LanOC is Recruiting

More
15 Jan 2010 19:34 - 10 Feb 2010 23:42 #1785 by Tim
LanOC is Recruiting was created by Tim
Tell your gaming friends that LanOC has opportunities for those interested in writing about games/hardware and accessories.

Positions that currently need to be filled.

Editorial/Management

Community Manager
Description: Manages the LanOC forums and communicates with the LanOC community. Uses contests and games to keep our audience engaged. Sets up game nights where fans can frag a few of the LanOC editors.

Staff/Contributors

Reporter
Description: Sorts through Press releases and affiliate emails to produce news copy. What's your spin? No experience necessary. The only requirements are an interest in news, passion for gaming/hardware and a willingness to learn.

Reviewer
Description: Reviews games/hardware and accessories. We give you the product then you tell us what you thought then you get published. It's that simple. No experience necessary just a passion for games and tech and a somewhat critical eye and of course a willingness to learn.

Anyone interested in applying for any of the above positions can send an email to Tim at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and be ready to produce at least one writing sample. As stated before no experience is required as long as you are willing to listen and learn.

~Tim
My mom says I'm cool.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2010 23:44 #2054 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic RE: LanOC is Recruiting
im going to give this a bump, im really surprised we haven't had more people respond from within our community. Ive had a lot of people ask in the past.

Wes

More
10 Feb 2010 23:51 #2055 by NitrosDragon
Email'd and eager.
Please excuse my lack of participation in the forums.
Senior year is a busy one for a smart guy like me. :P

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

More
07 Apr 2010 11:17 #3437 by zrigged
Replied by zrigged on topic RE: LanOC is Recruiting
garfi3ld wrote:

im going to give this a bump, im really surprised we haven't had more people respond from within our community. Ive had a lot of people ask in the past.

Since life has calmed a bit since garfi3ld and I last spoke about this, I'm going to give this some more thought. This is a great forum and I would like to take a more active roll. Hopefully we can talk a bit more about it at the lan next weekend (REALLY looking forward to attending as my LAN fix is far overdue!).

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up. HST

More
07 Apr 2010 14:54 #3452 by Davey_Boy
Replied by Davey_Boy on topic Re:LanOC is Recruiting
I'd be up for reviewing online games and such. I've played a lot of online mmo's in my time. I noticed you review a lot of hardware and not as many online games. Just a thought ;)

More
07 Apr 2010 14:57 #3453 by Leonresevil2
Replied by Leonresevil2 on topic Re:LanOC is Recruiting
I would be up for reviewing games, it would have to be older stuff right now since I don't have any new games or equipment.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
07 Apr 2010 14:58 #3454 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re:LanOC is Recruiting
And that is why we have been looking to expand into game reviews

Wes

More
07 Apr 2010 15:06 #3456 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re:LanOC is Recruiting
Leonresevil2 wrote:

I would be up for reviewing games, it would have to be older stuff right now since I don't have any new games or equipment.

I think reviewing old (1-5 years old) is a good idea. Those would be the games that came out for $60 that weren't the typical games a person plays (like a FPS person trying out a RTS game or vice versa) but now that they are a year or two old, the might be worth picking up for $15-$20... Also not everyone can keep up with the hardware requirements of these new games (myself included) so knowing of the older games would be a good thing. I know there has been much conversation concerning what games would work on a laptop...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
07 Apr 2010 15:11 #3457 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re:LanOC is Recruiting
Twodavez wrote:

Leonresevil2 wrote:

I think reviewing old (1-5 years old) is a good idea. Those would be the games that came out for $60 that weren't the typical games a person plays (like a FPS person trying out a RTS game or vice versa) but now that they are a year or two old, the might be worth picking up for $15-$20... Also not everyone can keep up with the hardware requirements of these new games (myself included) so knowing of the older games would be a good thing. I know there has been much conversation concerning what games would work on a laptop...

I like the idea, maybe reviewing the titles that are in the 'Greatest Hits' categories of Playstation or Xbox. But as Wes said, we need more reviewers to do something like.

More
07 Apr 2010 15:16 #3460 by Davey_Boy
Well there aren't too many online mmo's that require high graphics and other high grade equipment...most mmo's still run on pentium III computers lol they're made for ppl with lower-grade computers...at least most of them are, not all.

More
07 Apr 2010 15:20 #3467 by garfi3ld
most of the newer MMO's are starting to require better rigs. Look at Aion for example

Wes

More
07 Apr 2010 15:23 #3469 by Davey_Boy
garfi3ld wrote:

most of the newer MMO's are starting to require better rigs. Look at Aion for example

true

More
07 Apr 2010 15:42 #3479 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re:LanOC is Recruiting
I would be up for the "Reporter" position. I love me some new tech. Hell, I waiting until the last moment to build my rig cause of the Intel 980X then I found out about the $1000 entry fee :(

More
07 Apr 2010 16:44 #3492 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re:LanOC is Recruiting
starkiller1 wrote:

Well there aren't too many online mmo's that require high graphics and other high grade equipment...most mmo's still run on pentium III computers lol they're made for ppl with lower-grade computers...at least most of them are, not all.

I wonder if it's becaue the game makers would rather you spend your money monthly on a subscription fee instead of upgrading your rig :ohmy:

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
07 Apr 2010 17:03 #3499 by Davey_Boy
Twodavez wrote:

starkiller1 wrote:

I wonder if it's becaue the game makers would rather you spend your money monthly on a subscription fee instead of upgrading your rig :ohmy:

most of the low graphic games are f2p actually lol and that's why they're f2p cause the graphic requirements aren't that high. aka: low budget ;)

More
07 Apr 2010 17:39 #3501 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re:LanOC is Recruiting
Which is interesting, considering one of the more graphically demanding MMO's, Aion, is from NCSoft, which has always been f2p, until its release. I used to run Guild Wars on an old, old XP machine without dedicated graphics.

More
07 Apr 2010 19:13 #3516 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic Re:LanOC is Recruiting
I would be up for game reviews, hell I play enough of them.

More
15 Apr 2010 02:08 #3795 by garfi3ld
have any of you guys emailed Tim?

We would love to hear from you

Wes

We have 2144 guests and no members online

supportus