336 by jj_Sky5000
The stock spawn time wasnt too bad. We had 2 computers playing mostly sat and sunday on all different maps no more than 9-10 wait time. and once your in you can invite your freinds to join, I may have access to 2 servers as well so we will get it figured out

More
20 Aug 2012 18:18 #27337 by JOOOOOOOOOO
Yeah, stock respawn time is a bit rough with smaller numbers especially for defense on a payload map. I can change that on the fly if need be.

More
20 Aug 2012 20:33 #27342 by Cyphis
Hmm....I didn't know people still played TF2. :/

More
20 Aug 2012 21:37 #27349 by Dreyvas

Twodavez wrote:

JOOOOOOOOOO wrote:

Lersar wrote:

To avoid the wrath of JJ, just make sure the respawn time is low, especially if we don't have a full server as a 15 sec respawnt time can sway the game too much to come back, even if there are skilled players...

Changing spawn times kind of ruins the entire point of the MvM mode, imo.

More
20 Aug 2012 21:45 #27351 by Twodavez
MvM being Man vs Machine? i wasn't thinking changing that, just the push cart maps especially when it's 5v5 on the server. It's just too hard to set up and defend as the cart moves really fast with no-one guarding it. Sorry if i was unclear in my comment.

More
21 Aug 2012 00:39 #27353 by jj_Sky5000

Dreyvas wrote:

Twodavez wrote:

JOOOOOOOOOO wrote:

Lersar wrote:

MvM being Man vs Machine? i wasn't thinking changing that, just the push cart maps especially when it's 5v5 on the server. It's just too hard to set up and defend as the cart moves really fast with no-one guarding it. Sorry if i was unclear in my comment.

I agree with no change on mvm and agreewith no respwan on any other map or mode

More
21 Aug 2012 00:43 - 21 Aug 2012 00:43 #27355 by Twodavez

jj_Sky5000 wrote:

Dreyvas wrote:

Twodavez wrote:

JOOOOOOOOOO wrote:

Lersar wrote:

Off Topic: What's the record for the most quotes with-in quotes? This has got to be up there! :woohoo:

Last edit: 21 Aug 2012 00:43 by Twodavez.

More
21 Aug 2012 04:16 #27367 by Lersar

Twodavez wrote:

jj_Sky5000 wrote:

Dreyvas wrote:

Twodavez wrote:

JOOOOOOOOOO wrote:

Lersar wrote:

Off Topic: What's the record for the most quotes with-in quotes? This has got to be up there! :woohoo:

I too am interested!

More
21 Aug 2012 04:55 #27369 by Myndmelt

Lersar wrote:

Twodavez wrote:

jj_Sky5000 wrote:

Dreyvas wrote:

Twodavez wrote:

JOOOOOOOOOO wrote:

Lersar wrote:

I too am interested!

What was the topic again? :dry:

More
21 Aug 2012 06:19 #27382 by cytog64
I think I will try for another shot at AvP deathmatch...I could really go for some Unreal III or Crysis Wars deathmatch as well.

More
21 Aug 2012 06:53 #27383 by Arxon

Myndmelt wrote:

Lersar wrote:

Twodavez wrote:

jj_Sky5000 wrote:

Dreyvas wrote:

Twodavez wrote:

JOOOOOOOOOO wrote:

Lersar wrote:

I too am interested!

What was the topic again? :dry:

TF2 is fun no matter the mode imho

More
21 Aug 2012 07:29 #27384 by renegade
How about UT 2k4 DM or CTF? I will make sure I have AvP installed. Just let me know when you wanna try it.

More
22 Aug 2012 03:36 #27406 by Angrypirate
So maybe I missed it but, has anybody brought up Guild Wars 2?
I know I will be all over that

More
22 Aug 2012 04:34 #27407 by renegade
Darkego and I both will have Guildwars 2

More
22 Aug 2012 04:38 - 22 Aug 2012 04:38 #27408 by jj_Sky5000
since teh new patch is out i will be back playing D3!!!
Last edit: 22 Aug 2012 04:38 by jj_Sky5000.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Myndmelt

More
22 Aug 2012 08:10 #27411 by renegade
D3 Patch too little too late IMO
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

More
22 Aug 2012 17:12 #27412 by Myndmelt

renegade wrote: D3 Patch too little too late IMO

Not for me, I played 2.5 hours last night and it was actually the first time in a long time that I had a BLAST playing. I wasn't dying/repairing all the dang time. I got to level 40 on my Barb, which I know is nothing for alot of players. But it's a big deal for me because I haven't play it a ton since I bought it.

More
22 Aug 2012 19:01 #27414 by jj_Sky5000
I tested it out last nite as well, seemed smoothe and wasnt event close to dyeing . i am getting that clicky feeling again

More
22 Aug 2012 20:35 #27416 by CrazyBillyBob
I'm sure I'll be hitting a little D3, but I'm also sure that SupCom2, Borderlands, some BF? action will also cross my Screen.
Maybe talked into some COD or the like. A few Rounds of TF2...

Maybe even some StarCraft

More
22 Aug 2012 21:06 #27417 by Twodavez

CrazyBillyBob wrote: I'm sure I'll be hitting a little D3, but I'm also sure that SupCom2, Borderlands, some BF? action will also cross my Screen.
Maybe talked into some COD or the like. A few Rounds of TF2...

Maybe even some StarCraft

Let JJ and i know about the SupCom2 as we tried to get some played at QC, but wasn't able to get much going!

More
22 Aug 2012 22:35 - 22 Aug 2012 22:35 #27418 by jj_Sky5000
with billybob

jj
aidan
haley
twodave
death jester
billybob

we have 6 for supcom2
Last edit: 22 Aug 2012 22:35 by jj_Sky5000.

More
23 Aug 2012 00:44 #27421 by Myndmelt
Anyone have SW Battlefront 2? It could be fun, come on.

More
23 Aug 2012 02:14 #27424 by parall4x
I tried replaying Battlefront 2 a couple of weeks ago... the aiming didn't seem that bad back then.

BUT IT IS.

We have 2356 guests and one member online

supportus