Anyone need to borrow a computer for the LAN?

More
30 Jul 2010 11:32 #7673 by Nacelle
I'm getting a Cyber Power PC in for review today. I can bring it with me to the lan for someone to use if needed. If more than one person speaks up, I'll go by whoever has the most pathetic excuse for a gaming pc. If you like it enough, you could probably buy it. I'm sure they would like to not have to pay for shipping back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2010 00:34 #7678 by Kurzuul
I have a friend (I vouch for him taking good care of it) who has no PC and that prevented him from coming with me to 5.5

Did you want a deposit or something :P

File Attachment:

Xbox Live: Ceffanus
Steam: korbaut
Windows LIVE: aloysis

[WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS NO RESEARCH WHATSOEVER AND IS BASICALLY 100% ASSUMPTION.]

More
31 Jul 2010 02:01 #7679 by Nacelle
Since it's not mine, I think it would be wise for me to make sure it's set up next to me. It is worth over $1100 after all. I opened the box and it seems it's the tower only. I'm going to have to scrounge up a monitor, keyboard and mouse. I might have the keyboard and mouse. But the only extra monitor I have is a CRT. If you have something better, it would behoove you to bring it.

More
31 Jul 2010 03:00 #7680 by garfi3ld
I should also point out that I have a an extra tower or two minus the monitor, keybaord, and mouse for anyone else who is considering coming but does not have a rig or whatnot

Wes

More
31 Jul 2010 15:13 #7682 by Kurzuul
Well, I'm sure he wouldn't mind sitting next to you provided you don't bite.

File Attachment:

[WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS NO RESEARCH WHATSOEVER AND IS BASICALLY 100% ASSUMPTION.]

More
31 Jul 2010 15:28 #7684 by Nacelle
If the 2 of you are coming together, I'll make sure there's room for you both. Let me know if I need to bring the CRT, keyboard, and mound. I can preload steam games, but does he have his own steam or blizzard account? If not, we'll have to see what we can do.

More
01 Aug 2010 00:54 #7698 by Lersar
Nacelle wrote:

If the 2 of you are coming together, I'll make sure there's room for you both. Let me know if I need to bring the CRT, keyboard, and mound. I can preload steam games, but does he have his own steam or blizzard account? If not, we'll have to see what we can do.

I *may* be able to snag an extra 15" or so LCD monitor. Depending on if Kyle wants/is able to come.

More
01 Aug 2010 06:40 #7704 by Kurzuul
He has *nothing* -_-

He puts all his money into his 360.

File Attachment:

More
01 Aug 2010 13:05 #7706 by Nacelle
Lersar wrote:

I *may* be able to snag an extra 15" or so LCD monitor. Depending on if Kyle wants/is able to come.

Let me know if you do.

More
03 Aug 2010 00:05 #7739 by Lersar
10-4 on that monitor. Now I just need to remember to bring it. XD
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld

More
06 Aug 2010 22:51 - 06 Aug 2010 23:09 #7841 by Nacelle
I didn't realize my daughter was going to be at her grandma's house. So she won't be needing her monitor. You won't need to bring that one unless someone else needs a computer. Any non-steam game requests to put in it?
Last edit: 06 Aug 2010 23:09 by Nacelle.

More
07 Aug 2010 17:09 #7861 by Kurzuul
...were you talking to me? or...?

File Attachment:

More
07 Aug 2010 18:01 #7863 by Nacelle
Yes about the games, you'll have access to my daughter's Steam account which has TF2, L4D 1 & 2, Alien Swarm. I also installed CoD4, League of Legends, Demigod, Warcraft 3, Starcraft 1 & 2, Blur, Flatout 2, UT3, UT2004.

The monitor situation was with Lesar.

More
08 Aug 2010 00:40 #7868 by Kurzuul
Yeah that's great. Thank you so much. I wanted him to see how much cooler PCs are than consoles :P

File Attachment:

More
08 Aug 2010 02:45 #7869 by Twodavez
I might have a friend coming who might need to borrow a PC. are there any still available? He's only 25% sure he's coming, but i'm sure if i can secure him a PC, he might be more willing to come. Heck i'm sure JJ has a few extra laying around i could borrow :-)

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
08 Aug 2010 02:49 #7874 by garfi3ld
I can have one available if needed

Wes

More
09 Aug 2010 00:36 #7913 by Nacelle
Kurzuul wrote:

Yeah that's great. Thank you so much. I wanted him to see how much cooler PCs are than consoles :P

How'd that turn out?

More
15 Aug 2010 04:21 #8113 by Kurzuul
Well, not the best -_-

File Attachment:

More
15 Aug 2010 06:37 #8127 by garfi3ld
well having net for the first half of the lan would have helped. Also I dont thing RTS's are always the best to bring in new people

Wes

More
15 Aug 2010 11:01 #8139 by Kurzuul

garfi3ld wrote: well having net for the first half of the lan would have helped. Also I dont thing RTS's are always the best to bring in new people

well, he's not the most patient so he didn't even stick around more than a half hour after things went south. we were still playing tf2 at the time.

File Attachment:

More
15 Aug 2010 17:06 - 15 Aug 2010 17:06 #8143 by Lersar

Kurzuul wrote:

garfi3ld wrote: well having net for the first half of the lan would have helped. Also I dont thing RTS's are always the best to bring in new people

well, he's not the most patient so he didn't even stick around more than a half hour after things went south. we were still playing tf2 at the time.

I'm surprised TF2 didn't do the trick. It was one of the games that really pushed me over from console to PC.
Last edit: 15 Aug 2010 17:06 by Lersar.

More
15 Aug 2010 17:48 #8144 by Nacelle
Since we didn't have internet, I was having trouble getting it to go into offline mode. Then when it did do it, it wouldn't connect to the server. I think that's when he decided to leave.

More
15 Aug 2010 22:38 #8152 by Kurzuul

Nacelle wrote: Since we didn't have internet, I was having trouble getting it to go into offline mode. Then when it did do it, it wouldn't connect to the server. I think that's when he decided to leave.

That's precisely what happened. I suppose I should have let him try... but he usually won't do that. He's too nice :P

File Attachment:

More
15 Aug 2010 23:57 #8153 by garfi3ld
well hopfully we can get him to give it a try in the future. Its always a good time and we don't normally have that problem

Wes

More
19 Aug 2010 05:20 #8309 by Kurzuul

garfi3ld wrote: well hopfully we can get him to give it a try in the future. Its always a good time and we don't normally have that problem

Maybe, but I think the main reason he came this last time was because it was free :P

File Attachment:

We have 1411 guests and no members online

supportus