Logo Talk

More
15 Feb 2010 02:30 #2097 by garfi3ld
Logo Talk was created by garfi3ld
I need everyone's feedback on a few logo's that we have sitting around. Please feel free to comment on these or submit your own.
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2010 02:34 #2098 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic RE: Logo Talk
I like the very top, good font and the WASD is a nice touch. But I also think it would be nice to have more of an emblem from the logo, such as the LOC circle thats included in the others, for use on watermarks, shirts, etc.

More
15 Feb 2010 05:33 #2099 by Reaper
Replied by Reaper on topic RE: Logo Talk
I like the design of logotest6, but would substitute the text for what is on logotest8/10.

EDIT: Now that there are #'s, "I like the design of #5, but would substitute the text for what is on #7/#9."

More
15 Feb 2010 11:49 #2102 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic RE: Logo Talk
Everyone who has instant messaged me with their feedback, please don't be afraid to post. Also, remember you don't have to like any of them. I need honest feedback

Wes

More
15 Feb 2010 19:32 #2104 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic RE: Logo Talk
I love #10. It reminds me alot of TF2 without being too obvious. I think the whole thing would look good as a logo on a shirt as it although #3 would look the best as just a normal Logo on a polo, while #10 would look good on the back of a shirt for an event you were sponsoring. Making that your absolute corporate logo, but have #3 for the simple deal.
I'm not a big fan of 5-9 as they look too cartoonish and i can't imagine them looking good embroydered onto a polo, which would be the type of shirt i would like, plus it's what i'd imagine you'd wear to trade shows and stuff like that.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
17 Feb 2010 04:46 #2113 by garfi3ld
any more feedback? Only three people?

Wes

More
17 Feb 2010 11:59 #2114 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic RE: Logo Talk
I'm not a fan of any of them. If I had to pick, I'd say #4, but needs more color or something.

More
17 Feb 2010 15:46 #2116 by Lersar
Is there anything specific you don't like?

More
17 Feb 2010 16:40 #2117 by MoonShine
Replied by MoonShine on topic RE: Logo Talk
I'm quite fond of #10. I completely agree to what Twodavez said about #10 and #2/3.

More
17 Feb 2010 18:34 #2118 by Twodavez
I actually don't like #4. it's kinda boring in my opinion and i agree it would need color, but it doesn't look creative, it's something anyone could put together and i don't think it would set LAN apart from other sites as well.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
17 Feb 2010 22:50 #2120 by Nacelle

Lersar wrote: Is there anything specific you don't like?

After a second look, #7 is growing on me. I hate dissing something someone worked hard on, but I don't care for the white backround. You might want to redo the jpg with less compression. The artifacts in the circle make it look like it was colored with a crayon.

More
18 Feb 2010 00:59 #2121 by Lersar

Nacelle wrote:

Lersar wrote: Is there anything specific you don't like?

After a second look, #7 is growing on me. I hate dissing something someone worked hard on, but I don't care for the white backround. You might want to redo the jpg with less compression. The artifacts in the circle make it look like it was colored with a crayon.

Not at all man, we're looking for any advice, whether it be praise or criticism. Moonshine developed several styles so we could pick and choose what we liked/didn't like.

More
18 Feb 2010 01:21 #2122 by garfi3ld
The white background?

Please keep in mind that I am looking for the design not the colors selected. The compression wouldn't be an issue on a final design.

If anyone has any other designs I would love too see them. I am open to anything. My only requirement is the logo needs to be 2 colors or less not counting white, and it needs to be simple enough to use it for anything.

Wes

More
18 Feb 2010 11:49 #2124 by Nacelle
You didn't say where it was going, so I assumed that you were looking for a new banner at the top of the site. You didn't say design only. You said "I need everyone's feedback on a few logo's". The backround is part of a logo.

More
18 Feb 2010 17:10 #2134 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic RE: Logo Talk
I like number 3. It's small simple and reminds me of my fantastic logo.

~Tim
My mom says I'm cool.

More
18 Feb 2010 18:36 #2135 by MoonShine
I don't think people usually think about the white background, because it is not a part of the logo, the background could be white, black, or gradient, and it not be a part of the logo design. The only thing in that picture that can be called the logo, is the orange, and the black.

In this link [ www.tidalimage.net/lan_oc_grad.jpg ] you can see where the outlines are, and what is the background.

More
18 Feb 2010 18:44 #2137 by Lersar

MoonShine wrote: I don't think people usually think about the white background, because it is not a part of the logo, the background could be white, black, or gradient, and it not be a part of the logo design. The only thing in that picture that can be called the logo, is the orange, and the black.

They're probably designed transparent aren't they?

More
18 Feb 2010 18:58 #2140 by MoonShine
Yes they are, the only reason the aren't on the site, is because I didn't save them as a file that can handle transparency, like a PNG, of a GIF, just a simple JPG.

More
19 Feb 2010 12:03 #2145 by Nacelle

MoonShine wrote: I don't think people usually think about the white background, because it is not a part of the logo, the background could be white, black, or gradient, and it not be a part of the logo design. The only thing in that picture that can be called the logo, is the orange, and the black.

In this link [ www.tidalimage.net/lan_oc_grad.jpg ] you can see where the outlines are, and what is the background.

That is clear now. Before it wasn't. I look at ALL aspects of a logo. Just because no one else thought of it, doesn't mean the background isn't considered part of it.

More
19 Feb 2010 13:35 #2146 by Twodavez
I never thought of the backround being white, i was looking at the logo as the colors not the lack of colors as i figured it would be put on whatever color shirt and the white would turn into that color. I've never seen a logo tht was a big white box with the logo inside...

More
19 Feb 2010 21:30 #2159 by garfi3ld
so anyhow.. any other feedback? I know more people visit the forums than this. I would love to hear from new members also!

Wes

More
23 Feb 2010 18:20 #2181 by Twodavez
Maybe you could print these out or have them on display at LAN 6.0 so that people could see them. Maybe you could have a voting thing set up to so that people could vote since you'll have most of the LAN OC crew in one room. Make sure you set something up online though for us who can't make 6.0, i wanna vote as i'm looking forwarding to rocking a polo with that logo at other LANs!

More
23 Feb 2010 19:55 #2183 by Lersar

Twodavez wrote: Maybe you could print these out or have them on display at LAN 6.0 so that people could see them. Maybe you could have a voting thing set up to so that people could vote since you'll have most of the LAN OC crew in one room. Make sure you set something up online though for us who can't make 6.0, i wanna vote as i'm looking forwarding to rocking a polo with that logo at other LANs!

I second every part of this ;)

More
24 Feb 2010 00:01 #2184 by garfi3ld
im up for that also but I do have two issues. I really don't want to wait until april to figure everything out. But more importantly, I don't want to put it up for a vote. I think a vote will force people into picking the best of the options, meaning we may not be picking the best logo we could have, just the best right now.

Thats not to say that I don't like the options we have right now. Ive just been looking for feedback to see if people think we are going in the right direction. If you guys are happy with any of them, I also want to know that. I can't wait to get a logo and move on to bigger and better things :)

Wes

More
24 Feb 2010 16:42 #2187 by Davey_Boy
Replied by Davey_Boy on topic RE: Logo Talk
Def #1 I think. Maybe a kinda green color like in the matrix text, and then make the shirts black. I think that'd be cool. Maybe also at the left side of it you can put #3 there same color scheme. It looks cool in my head idk about in real life though haha

More
24 Feb 2010 20:27 #2200 by Lersar
I'm definitely a fan of #1, but the problem with a green/black color scheme (as much as I like it too) is that it doesn't really match the rest of the site.

More
24 Feb 2010 20:33 #2203 by Davey_Boy
Replied by Davey_Boy on topic RE: Logo Talk
Easy fix...change the site ;) jkjkjkjk
I see what you mean. Maybe just an idea for t-shirts to give away during a lan or something. *cough* or just *cough* give one to me *cough* *cough*...Man I need to take some cough drops or something that's becoming a problem...

More
01 Mar 2010 22:54 #2266 by NitrosDragon
Replied by NitrosDragon on topic RE: Logo Talk
I like #3, but I think it should have a bit more style, somehow. Keep it simple, but ...something, lol.

Not many of the other ones can be reduced to such a simple icon as #3 can be. They just have the text rearranged around them.
I also like how #1 does incorporate a gaming element, but it's kinda boring.

So, something simple, yet stylish, and incorporates some aspect of gaming (preferably not console-related).

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

More
15 Mar 2010 05:28 #2664 by Leonresevil2
Replied by Leonresevil2 on topic RE: Logo Talk
#1 looks nice, I like the keys, not bad.
#2 is ok, kinda lacking something that catches your eye.
#3 seems like a better version, probably something that would go on a shirt.
#4 is not bad, controlled, and the contrast (in either way) does draw your attention more.
#5 is not bad, circle looks good, but the rest seems to fade away (metaphorically)
#6 seems like a better version, circle logo stands out more, looks like it would work well as a website logo, not so much for shirts.
#7 does seem cartoon-ish in the logo, but the letters stand out more, because of the contrast edging.
#8 is just an alternate take, but I would say that design setup (logo over text) would work well for a shirt (#6 would be great as site logo, and put logo over text like that for shirts; that would probably be the best IMO)
#9 is slight tweak of #7, stands out a lil less.
#10 once again is ok, just doesn't catch your eye.

Overall, they aren't bad, but my feeling is that they are all somewhat stuffy and stiff, cut straight and such. Looking at them, I could just as easily imagine them saying "Quantum Megacorp" as much as "LanOC"; what I mean is, they are very business-like, and even a bit clean-cut for that. Maybe that is your goal, I don't know.
My opinion is that #6 is best, and could be done for shirts by way of mimicking #8.
I would say, if you could do it, have the LOC circle like #6, have the "LanOC" in the normal color but have the outer box around it (like the lower LanOC in #4), and "Reviews" done like the lower "Reviews" in #4. But, connect the box around "LanOC" to the circle logo. I think that would look good; it looks good in my mind. I think I will draw it up in Paint, and I could post it if you are interested. It may not look as good as I am thinking, but I like the idea. If it comes down to it, I vote #6.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
15 Mar 2010 06:35 #2665 by Leonresevil2
Replied by Leonresevil2 on topic RE: Logo Talk
Finally done. Doing Paint on a laptop mousepad is... not fun.
My rendition, just to demonstrate what I was thinking. I think it looks pretty snazzy, but you be the judge. The letters may be a lil off since I did them by hand kinda, but this is NOT a final copy by all means. Just what I think it cool.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.
Attachments:

We have 1593 guests and no members online

supportus