LanOC Black Ops Server

More
31 Oct 2010 05:52 #10718 by Lersar
Tonight we pre-ordered a LanOC Black Ops server, ran through Chicago, so it will be low ping since its pretty central to most of our community. Its still processing ATM, but we will update with information as soon as we get it so we are ready to play when the game releases.

There are 18 slots, which is the maximum, on a ranked server. If anyone is interested in contributing, let a member of staff know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2010 06:15 #10719 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: LanOC Black Ops Server
I can't wait to play.

A big thanks for Wingless for chipping a full 50 bucks toward this!

Wes

More
31 Oct 2010 18:59 #10725 by shocka
Replied by shocka on topic Re: LanOC Black Ops Server
Crap that's a lot for a server, I guess I wont kill you at all wingless. :) Just gotta get some headphones because mine died so I'll most likely be playing the game as a deaf. ;(

Xfire: bigdizzl3 | Steam: wwweeezzzyyy

More
31 Oct 2010 20:07 #10726 by garfi3ld
server hosting isnt cheap. Thats only a portion of what was spent. But we did get the best deal we could by preordering and also paying for a full year up front. Our TF2 server cost considerably more and it was the best price we could find.

Wes

More
31 Oct 2010 20:44 #10727 by Wingless92
I do it for the children!

It was worth it IMO, help us out LanOC, every bit helps, no matter how big or how small.

More
01 Nov 2010 00:04 #10728 by shocka
Garfield with all of the sponsors you get for the LAN is there no way to get server sponsors? Especially if it's only for the LAN but maybe we can get some server provider to host us a server for awhile, maybe not for Black Op's but maybe another game.

More
01 Nov 2010 00:21 #10730 by garfi3ld
we looked into it whn we setup our tf2 server. I did have a few that were willing to send product to sell to pay. But nothing beyond that. We may looking into it in the future if we see interest in other servers.

Wes

More
01 Nov 2010 00:36 #10732 by Wingless92
I would think that Sponsor's would send us product, not money for us to play our games, that's just me though. It would be cool if a couple of Sponsor's stepped up and did do this but until then you can thank the staff for the server.

I am not mad about spending the money either, it was less that what I paid for game and a whole lot less that what I have in Starcaft2! Regardless, this is going to be a LAN game for sure. That is why I put the money into it. If I can't find a game to play I always default to the COD games. They are endless fun.

The only thing that sucks is that i'm going to have to find a "rank up" server so I can get max level ASAP. Kinda like MW2,"Press 4 for level 70" lol. Love those games.

More
01 Nov 2010 00:45 #10733 by garfi3ld
"The only thing that sucks is that i'm going to have to find a "rank up" server so I can get max level ASAP. Kinda like MW2,"Press 4 for level 70" lol. Love those games. "

why do that, most of the fun is leveling up with your close friends. Now we have a server and a way to do that.

Wes

More
01 Nov 2010 00:46 #10734 by garfi3ld
I also want to thank Adam, although im sure he will get some of the money back. He did front the entire server cost.

*golf clap*

Wes

More
01 Nov 2010 01:14 #10736 by Wingless92

garfi3ld wrote: "The only thing that sucks is that i'm going to have to find a "rank up" server so I can get max level ASAP. Kinda like MW2,"Press 4 for level 70" lol. Love those games. "

why do that, most of the fun is leveling up with your close friends. Now we have a server and a way to do that.

That is true, I won't go looking for those servers but if I happen to "Stumble" upon one, now that I think about it, i'll probably just play on our's most of the time anyways. Hopefully our community picks this game up with reckless abandonment. Everyone and their mom needs to buy this, no questions asked.

More
01 Nov 2010 01:18 #10737 by garfi3ld
yeah I understand that not everyone will. But I hope we have atleast as many people as we get when we play mw2. We are also excited that we may meet some new people by having the server right from the start.

Wes

More
01 Nov 2010 01:34 #10738 by shocka
I chipped in $10, I'm a broke bitch SUE ME,lol. Was just wanting to know if one of our guys are wanting in the server and its full will we be able to kick out a random player?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lersar

More
01 Nov 2010 02:04 #10739 by garfi3ld
treyarch hasn't released any information about the servers yet, we dont know officially if we can have vip's or anything yet

Wes

More
03 Nov 2010 00:43 #10767 by garfi3ld
Another big thank you is due to D-Ray-Mac for throwing in $50 into the server along with a thank you to Shocka. This means the server is fully paid up and ready to go for next week.

If you guys are interested in going together for any other game servers please let me know. I would love to see a couple populated servers running, and we do have a little extra money in the clanpay from vent if its interesting enough.

Wes

More
03 Nov 2010 19:31 #11679 by J_E_R_O_M_E
This is going to be the ShizNit!! :woohoo:

"Where ever you go, there you are"

Battle.net: J_E_R_O_M_E
Steam: J_3_R_0_M_3

More
09 Nov 2010 01:32 #12020 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re: LanOC Black Ops Server

Nov 8, 2010 - 12:37pm EST
Call of Duty Black Ops will be activating throughout our global network over the next 12 hours! Check your email inbox for details on how to manage your Call of Duty Black Ops server once it is active.

Stay tuned!

More
09 Nov 2010 04:39 #12022 by garfi3ld
[173.199.94.35:3074]

the server is installed, we will be working on a few config things as they open up.

Wes

More
09 Nov 2010 06:38 #12023 by L0rdG1gabyt3
Wow!! This sounds great! If only I could play this beast of a game!

More
10 Nov 2010 19:33 #12168 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re: LanOC Black Ops Server
Thanks to everyone who put up with the issues the game is having and joined us last night. Once we got the server over six players, it filled up quick and we had a great time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld, draymac

More
10 Nov 2010 20:45 #12170 by draymac
Replied by draymac on topic Re: LanOC Black Ops Server
I enjoyed myself too! The game is a lot of fun once you get past all the issues, lol.

More
10 Nov 2010 21:35 #12171 by J_E_R_O_M_E

draymac wrote: I enjoyed myself too! The game is a lot of fun once you get past all the issues, lol.

Yeah Rub it in. I think you are one of the few without issues..LOL...I'm jealous

As for playing last night, It was a blast. The Lan OC server is the only one I could play on consistently so far with the fewest issues. I will be on again tonight!

More
12 Nov 2010 00:15 #12194 by shocka
I have yet to play with any of you :(, I'm already prestige level 20 o.O lol!!

More
12 Nov 2010 00:42 #12195 by J_E_R_O_M_E

shocka wrote: I have yet to play with any of you :(, I'm already prestige level 20 o.O lol!!

I got a few choice words for you soldier!! "please be on my team" LMAO!! :laugh:

More
12 Nov 2010 14:59 - 12 Nov 2010 15:03 #12202 by shocka
My Emblem!!

You guys like?

Last edit: 12 Nov 2010 15:03 by shocka.

We have 1006 guests and no members online

supportus