New logo and an odd occurrence

More
12 Apr 2010 20:39 #3698 by Leonresevil2
Surprised no one else said anything about it (that I saw), but I like the new logo, fits to the existing style pretty well. Just thought about this (useful for the future), but you could have it where logged-in users get to see a rotating logo (pulls randomly from logo designs made up) and have an option to vote that logo up. It would allow accurate comparisons (refresh to get a different one), and give an easy way for users to vote (wouldn't be limited to 1 vote total). It would be a cool way to do it, just a thought for the future.

The odd occurrence is in Recent Discussions for me. I go to a topic, click the (#)New! link, read, go back to Recent Discussions, read other new posts, in the mean time someone posts in the topic I read, and I see that topic marked as (#+1)New! [16 New becomes 17 New, etc.] instead of 1 New. It's not posts while I was reading (as far as I can tell), it can come about a decent amount of time after reading the initial topic, and it just really seems to be a random occurrence. No need to pull out flamethrowers to quash this bug; I just wanted to see if anyone else had the issue (can always be scripts, but it's so random and infrequent that I doubt that).

Overall, nice work on the logo, I see that the sparky stuff was removed, looks nice. "LanOC, not pronounced 'La-nok'." ;)

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2010 00:38 #3713 by NitrosDragon
I miss the old site with the random slogans. =]

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

More
23 Apr 2010 04:13 #4460 by Leonresevil2
I guess I'll bump a little, since I noticed the topics aren't marking as Read quite as often now. Maybe because of site changes (noticed the changes in avatars on right, and the additions to the AlphaUsers profile options, nice), maybe because of all the spa... posts in time for the competition. ;) Anyway, topics basically get marked as read, then a new post is added, and all the previous unread posts since log-in are marked unread (including my own posts, oddly enough).

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

We have 2100 guests and no members online

supportus