wes is thirsty- free stuff inside

More
02 Sep 2012 22:06 #27786 by garfi3ld
first to bring wes a soda gets to pick from my tote :)

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2012 22:29 #27787 by Oh4sh0
"i have candy in my van, kids."

More
04 Sep 2012 16:25 #27806 by Twodavez
Seems that the kids(girls) were the only ones tracking the site/projectors and got stuff out of the special box of goodies. I was waiting for some twitter love, but nothing came up.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
04 Sep 2012 17:41 #27812 by garfi3ld
noone ever got this one btw :-P

Wes

More
04 Sep 2012 18:15 #27813 by Twodavez

garfi3ld wrote: noone ever got this one btw :-P

When i came up to ask you about it, you already had a Pepsi at your keyboard. i thought you said you ended up going for one.

Wish the DLP (or whatever it was called) could do random Pop-ups to do random things. like run around the building (have something back there to collect) and bring it to Wes. Half the LAN would take out the front door at the same time, it would sure be funny to watch!

Or what about hiding a raffle ticket somewhere in the room, and give out clue randomly as to it's where-abouts. I should do something like this with the Pancake breakfast and put something on the bottom of one of the plates for a small prize, or a coupon for free breakfast next LAN... :-)
We're there to play games, right? :)

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
04 Sep 2012 19:00 #27814 by garfi3ld
some good ideas!

Wes

More
04 Sep 2012 19:01 #27815 by Sideout
Bake a ticket in one of your pancakes and see if someone finds it .

I am the LAN!!!!

More
04 Sep 2012 19:12 #27819 by Twodavez

Sideout wrote: Bake a ticket in one of your pancakes and see if someone finds it .

sounds like a liability, as someone half awake would eat it, and choke, and die. then there would be no more pancakes or twodavez! :unsure:

More
04 Sep 2012 20:57 #27820 by Myndmelt

Twodavez wrote:

Or what about hiding a raffle ticket somewhere in the room, and give out clue randomly as to it's where-abouts. )

First Hint: It's taped somewhere on Wes's body.....

More
04 Sep 2012 20:59 #27821 by garfi3ld
well we actually had prizes hidden in swag bags this time around

Wes

More
04 Sep 2012 20:59 #27822 by Twodavez

Myndmelt wrote:

Twodavez wrote:

Or what about hiding a raffle ticket somewhere in the room, and give out clue randomly as to it's where-abouts. )

First Hint: It's taped somewhere on Wes's body.....

Game on! :blush:

More
04 Sep 2012 21:50 #27826 by Deb0
So hidden, one wasn't claimed.

More
04 Sep 2012 22:53 #27827 by CrazyBillyBob

garfi3ld wrote: well we actually had prizes hidden in swag bags this time around

Just not Hidden in mine :)

This is the first LANOC that I was there early enough to setup, stop and go through the bag while at the lan. (setup is much faster with out a crazy R2 or other such mod ;) ) Normally the swag bag gets dumped into my lan pack and I go through it at home once I recover from the lan.

More
04 Sep 2012 23:13 #27829 by garfi3ld

mem0man wrote: So hidden, one wasn't claimed.

and was later given away to one of the Case Showoff winners :)

Wes

More
04 Sep 2012 23:30 #27830 by Myndmelt
I should have asked, I had a can of soda too. I figured it was already claimed.

More
04 Sep 2012 23:45 #27831 by Twodavez

CrazyBillyBob wrote:

garfi3ld wrote: well we actually had prizes hidden in swag bags this time around

Just not Hidden in mine :)

This is the first LANOC that I was there early enough to setup, stop and go through the bag while at the lan. (setup is much faster with out a crazy R2 or other such mod ;) ) Normally the swag bag gets dumped into my lan pack and I go through it at home once I recover from the lan.

I agree, it's not something i typically go through (read all the stuff) until i get home and have a chance to process. Mailinly i'm just looking for the ELP sheet to tell me the rules, how to plug in, and get started gaming... REading is for later.
Were the prize indicators pretty obvious if a bag was gone through? I'm not all that interested in reading through the entire sponsors packet in hopes of finding a small mark saying i won, plus i don't dump out my lan bag to find small tickets inside to claim prizes...

More
05 Sep 2012 00:54 #27834 by Dreyvas
Alex (Koolaid) told me there was a card inside the folder that would tell me if I won or not. I saw no such card and was confused.

More
05 Sep 2012 01:00 #27836 by Twodavez

Dreyvas wrote: Alex (Koolaid) told me there was a card inside the folder that would tell me if I won or not. I saw no such card and was confused.

I also heard of such a "card", but wasn't sure if it was supposed to be in the little card holder, or scribbled on one of the 20 sheets in that binder containing the products from the sponsor.

I know Renegade Won a motherboard, i'm not sure if it was publically announced to give the sponsor credit, but he was pretey excited about winning (which i'm sure we all would've been) :woohoo:

More
05 Sep 2012 01:04 #27837 by Myndmelt
I was confused about the card too, I went throught the systemax folders like 5 times, the I figured that there was no prize and this was their evil plan the whole time :laugh:

More
05 Sep 2012 02:10 - 05 Sep 2012 02:10 #27839 by Plague
It would have been one of Justin (evildoer) business cards with writting on the back. I got the one that was put in the folders given to the staff. Won an SSD that is now in my laptop.
Last edit: 05 Sep 2012 02:10 by Plague.

More
05 Sep 2012 04:37 #27840 by Twodavez
Did anyone else win anything? how many prizes were given out? I don't remember Systemax being mentioned during the raffle, although i didn't stay for the final one...

More
05 Sep 2012 04:51 #27841 by garfi3ld
Systemax provided prizes from Corsair and MSI. This was done as a treat to those who took a few minutes to take a look at their materials. This shouldn't be a big deal considering everyone who stayed did go home with at least one prize.

Wes

More
05 Sep 2012 06:15 #27842 by renegade
There were 3 or 4 cards in the systemax folders. If you won there was a business card with his name and what you won, if you didnt there was no card.

The one I opened that Alex gave to me had an MSI 560ti video card in it.

More
05 Sep 2012 17:24 #27843 by Twodavez

garfi3ld wrote: Systemax provided prizes from Corsair and MSI. This was done as a treat to those who took a few minutes to take a look at their materials. This shouldn't be a big deal considering everyone who stayed did go home with at least one prize.

Oh, it wasn't a big deal, I just was wondering about what the card looked like and where it was. there was alot of paperwork in those systemax folders. Love the sponsorship, just wondered the new prize technique for next time. I always take a quick look at the stuff in the bags, but usually throw them away if they don't pertain to anything i'm going to be needing for home in the near future.

More
05 Sep 2012 17:52 #27844 by renegade
Just goes to show you should always take a good look at what is in your bag. NeXus last 2-3 events we have hidden cards in bags for goodies. If said goodies were not claimed by last raffle we put the items into the raffle. Usually it's free bawls things like that, but you never know what might show up as a random item in a swag bag. Sponsors more want that swag to be given out and looked at by attendee's then the raffle items. The swag and flyers etc are very important to them an getting the word out on those products.

So taking 10 minutes going thru a bag and checking out the info is supporting the sponsors in a large way, and they will at times do this kinda raffle to see who is actually looking in their bags.

More
05 Sep 2012 19:06 #27848 by Dreyvas
I think the confusion was due to the fact that the non-winners were looking for a card that wasn't there, since we were told we would have a card that would tell us if we won or not. No biggie, just a bit of miscommunication.

We have 1814 guests and no members online

supportus