LanOC v20 postponed until later in 2017

More
18 Jan 2017 06:36 #38292 by garfi3ld
So a lot of people have been reaching out asking for updates on our spring event and I haven’t had an answer to date. This is because I have been looking at options to move to a larger venue but things like locking down an internet connection capable of what we needed at the venue that we were looking at took up a lot of time. This pushed things way out and has had me questioning if a big move is a good idea. It adds a lot of costs that mean higher charges, a lot of risk for Alex and I, plus we have to find more staff. It’s obvious we are going to need more time, and more feedback from everyone on moving to a new venue (we only heard back from a few people on the move email and most weren’t sure about it).

So the plan was to lock things down at our current venue for the spring event. But last week I found out that a good portion of the power circuits we use at the building may not be available for us this spring. Add to that the fact we haven’t replaced Gaston yet, I have made the decision to officially cancel our spring date. I know we could put together a smaller event and play the power situation by ear. But with this being our 20th main event, I really want to put together the best possible event for everyone. With that, we hope to have our 20th event this fall. We do still have September 16th and 17th still scheduled with our local venue and for now, that can be our tentative date. This will give us more time to consider the larger venue as well as look for additional staff.

TLDR: LanOC v20 won’t be this spring like we had planned, looking at this fall. Hope to see you all there

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2017 07:00 #38293 by Hotdog Zanzibar
That's a huge bummer buddy, but I understand why you made the choice to postpone. I'll definitely be there in the fall -- hope this means you & Alex can spare the time to come to COGlan 2.0 March 3-4! ;)

More
18 Jan 2017 07:08 #38294 by garfi3ld

Hotdog Zanzibar wrote: That's a huge bummer buddy, but I understand why you made the choice to postpone. I'll definitely be there in the fall -- hope this means you & Alex can spare the time to come to COGlan 2.0 March 3-4! ;)

Actually thats a good point, she is in bed already but I will check with her to see if she is off that weekend. Before I couldn't do it for sure because it was to close to this event

Wes

More
18 Jan 2017 07:50 #38295 by MeowserKat
Sucks, but let me know if I can help out in any way for LanOC v20.

More
18 Jan 2017 18:19 #38296 by GirthJohnson
Damn, I missed the last one, was really looking forward to the spring.

It'll be worth the wait though, I know you guys will find a great place to move to.

I've got no technical skills, but I'm happy to help out in any way I can for you guys. Just let me know what I can do.

More
19 Feb 2017 00:28 #38306 by L0rdG1gabyt3

garfi3ld wrote: . We do still have September 16th and 17th still scheduled with our local venue and for now...

Very interesting... I may have to keep my calendar clear for that date. LAN on my birthday (16th) sounds interesting,

More
22 Feb 2017 20:16 #38307 by Wooderson
See you in the fall!

I kill CPU's

More
01 Aug 2017 16:39 #38401 by CrazyBillyBob
SO..... Is it going to happen In Sept??

More
07 Aug 2017 22:39 #38404 by garfi3ld
Will have an update posted late tonight or tomorrow

Wes

We have 1962 guests and no members online

supportus