Weird....

More
25 Jul 2010 18:33 #7508 by draymac
Weird.... was created by draymac
Anyone else notice the page peel at the very top right corner of the site!?!? I thought I was going nuts or had spyware on the pc but it only loads on this site....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2010 18:55 #7510 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic Re: Weird....
screen cap.

More
25 Jul 2010 19:04 #7511 by draymac
Replied by draymac on topic Re: Weird....

Image scaled for posting purposes
Attachments:

More
25 Jul 2010 19:08 - 25 Jul 2010 19:11 #7512 by draymac
Replied by draymac on topic Re: Weird....
When I highlight over it, it expands over the top 1/3rd of that corner and reveals the page itself and is click-able but it just loads the home screen upon clicking on it.
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Jul 2010 19:11 by draymac.

More
25 Jul 2010 20:07 #7514 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Weird....
That is another ad location that I have been hiding. I turned it on to show a company the location. Not sure if we are going to use it. But Wes needs a new pair of shoes!

No really I do lol

Wes

More
25 Jul 2010 23:03 #7518 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re: Weird....
So when you think of us, all you see is dollar signs :unsure:
:cheer: Just kidding, cool you can make a little coin from the reviews and the traffic you get, i know it's more work than you may get financially, but still nice to hear there are other perks :)

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
25 Jul 2010 23:12 #7519 by garfi3ld
Yeah I do get a little money from the site, the goal is to get to the point where I can do it full time.

Well I should say, not have to do a full time job. I already work on the site full time lol

BUT with the economy the way it has been, I get more product trade offers than anything. For example my cases (840 and stacker) have both been trades for ads. I have a new ad starting at the first of the month that will be trading my 840 up for something umm newer

So anyhow, what do you guys think of that ad location? I can place it on the top right or top left. I hate ads, but they are needed if I hope to put more time into the site.

Wes

More
25 Jul 2010 23:32 #7521 by Twodavez
Not bad placement, why not just make the ads at the bottom smaller so you can fit 3 across like the top, or add another row.
Could you add more places to buy the products to the bottom of their reviews then you'd get some type of bonus if someone bought through them by being directed from your site?
Finally, why not put an ad at the bottom of the right tool bar below the points section? Most posts are long enough that it would be seen when someone scrolled down to read the post...

those are just my thoughts on generating alittle extra for the site and in turn making the LAN's even more baller than they already are. I'm looking foward to some hardcore dodgeball in SEPT! :evil:

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
25 Jul 2010 23:38 #7522 by garfi3ld
Bottom ads really don't do much. The exception is the ad at the bottom of each review. Not as many people scroll to the bottom of the page.

I have thought about getting rid of the right side bar all together to make for a less cluttered page and to also make for more room for larger photos. Of course everyone is dependent on the new posts listing on the right side lol.

Wes

More
26 Jul 2010 00:26 - 26 Jul 2010 00:27 #7529 by Twodavez
Well if i could upload bigger photos and not have to shrink the ones i have, that might be a good thing :blush:
I say lets try it out, change is never anything likes, but i'm sure we can get used to the "show latest posts" tab and use that to see what's new on the site.
Also the "look here" is at a different spot on the reveiws page, in case it's supposed to be in the top right the whole time...

Last edit: 26 Jul 2010 00:27 by Twodavez.

More
26 Jul 2010 01:12 #7532 by garfi3ld
The review page has been broken, I can't find what is pushing everything down. But thanks for pointing that out, I didn't know the ad was being pushed. It may help find the problem

Wes

More
26 Jul 2010 01:13 #7533 by garfi3ld
Also, there is also a link to the most recent posts right up top next to your name when you are logged in.

Wes

More
27 Jul 2010 03:01 #7581 by NitrosDragon
Replied by NitrosDragon on topic Re: Weird....
I think it is very clever and should be premium placing for any ad. It's very catchy to the eye and has great "ooh-shiny!" factor.

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

We have 1927 guests and no members online

supportus