Forum feature request

More
12 Jul 2012 01:46 #26084 by Dreyvas
Previewing of posts would be greatly helpful. As it is, it seems like I often have to go back and edit because I messed up some formatting or something. It would make the forums more user-friendly for everyone. Thanks for reading.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2012 02:31 #26085 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Forum feature request
lol lets see how this works

It doesn't work on images though

Wes
Attachments:

More
12 Jul 2012 02:38 #26086 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re: Forum feature request
Oh holy shit, totally missed that. Guess I'm just used to having a "preview" button next to submit in most other forums. Thanks for pointing that out.

More
12 Jul 2012 02:48 #26087 by garfi3ld
I forgot as well, i was going to post about how I think its a great idea. Then I remembered that I did add it a long time ago. I will look into adding a better version that supports the attached pictures in the future though.

It does work with pictures other than attached pictures, or attached pictures after they have been uploaded

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

More
12 Jul 2012 08:09 #26102 by Leonresevil2
Yea I was thinking it was an existing feature. Maybe making it a clearer button (having the word on it, setting it near the Submit button) would help.

Oh BTW he's lying to you, Wes added it in just after you requested it. ;)

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

More
12 Jul 2012 16:28 #26106 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re: Forum feature request

Leonresevil2 wrote: Yea I was thinking it was an existing feature. Maybe making it a clearer button (having the word on it, setting it near the Submit button) would help.

Oh BTW he's lying to you, Wes added it in just after you requested it. ;)

:P

More
26 Jul 2012 08:08 #26509 by garfi3ld
Hey psssst ;)

Wes
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas, Myndmelt

More
29 Aug 2012 00:14 #27602 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re: Forum feature request
Is there a way to be notified when someone clicks "Thank You" on one of your posts? I stumbled across the listing of all the thank yous i've recieved, but it would be cool if it told me that someone thanked me when i signed in, so i could go to the post and see if they posted something also.
The coolest thing would be if when i signed in, it would pop-up, like when i have a new PM... Just saying, if it can be done, i'd appreciate it and "thank you" while i was at it!

Also, could you track these and give special prizes to people with the most thank you's in between the LAN's and also the person who thanked the most people. Obviously you'd have to keep these numbers private until the LAN so people didn't just go through every post and thank everyone just to boost their numbers. I think if it was just thank you's recieved, it would be easier to prevent cheating.

Plus everyone deserves to be thanked. You'd be surprised how you can change a relationship with a simple thank you for all that person does for you...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arxon

We have 1706 guests and no members online

supportus